COMM Patch

Topics on Radio (CB, GMRS, Ham, etc), GPS, Smoke Signals, or whatever else you can use to talk to other people who are not within yelling distance.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Squeek

COMM Patch

Post by Squeek » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I noticed a really nice looking logo for ZSCOMM, what are the chances of HQ stocking the patch so we HAM's can obtain one?
Damaged people are dangerous. They know how to survive..... Josephine Hart

CipherNameRaVeN
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quarantine, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later. The Road, Time of the Wolf (2004, French)

Re: COMM Patch

Post by CipherNameRaVeN » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 pm

I think there are none since ZSCOMM is a new thing. I'd be down for one though.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

BOB & EDC | FAK
ImageImage

nacho
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sugar Hill (1974)

Post by nacho » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:07 pm

You mean this one?

I think it's pretty slick, but embroidered patches are kind of expensive. A short run of T-Shirts would be more reasonable though. It would be a 4 color print on a black T-Shirt to do it right.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 pm

If that's the logo you mean, ZSHQ has granted us permission to use it, but set limits on how it can be used. Before reproducing it on any article I'd suggest requesting permission from them.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am

I wonder about the practicality of using the image for making pins...I've seen them more reasonably priced for smaller quantities...I'd be interested!

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

CoffeeGuy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Chopper Chicks in Zombietown, Shawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Resident Evil (only the 1st), Return of the Living Dead, Bloodsuckers From Outer Space, Wild Zero, Biozombie.... (many more for such different reasons)

Post by CoffeeGuy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 pm

looks great. would like one maybe 6" as a vehicle decal.

packn_rn
Favorite Zombie Movies: the Omega Man, I am Legend,the remake of "Dawn of the Dead"

COMM Patch

Post by packn_rn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Check out "emblem enterprises inc" I've had EMS, FD, & police patches done though them before. They were reasonable, as long as you did the minimum order, they did great work.

AEuropa

Post by AEuropa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:01 pm

If we're starting a count, I'd be in for 4 patches. :D
Former Vice President, Hawaii Defense Foundation
Oath Keeper Life Member #256
III
ImageK9ALE

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 pm

I'll just reiterate, while ZSHQ has approved the graphic they have not yet approved any particular vendor to make patches or decals. I strongly suggest checking with them before having anything made.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

MrFord
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MrFord » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:19 pm

New here but would be in for a couple of these patches.

KI4SMP
Youth and Enthusiasm Will Never Defeat Old Age And Treachery
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Orwell

Polie

Post by Polie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 am

down for a couple myself.
ImageImage

tbrents42
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, Stacy: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies, Dead Snow 1 & 2

Post by tbrents42 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:33 am

Ditto for patches and stickers.
Tim (KK4JRN) of ZSC-016
THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL ME SHOULD RUN

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 am

Okay, the way this works (getting merch made) is that you should come up with a design and a plan for how many articles you want to have made, and take a specific request to the chapter liason (chapters@zh) that looks like 'We'd like to make 50 4" round patches with the ZSARC logo, using these guys, as a group buy for our members' .

the Chapter liason will take it back to the guy who approves logo usage and tell you when its approved.

Whomever is running the group guy should take point on getting the approvals. It's not hard, we do it all the time in 001.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 am

crypto wrote:Okay, the way this works (getting merch made) is that you should come up with a design and a plan for how many articles you want to have made, and take a specific request to the chapter liason (chapters@zh) that looks like 'We'd like to make 50 4" round patches with the ZSARC logo, using these guys, as a group buy for our members' .

the Chapter liason will take it back to the guy who approves logo usage and tell you when its approved.

Whomever is running the group guy should take point on getting the approvals. It's not hard, we do it all the time in 001.
The one problem I see with that is that ZSARC is not a chapter.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 am

KJ4VOV wrote:
crypto wrote:Okay, the way this works (getting merch made) is that you should come up with a design and a plan for how many articles you want to have made, and take a specific request to the chapter liason (chapters@zh) that looks like 'We'd like to make 50 4" round patches with the ZSARC logo, using these guys, as a group buy for our members' .

Yes, you kind of are for organizational purposes. Just send it to chapters@zh, it'll work I promise.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 pm

crypto wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:

Yes, you kind of are for organizational purposes. Just send it to chapters@zh, it'll work I promise.
I'll pass that on to NoAm, since she's the elected ZSARC president.

Neville

Post by Neville » Wed May 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Count me in as interested. I'm rebuilding a radio and embarking on studying for my exams.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

I will forward it onto HQ and see what we can do :wink:
Thanks to Davo for the wonderful creation!
(We have to currently work through HQ)
Last edited by NoAm on Wed May 02, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed May 02, 2012 4:47 pm

KJ4VOV wrote: I'll pass that on to NoAm, since she's the elected ZSARC president.
LOL well shes also the chapter liason coordinator, so that will be simple.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

Post by jnathan » Wed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm

This thread illustrates why we need a facepalm Smilie. I'll be adding one this week.

-Jeff
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

jnathan wrote:This thread illustrates why we need a facepalm Smilie. I'll be adding one this week.

-Jeff
Here, use mine... Image :mrgreen:

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Email sent
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

NoAm wrote:Email sent
To the Chapter Liaison Coordinator, from the ZSARC president... :lol:

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 am

Count me in for a couple.

Return to “Communications”