Help with programming issue, Yaesu VX-5r and CHIRP

Topics on Radio (CB, GMRS, Ham, etc), GPS, Smoke Signals, or whatever else you can use to talk to other people who are not within yelling distance.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Smash05
ZS Member
ZS Member

Help with programming issue, Yaesu VX-5r and CHIRP

Post by Smash05 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Picked up a new to me used VX-5 and Chirp will download from the radio, but there is an error uploading that freezes CHIRP, and there is a receive error on the VX. I have done a hard reset on the HT, updated CHIRP, and researched the issue. It appears it might have something to do with MAC OS, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or ideas, or perhaps alternative software. Any help is appreciated.
Those who are prepared to help themselves, are prepared to help others.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Re: Help with programming issue, Yaesu VX-5r and CHIRP

Post by emclean » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 am

you might try another program to program the radio. there are a couple of then here.
http://www.dude-suit.net/2011/06/yaesu-vx-5r/

ssdtopgun

Post by ssdtopgun » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 am

There are a lot of variables in play here we would need more detail to help diagnos the issue.

What version of CHIP and Mac OS are you using?

Are you using a Yeasu cable or a generic third party? If you are not using a Yeasu cable what make and model cable are you using?

Smash05
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Smash05 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:42 pm

ssdtopgun wrote:There are a lot of variables in play here we would need more detail to help diagnos the issue.

What version of CHIP and Mac OS are you using?

Are you using a Yeasu cable or a generic third party? If you are not using a Yeasu cable what make and model cable are you using?
It would appear it was a MAC OS issue. My old Windows laptop was able to program the radio just fine.
Those who are prepared to help themselves, are prepared to help others.

Return to “Communications”