It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 pm 

I'm new here but just "finished" my weight loss goal. I started out at 280 and have been 180 for about six months.

I started trying to lose weight last September for the first time in my life after joining the local fire department and finding that doing that was hard when you were fat...

I hit my goal weight in June of this year... so it took me about 9 months to lose it... now people don't recognize me... and new people I have meet think I have always been in shape...

I used myfitnesspal.com to track my food and stepped up my workouts... but really it was tracking my food... you really have no idea how much you eat until you do...

Here are some pics
before and during

after

buffcleb
http://youtube.com/buffcleb
http://www.bethnchris.com

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:18 pm 

Can I join now?
If so
Name: Trident
Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5' 6"
Sex: female
Goal: 180 lbs by March 2014
stop smoking cigs by March 2014
reduce beer/booze significantly
Goal: 170 by May 2014
Goal: 160 by July 2014
Goal: 150 by Sept 2014
Goal: 140 by November 2014
Goal: 130 by Jan 1st, 2014
Current smoking level: 5 - 10 cigs a day
BP: 130/110
Blood sugar: normal
Cholesterol: excellent
Diet: Erratic eating habits due to long commute and stressful job. Skip lunch most days. Heavy dinner meal cooked by hubby. Hope to eat by 6 pm on new plan.
Exercise: Minimal, plan on doing the burpee and P90. And walk the track at school after work.
Reason: I am facing some serious health issues ie. high blood pressure and post menopause weight gain and a cancer scare. I have gone through significant stress related issues at my job and hope to take early retirement in Sept. I need to get my health in order before I lose my health insurance and I don't want to be one of those folks who kicked the bucket a month after they retire. Can't afford to retire, but if I stay in my present profession the stress will get me. So...I am hoping to use this thread as a personal accountability tool.
I appreciate all the links and advice as well as the personal testimonies of both the successes and challenges to keep on keeping on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 pm 

At 174 and walking daily.
Got some medical issues taken care of.
Blood pressure now at 117 over 90. :clap:
No progress on stopping smoking.
But working on that. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Trident wrote:
At 174 and walking daily.
Got some medical issues taken care of.
Blood pressure now at 117 over 90. :clap:
No progress on stopping smoking.
But working on that. :)

Keep up the good work!! :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 pm 

263 as of this morning. Been sitting at 265-270 for a while now so I've definitely plateaued.

Still hitting the gym 3-5 times a week and trying to get in something active every weekend. Easier said than done as a single parent of two small kids in the middle of winter around here but I'm working on it.

Signed up to do Tough Mudder in June. Should be fun ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:27 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

OK, I'm finally in. I've needed to do this for a while, especially since I had a heart attack at age 39, about a year and a half ago. It was very inconvenient and I had to cancel a ZS camping trip, so I don't want to do that again. I've got the exercise piece reliably in place now, but the diet piece, ah, not so much.

duodecima
age 40, female
current wt - 178
goal - 150
time by 10/19/14

I've chosen to plan a slower weight loss, because maintenance is a bigger concern for me, I know I can loose this weight because I've done it before. I need to effing keep it off this time. I'm using a tracking program (Loose It, kind of like MyFitnessPal) and so far it's helped me curb my eating, just by keeping track.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

duodecima wrote:
OK, I'm finally in. I've needed to do this for a while, especially since I had a heart attack at age 39, about a year and a half ago. It was very inconvenient and I had to cancel a ZS camping trip, so I don't want to do that again. I've got the exercise piece reliably in place now, but the diet piece, ah, not so much.

duodecima
age 40, female
current wt - 178
goal - 150
time by 10/19/14

I've chosen to plan a slower weight loss, because maintenance is a bigger concern for me, I know I can loose this weight because I've done it before. I need to effing keep it off this time. I'm using a tracking program (Loose It, kind of like MyFitnessPal) and so far it's helped me curb my eating, just by keeping track.

I missed this thread but am down 25 pounds last year. The dieting is hard, but I find that if you can accomplish it, your body adjusts to less food (somewhat. I mean you gonna be a little hungry. It's just the way of things). But….the great part is that when you get to your goal weight and can start slipping a few hundred extra calories back in for maintenance, you feel fine and don't get hungry, because you spent so much time at the lower set point. Alternately, if you pack on 5 pounds or so, you learn to nip that shit in the bud quick because dieting isn't fun and you don't want to be doing any more of it than you have to.

Also, getting on a good workout routine gives you a few more calories to work with once you've lost the weight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:52 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Vicarious_Lee wrote:
Also, getting on a good workout routine gives you a few more calories to work with once you've lost the weight.

Amen brother! I've backslipped from my workout routine of last summer and early fall, but, unlike previous backslips I'm still working out, just not as intensely and a little less often. I'm intending to work back up on that as well, but one step at a time...

ETA - 8 weeks in, 12 lb down, and boy oh boy is Lee right about exercise and calories! It is so much easier to stay within my calorie "budget" when I've had a good workout that day, as opposed to a day off or just some walking. Also makes me feel happy about Rule #1.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:29 am 

Any chance of a newb joining in on this?
If so
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Current weight: 198lb (90kg)
Goal weight: 176lb (80kg)
Estimated time of completion: November 2014

Notes: although I want to lose a lot of body fat, I also want to increase my muscle weight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 pm 

Secureandprotect wrote:
Any chance of a newb joining in on this?
If so
Height: 5ft 10 inches
Current weight: 198lb (90kg)
Goal weight: 176lb (80kg)
Estimated time of completion: November 2014

Notes: although I want to lose a lot of body fat, I also want to increase my muscle weight.

I'm 5'9" and you current weight is already way past my goal weight. :awesome:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:25 pm 

i wish to include myself in this, even if i already started my training around the middle of November

here my stats :

-height : 6.1

-weight : at the beginning : 192 as for now : 184 (around 3 month now )

-circumference : need to be reconfirmed (will be updated soon )

-type of training : a dual training , working on both upper body and lower body, with 30 min of elliptic with a beat per min objective of 165 for 230 cal burn

-objective : for short term : loose around 2-3 inch for around 20 to 30 pound for the summer, at long term : around 5 to 6 inch for 50 to 60 pound to lose.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16