It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:07 am 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Zombie Con is yearly gathering of Zombie Squad members from around the world. This year we will be meeting in Irondale, MO for 5 days, starting Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 8:00am to Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 12:00pm

Last Day to Register is 6/1/16 and spaces are limited.

REGISTER HERE: https://www.zombiehunters.org/store/ind ... ucts_id=43

PLEASE, remember that ZCON is a members only event (make sure your membership is up to date) and you must be 21 years of age to attend.

Picture yourself lying in a luxurious California-King sized bed.
You’re comfortably wrapped in the softest comforter imaginable, while the hum of the air conditioner turns this 105 degree June day into a nice winter morning. Picture yourself lying in that bed, reading Facebook updates on your phone while sipping a mimosa. Everything is perfect and comfortable. Now, imagine waking up from that sweet dream and being thrust into the reality. Where instead of a lovely bedroom in some posh hotel, you’re sleeping on a jagged rock face, at a 45 degree angle, in the tick-infested wilderness (okay…”wilderness” might be a stretch) of Irondale, Missouri. The tears will flow as you realize that you’ve been sipping on dirt and gravel instead of the mimosa you dreamed about.
Dry your tears, honeytoast. This is ZombieCon XII; you’ve been here before. You’re used to this. Wipe your face off with a dirty towel, meander down to basecamp, make a cup of cowboy coffee, and figure out which of the day’s activities you’re most excited about. Maybe it’s one of the many classes and seminars we’re offering on everything from ham radio to first aid. Maybe it’s the field trip to the local shooting range or the float trip. Maybe you’re just happy to sit in the swimming hole, drink a beer, and enjoy that nice cold water flowing all over your swimsuit clad body. There’s a lot to be excited about. Fuck mimosas.
Once again, we’re inviting you to spend four days with us at ZombieCon central. It’ll be four days of zombie movies under the stars, bonding under the sun, and learning under the tents. It’ll be a great chance to test out your camping gear, and meet ZS members from across the country. It’s a fun time. So pack your bag, register, and get moving.
Oh, and this camping trip really does take place on a 45 degree hill made of dirt, rock, and gravel. There is no power, no running water, and no roads. When we say camping, we mean camping. You’ll have to leave that pop-up luxury hotel your grandpa left you in his will, at home.
Schedule:
Wednesday (6/22):
Set up camp
Meet and greet your fellow ZS members
Seminars, presentations and discussion panels
Watch some bad zombie movies

Thursday (6/23):
Field trip to a local shooting range (we supply targets, trap device and clay pigeons)
Come back to camp and enjoy "Manbath"
Watch more zombie movies

Friday (6/24):
Canoe trip
Camaraderie
State of the Squad-party

Saturday (6/25):
Morning PT
Seminars, presentations and discussion panels
Watch zombie movies

Sunday (6/26):
Moan about being sore
Clean up and go home

Some of the seminars and discussion panels on the schedule hosted by experts in on their topic included in past Zombie Cons:
Radio Communications (including an ARRL special event station)
Charity fund raising discussion panel
Gourmet Campfire Cooking
Self Defense Techniques
Primitive Fire Building
Intro to Ammunition Hand Reloading
Plant Identification Basics
Blade Sharpening
First Aid
Soap making
Astronomy - Night Navigation
A GeoCaching Course
Compass/Map Orienteering Course
and more...

There will also be survival themed games throughout the weekend and prizes to win so bring your brains with you.
None of the activities are required to attend. This is a nice sized property so there is plenty of room for hiking, swimming, fishing and testing out all that survival gear you've been talking about on the Internet.
We will also have a generator available at night if you need to charge batteries or run any other small electrical equipment for a short time.

Where will it be held?
The gathering will be located on private land in Irondale, MO (about 1.5 hours southwest of St. Louis). A map and detailed directions to the location will be provided. Since this is private land we don't want to advertise it all over the Internet so it will be provided upon registrations. Please email us at camp@zombiehunters.org if you have any questions.
If you will need transportation from St. Louis or from the airport/bus station please contact us ahead of time and ar rangements can be made.

How do I sign up?
ZOMBIE CON 2016 REGISTRATION- https://www.zombiehunters.org/store/ind ... ucts_id=43

Other details to note:
Firearms - We will be having a field trip to a local shooting range but if you plan to bring any firearms they must be locked up at ALL TIMES while on the property. You can lock them in your car or there is a cabin on the property. The shooting range will have a pistol/rifle range with 25 and 50 yards, a rifle range at 100 yards and a trap shooting range. Zombie Squad will be supplying the clays for the trap but you'll need to bring your own ammo.

Alcohol - ZCON is a 21 and over event, sorry no exceptions. If you drink, we ask that you drink responsibly. After 5 days in the woods we'll be pretty tired so don't force us to haul your body back to civilization. Don't be a dumbass.

Drugs - For liability reasons, we will not be able to supply any form of medication, including anything as minor as aspirin, so be sure to bring your own.

Glass Bottles - Please do NOT bring glass bottles to the camp site. We do not want to risk broken glass on the trails or in the creek. Cans and plastic bottles are fine. Put your fancy single malt scotch in a flask or something. Be kind to the property.

Again, if you need any more specific information about the event before you register please contact us at: camp@zombiehunters.org

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:00 pm 

I was going back and forth about going this year, especially when my wife said we owed $4,500 in taxes. But since we're not going to tax jail, I just registered. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:01 pm 
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Hey all, TODAY is the last day to register for ZCON 2016! Don't be THAT guy/gal! https://www.zombiehunters.org/?q=zombiecon2016

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:03 pm 

Fun was had.

Blades were thrown.

Social norms were ignored.

We shared in the riddle of steel. This we trust.

We shared spirits around the fire.

Until the next ZCon..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:14 am 
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

I could not have put it better myself, JTNieman.

Here's what I put on FB regarding this year's ZombieCon. There are a lot of references yinz might not get, but it'll give you my impressions.

Top 10 things about ZombieCon 2016, which I propose be called "The Year of Sweaty Hell:"

#10, and only #10 because this list only goes up to ten, not a billion, Maloort (sp?), that awful swill that Steph likes. Many people described it in many ways, but "diesel and ass" seemed the closest to me. Steph was proud that I was gracious about trying it and expressing my lack of enthusiasm for it without cursing. For those unfamiliar, Maloort comes from "mal-", French for "bad," and "-oort," which is a cloud of rocks on the edge of the solar system. It is reasonable to assume that it is made from alien spores that fell to Earth from the Oort cloud and were then fermented.

9. Seeing Braxton in negligee. That which has been seen cannot be unseen. Yikes.

8. Braxton helping me with my trigger finger issue that was causing me to shoot left. He watched me dry-shoot once and immediately, correctly diagnosed the problem.

7. The little old lady at the canoe rental place. She was a trip, or on one, or something. And for those on the bus with her...that which has been heard cannot be unheard. Yikes.

6. The rope climb on the float trip. In the Senior Division, I took first place (though it should be noted, I competed alone in that division). Dang that top knot, though.

5. Sitting by the fire with Stephanie, Braxton, and Kyle on Saturday night. I got a chance to reminisce about the 70s and the original Star Wars, D&D, and Rocky Horror.

4. The Z-Olympics. It was well-received, and everyone seemed to have fun throwing the knives, tomahawks, stars, and spears. I had a looooong time to think on the 11-hour drive from STL to PGH, and have already got plans for next year. Start practicing with your favorite hand-thrown weapon...

3. That first plunge into Manbath on Wednesday afternoon after hauling everything up that Big Damn Hill and setting up camp. Did I mention it was hot?

2. Christian and Mikey's seminar on blacksmithing. It was absolutely awesome. Now I have another new hobby I want to pursue...and actually time to do it...

1. Seeing all of my wonderful Zombie Squad friends again. Yinz guys rock.

And yinz guys do rock. Thanks for making Z-Con 2016 awesome.

Towanda wrote:
When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:36 am 

Hi I am new and excited to be here and am looking forward to being here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm 

Williamunmal wrote:

Hi, and welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm 

Williamunmal wrote:

click on the "Board Index" and go to "introductions" post a quick hello in there and the welcome wagon will be there to say, "Hi!"