The Biggest ZS Loser- The Challenge!

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Re: The Biggest ZS Loser- The Challenge!

Post by Chantrea » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:44 am

As of yesterday, December 1 (I just weigh in once a week), I'm at 161. :)

And despite only losing 5 lbs this past month, I've dumped another size. I think that perhaps I lost more than that in fat and have been gaining muscle; been working hard towards that end and I see a visible difference in my shape even though the weight has not gone down as much.

I also saw my doc for the first time since this summer, and she was speechless, in a good way. :) My BP is awesome, heart rate is awesome, and it's so nice to get 'obese' officially OFF my chart!

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Name: 0122358

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 137 lbs

Goal: 110 lbs

Goal: My gaol is to get down to 110 pounds and attain a body fat percentage of 8 to 9 percent. Once i get to 110, start building muscle mass to get back up to 140 pounds.
Ive gotten down from 170 in janurary 2011until now and my gaol was/is to get down to 125 by the end of this year but thats 12 pounds in three weeks...not gunna happen.

BTW. You guys rock..
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

44Dave

Post by 44Dave » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm

31 lbs down, started C25K this week.

M14fan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Walking Dead

Post by M14fan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

5'11" Starting weight 385# as of 01/01/2012. Walking, mobile, healthcare provider. Goal weight is 245#. Plan is healthier food intake, move more. I'll Play! No pics yet (my camera has a weight limit) but maybe soon. I think proportions are more important than pounds so serial pics are a great guide.
"It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts. It's being willing.
I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing.
They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger...And I won't." John Wayne in 'The Shootist'

Gixxer1237

Post by Gixxer1237 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:00 pm

I am officially joinging this.
30 years old
Male
300lbs(guess, no scale)
6'1"
44" waist

Goal, 260 by my birthday(June) and not to have to get cloths from the big and tall store. I wear a 3xlt...

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Post by Chantrea » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:50 pm

As of today, January 8th, 153! Just 12 more pounds until I am in the "healthy range" for my BMI. It is still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that in March of 2011 I weighed 232. Maybe someday I'll have the bravery to post a before-and-after photo.

Still, maintenance is just around the corner, and I am starting to prep mentally NOW for the fact that it's going to be harder than losing. This time the losing has been pretty easy (esp. since I did not do some crazy diet or go all out for exercising, it's been a step by step thing). I know that a lot of things work against you keeping it off.

It's been helpful to see that just because I am no longer obese, my life did not change overnight; people do not like me more, I'm not more popular, I'm not suddenly beautiful or charming, I still have the same problems I did before (dealing with people, being a parent, being a wife, dealing with the world in general).

But my blood pressure is excellent, my blood sugar is excellent, I'm no longer "pre-diabetic", my cholesterol is excellent, I no longer wake up at night choking in pain from anxiety and GERD, I don't get winded walking half a mile, when I'm running around my kids' classrooms I don't have to walk sideways between the desks lest I slam some poor kid to the floor accidentally bumping them with my ass...

And when updating my silly facebook photo album at the end of the year, putting up the Christmas 2011 photo and then automatically flipping to the New Years Day 2011 photo with the family left me speechless.

If I can do it, anyone can. Always here for private PM support to any ZSer who needs/wants it. :)

Gixxer1237

Post by Gixxer1237 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:50 am

Sooo, I got weighed today at a Job Fit physical and I am 341#. My blood presure is ok, heart rate is fine, every thing checks out good. The male nurse was a big ol' boy to, and he said I need to loose 100# for my muscle build. So my goal is 40# by june and all 100 by the first on next year. I guess my weight estimate was a little off. But in my defense the nurse dude guessed my weight at 290.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks! down to 290

jwilson85
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie land

Post by jwilson85 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 pm

it hasnt been a fast process but ive dropped from 244 down to 181 in 7 months.. :D
With it or on it
http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BadIntel

The Biggest ZS Loser- The Challenge!

Post by BadIntel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Ok, I'm gonna jump in here with mine now.

Height: 5'8"
Starting weight: 190 (December 21st)
Current weight: 180

My goal right now is to drop another 15 before I turn 25 (end of May). My max weight for my height with the USMC (reserves) is 181, though I don't want to hover near that danger zone anymore. Also have a history of diabetes and high blood pressure in my family, so I want to fight those diseases as much as I can. I tried losing weight "for" the USMC (to not get in trouble) but that wasn't motivating enough, so I've decided to do it for myself, my health, and my wife. I started counting calories a few days before Christmas and dropped 10 pounds in about a month.

My plan is to continue the calorie control (it's not even that hard. Using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone to track it, and it's easy to stay under 1,470 calories/day if I eat right). Also signing up for a gym that my brother has been using tonight, so hope to burn these next 10-15 pretty quickly (though I'll be happy to stay around 170-175 if it's muscle weight I gain :P )
ZSC:015 Chapter President
USMC Reserve Sergeant
>5 years in security/loss prevention

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!" ~Chesty Puller, USMC

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 pm

It is really awesome to see how well you are all doing. Keep up the good work! :D

As for me, I actually got down to about 210lbs but I felt like I looked too thin so I decided to bulk up a bit and I am happy to report that I have put on a lot more muscle and am up to about 218lbs(and growing). I still have some issues with saggy skin on my stomach, triceps, and upper thighs but it is getting better slowly though I can't really complain since I spent so much time being so overweight and I lost weight at a much higher rate then most doctors recommend. But I am happy to report that I can now fit into a size Large shirt(its an athletic fit but a fit none the less) which is pretty awesome considering the fact that I was in a 5XL shirt when I started all this in April 2010, though I still need Tall shirts since I am 6'4 and usually wear a size or two larger shirt do to CCW.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Ruppism
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, the walking dead

Post by Ruppism » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:24 am

Name: Rupp
Height:6,2
Weight 260ish

goal 220ish

My goal is to get down to 220ish in a year the reason is for military enlistment the army wont take me till i drop the weight. my plan is to go live in the woods, the idea is that i will have to work for my food.
slow is smooth, smooth is fast
when unsure what to do, do the most violent thing possible

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Ruppism wrote:My goal is to get down to 220ish in a year the reason is for military enlistment the army wont take me till i drop the weight. my plan is to go live in the woods, the idea is that i will have to work for my food.
Or you may BECOME food.

You have a noble goal but unless you have well developed survival skills you may need to get a better plan together. Have you first tried eating better and excercise?
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

SIX20

Post by SIX20 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:21 pm

IN.
Height: 6'4"
Starting weight: 213 (1/1/12)
Current weight: 204

My goal is to get down to 190, been doing a carb cycling style diet. I basically just keep my carb intake to a minimum 6 days a week. Focusing on high lean protein and moderate fats. On sundays I refuel my depleted carb sources to keep my body from being in a ketosis state for to long. (and to keep me sane). I've also cut out alcohol since the 1st. Which is hard considering I'm a bartender, that's encouraged to drink with my guests. So far so good! I have not started any workouts as of yet waiting to get a month of dieting in and plan on starting Feb 1st with a exercise plan.

STAR-TAC

Post by STAR-TAC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Just wanted to say to everyone working hard to loose the weight, keep it up, you can do it. :) I've seen this thread a million times, i just wanted to say how happy I am that you guys are working hard on this to meet your goals. And congrats to anyone that has.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:37 pm

275 as of right now......been running at least 2 miles a day, and BLET class starts monday! Everybody keep me in your thoughts....

gabe
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by gabe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Might as well jump in on this, to keep me honest.

6'3", 245
Well muscled, but nearly all my bodyfat resides in my gut and love handles, which are out of control. My main goal is more to lose inches than weight, but I know they're somewhat mutually exclusive. I'd like to keep as much muscle as possible. Basically I've been kinda-sorta consistent with strongman/powerlifting type training, but have lacked on cardio because I didn't need to, working behind a desk in a schoolhouse cubicle. Now I have orders to Pendleton to resume my real job, and I need to get lean and fast. Right now my waist is approx 44". I need to get it down to 36", which is entirely doable for me. Weight should be down around 220 or so when I get there.

Heartless51
Favorite Zombie Movies: The first 100 days

Post by Heartless51 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:20 am

I'm just looking to get back close to the shape I was in in the Corps. To that end me and a few other guys are entering in the Tough Mudder event in Poplar Bluff Missouri in Oct. Has anyone had any experience with this, it looks to be as brutal as you want it to be. Also I've dropped about 10 Lbs in the last month now I'm at 190 and I Managed to finish a 5.8 mile run in 58 min so I'm pretty happy with my progress.

GiffinTheMad

Post by GiffinTheMad » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Height: 6'7"
Weight 350 pounds 3/18/12
Goal: 250-275 Pounds

I have grown tiered of seeing my gut in the mirror. I hope to reach the higher end of my goal range around December. I am working out with my friend so he should help with the motivation issue.
Nothing is impossible, only improbable.

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by goofygurl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Can I jump in here?

Height: 5'3"
Current weight: Confidential info..
Goal Weight: 137lbs

I'm down 6lbs in 1.5 weeks so far.

Jimbo87

Post by Jimbo87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm getting in on this, now, because my weight is starting to depress me. Seems like I just can't find the motivation to get offa my ass, even though I've had chest pain that concerns me.

Height: 6'5"
Weight: ~350
BMI: 44% last time I checked

No past medical history, no allergies. Just tired of being overweight and extremely out of shape. Looking forward to finding some support which I can't even seem to find from my own family as they are also overweight (excluding my wife, who always supports me, moreso in this endeavor).

Starr
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead 3, Hard Rock Zombies

Post by Starr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 am

Ok, I've decided to jump in here because I'm in serious need of support.

Weight 267 pounds 4/12/12
Goal: 180 Pounds

I have several health issues (PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes, Asthma) that are currently under control for the most part but I would like to be rid of them. I would also like to be in better shape so that I don’t feel like a burden to my family and friends and so that I can feel good about the way I look.

I’ve recently joined a site called SparkPeople (http://www.sparkpeople.com) where I can track my exercise, nutrition, weight and glucose monitoring. Keeping track of what I eat and how much I exercise, etc., has definitely made me take accountability for these things. It’s a slow process but I’m working on it.

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Chantrea » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Update as of this morning:

Starting Weight (March 2011) : 232
This morning (April 26th 2012): 142.3

My goal last year was to get to 135, but I am re-evaluating that. I think I may choose a goal "range". I don't want to go higher than 140, but I think I would be satisfied to be in the 135-140 range, and my doctor agrees. One of these days I might post a before and after pic, not sure if I'm ready for that though because I don't like mean people/comments. ;)

Tater Raider

Post by Tater Raider » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Chantrea wrote:One of these days I might post a before and after pic, not sure if I'm ready for that though because I don't like mean people/comments. ;)
I'm sympathetic to that. :)

Starting weight (May 2011): 256 lbs/126.1kg/18st 4lb
Current: 229 lbs/104 kg/16st 5 lb
Goal: 170 lbs/77.1 kg/12st 2 lb
Height: 5' 7"

It didn't go on all at once and it's coming off slowly as well. Lifestyle changes are making a difference, just taking some time and I'm more than fine with that provided it keeps moving in the right direction. :)

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”