It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:37 am 

So back during an 005 camp out one of the member's had left their Baofeng 5R on and a bunch of us heard the radio emit a rather odd message. It kept repeating the message "Little brown tits" All of us who were awake around the camp fire heard it, it was quite clearly what it was saying. Upon telling the owner the next day, he had been asleep when we heard the message, he was not convinced. Assuming the message was some sort of accented "low battery" or other just misunderstood message.

After going home I tried looking up this message online but didn't get any results that actually pertained to the Baofeng radio. You can likely imagine the results of such a search.

The next 005 camp out, the message was heard again. This time the owner actually was present and confirmed that indeed his Baofeng 5R was saying "little brown tits" He had mentioned he was going to ask on the forum about this, but hasn't yet. So I figured I would since I am still curious about this odd message.

Since there is plenty of Baofeng owners on the forum, I wonder if anyone else has heard this odd message. Is it just this one radio, or has this been heard on others?

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:43 am 

Well, I know what I am going to do when I get home - turn mine on and wait...

I have been teaching some of my students about radio and that's not a phrase I would welcome at those times when using the BF...

I'll report if I hear something...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:30 am 

Thanks, this is one of those odd things that make you wonder. Especially since I haven't seen anyone else report such a message. As long as the 5Rs have been around, you would thing if the message was standard someone else would have mentioned it by now.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:49 am 

I am not sure about this one. I have a Baofeng UV5R and I will occasionally say to myself "What did it just say to me?" because I have a hard time understanding cyborgs. Mine hasn't said anything like this yet, but I will try to reproduce it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 pm 

Hi, I have had a similar message mine is "little gold tits" repeated. At first I thought it was a repeated tx, thought I stumbled on to a conspiracy☺ until I realized there was no RX backlight. I have a different model radio that I think has a different message. Little gold tits is from a UV-5RV2+. I also have a GT-3TP I will use it till it gives a message and report back.

BTW, mine sounds like a young man, maybe between 18 and 30 years old if I had to guess. My point is it is not the female menu voice.

Thanks

John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:17 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thread necro!
After some time we were able to reproduce the message. When we were drinking late at night it was "little brown tits", but come the morning with clearer heads it was "low voltage". We tried it in multiple radios at night and in the morning with the same results.
Thanks for reminding me about this tread Xerravon.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 pm 

Hi, I just looked at the date of the last post☺. I just had this message for the first time a couple weeks ago and have heard it probably 7 times at least, no drinking involved. My mom has recently become crippled so I started using the baofeg to monitor for her family band walkie talkie because its rechargabe, and they are pretty loud so it wakes me up if she needs help. So I've run the batt down often. IDK if makes a difference but bank A (top) is set on 462.712mhz and B is 467.562mhz. Yeah, I am 99% sure it says "little gold tits"on mine. Maybe I will try to record it and post on YouTube then link here.

John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 pm 

Hmm, so the radio seems to know when you were drinking or not.

When I heard it at the 005 camp outs I was sober though. So It isn't just alcohol induced mis hearing. Odd that there is another similar message with gold instead of brown. I think the baofeng programers are messing with us and slipping in weird messages.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 am 

ineffableone wrote:
I think the baofeng programers are messing with us and slipping in weird messages.

it is possible that some engineer slipped something odd into a peace of equipment. I know that the old LP 9 defibrillators would show Woodstock flying across the screen if you held down the right combination of buttons when you powered it up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:56 pm 

Here's a video of the alert. I guess I could hear "low voltage"if I try. but it sounds too much like little gold tits here in person. Everyone I have had listen agrees. https://youtu.be/TIBcAhrIQr0

I'm going to record if from the other radio with better can next time