ZS QSO party?

Topics on Radio (CB, GMRS, Ham, etc), GPS, Smoke Signals, or whatever else you can use to talk to other people who are not within yelling distance.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Purple_Mutant
ZS Member
ZS Member

ZS QSO party?

Post by Purple_Mutant » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:23 pm

There are a number of members of ZS who are hams. I would love to be able to talk to some of you on the air. Maybe we should do a ZS QSO party. We should pick a weekend for people to hop on HF and call "CQ Zombie Squad". It would be cool if we made that a regular event. Perhaps it could coincide with zedcon. For those who can't attend the con in person we could at least attend via RF :D It would also be nice if we had some ZS calling frequencies. Anyone have any suggestions?
Apathy wrote:We are a bunch of adults who own too many guns and actively prepare for the zombie apocalypse. There is something wrong with each and every one of us.
Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

KYZHunters

Re: ZS QSO party?

Post by KYZHunters » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:19 am

PM,

I like this idea but don't have high hopes. My CQ Field Day post was read 307 times and I didn't even get a 'screw you' back as a reply.

I like the idea of linking it to ZCON next year.
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

mystic_1
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by mystic_1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:48 pm

I am not yet a licensed HAM but this does sound like something fun to coordinate with Zcon.

I will point out that the Zcon base camp is in a valley and radio activities are usually held at the top of the mountain which is a non-trivial hike. So, you'll want to have well-coordinated check-in times to ensure that someone is at the top of the hill and listening when you try to call in.

mystic_1
Image Image Image

ZS Chapter Volunteer
● Want to start a ZS chapter? ● Want to find other ZS members near you? ● Want to make your chapter more successful?
Email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

See also: ● ZS Event CalendarZS Wiki

Purple_Mutant
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Purple_Mutant » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:17 pm

mystic_1 wrote:I am not yet a licensed HAM but this does sound like something fun to coordinate with Zcon.

I will point out that the Zcon base camp is in a valley and radio activities are usually held at the top of the mountain which is a non-trivial hike. So, you'll want to have well-coordinated check-in times to ensure that someone is at the top of the hill and listening when you try to call in.

mystic_1
Yea it would be good to know when people at Zcon are going to be playing radio. It would also be nice to know what bands/frequencies and modes they will be doing. Regardless, I just want to talk to other ZSers on the air. A QSO party would be convenient just because it would be on a specific date. If we could do something monthly or even weekly that would be sweet. I have offered to be net control for a ZS net. First we there would need to be enough interest to justify a net and second I would HQ's permission to do it as an official ZS net.
Apathy wrote:We are a bunch of adults who own too many guns and actively prepare for the zombie apocalypse. There is something wrong with each and every one of us.
Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

Return to “Communications”