The Biggest ZS Loser- The Challenge!

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm down to 193 and I'm pretty happy with that. I'm just going to on a strict workout regimen now and build some definition.

NecroNikolai13

Re: The Biggest ZS Loser- The Challenge!

Post by NecroNikolai13 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Nikolai

Current Weight: 290lbs

Height: 6'0-6'1 (seems to change every time I go to the doc's)

Target Weight: 180lbs

Story: I had to get sedated for a lot of dental work (horribly sensitive gag reflex, the dentist is a nightmare for me) and while I was under, I had a fast heart rate which made everyone a bit worried. Have had some tests done, everything shows my heart to be as healthy as anyone for my age. My doctor said she was more concerned about my weight and the fact that both sides of the family have a long history of heart disease and diabetes. Decided it was time to get serious about losing weight and eating healthier instead of half assing it like I did the first year of high school.

So far I've cut out pop almost entirely from my diet, only having it with pizza or our once-a-week home cooked meal. I'm watching my calories, keeping track of how many I have each day. I've started walking at least a mile a day. My goal for right now is to get below 250 because that's the weight limit for our treadmill. If I can exercise while watching tv, I'll do it! And it should be easier to start jogging with less strain on my knees. :mrgreen:
Check out my reviews at http://cmcd13.hubpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:28 pm

A year ago I was 218 . For me that is straight up fat , I am not a big dude and typically weighed around 160-165 .

I had gotten married , quit smoking and stopped working a physical job . Started packing on pounds .

A year later , divorced smoking again and working a physical job again I am down to 170 . Not too shabby . :lol:

Seriously , I have to eat right because I am poor (my income was cut by 75%) and most of the loss has come from the fact that I bike everyday and I adds up to 60 to 100 miles a week depending on what I am doing .

Tried every kind of exercise under the sun over the years , and finally figured out that biking works for me .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 pm

This mornings weigh in: 231lbs.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

NecroNikolai13

Post by NecroNikolai13 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 am

This morning's weigh in: 285.6.
Check out my reviews at http://cmcd13.hubpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sarawolf

Post by sarawolf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:21 am

I just started 3 weeks ago come Tuesday and decided to check out this thread lol.
I don't know how good I will be about checking back in here, life tends to get in my way.

I am 4 ft 11 in. (been this height since I was 12 yrs old)
Started at 150 lbs. (some meds do horrible things like make you gain weight, I am off of them now.)
I am now 143 lbs

Sticking with it is one of my problems, we have so many birthdays and extra things that go on. (we have 10 children, grown but 7 live in the area)
Losing 2 lbs a week may be more then I can lose sometimes in a week, my body doesnt always cooperate with that and I know it. Now my hubby can lose 5 lbs in a week, which is what he did last week with out even trying. He works hard and forgets to eat, and hates to come in to do so in the middle of a project. Some how that just doesnt seem fair.
Our Homesteading blog http://sarawolf6.blogspot.com/

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 am

sarawolf wrote:I just started 3 weeks ago come Tuesday and decided to check out this thread lol.
I don't know how good I will be about checking back in here, life tends to get in my way.

I am 4 ft 11 in. (been this height since I was 12 yrs old)
Started at 150 lbs. (some meds do horrible things like make you gain weight, I am off of them now.)
I am now 143 lbs

Sticking with it is one of my problems, we have so many birthdays and extra things that go on. (we have 10 children, grown but 7 live in the area)
Losing 2 lbs a week may be more then I can lose sometimes in a week, my body doesnt always cooperate with that and I know it. Now my hubby can lose 5 lbs in a week, which is what he did last week with out even trying. He works hard and forgets to eat, and hates to come in to do so in the middle of a project. Some how that just doesnt seem fair.
Hi Sara guess what I'm 4'11" too and have lost 35lbs and would like to loose another 14lbs.
I've started running & follow a 1400 calorie/day diet & it's going slowly but steadily.
All I can do is keep on running & dieting & I'll get there :)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

sarawolf

Post by sarawolf » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

[quote="wee drop o' bush" Hi Sara guess what I'm 4'11" too and have lost 35lbs and would like to loose another 14lbs.
I've started running & follow a 1400 calorie/day diet & it's going slowly but steadily.
All I can do is keep on running & dieting & I'll get there :)[/quote][/quote]

Oh wow how wonderful, congrats to you, us short people have to stick together lol.
We have a lot of family that came over from Northern Ireland :) so Ireland has a soft spot in my heart.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am

Thankyou :)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:19 pm

188 At my weigh in this morning. Heading to the biking trails to see of I can sweat off another pound or two.

NecroNikolai13

Post by NecroNikolai13 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:04 pm

284.5 this morning. Really slacked off last week, just didn't have any energy most of time. :?

sarawolf

Post by sarawolf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:57 pm

Well still 143 I dint slack just stuck on a plateau I guess. Hope I don't stay here long.

sarawolf

Post by sarawolf » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 pm

Lost 2 pounds since I last posted, Sighhhhhhhhhhhh. Still plugging away.

Kevin108

Post by Kevin108 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm 5'10" and very muscular. Age and a long-term relationship are catching up with me though.
Goal: 220 lbs. Been there before in 2005. 200 lbs might be ideal but for my build, anything less would likely be too thin.

7-15-11 - 286 lbs.
Begin a high-protein diet with portion controls and 2-hour eating intervals.
8 am - 160 calories - 3/4 cup cup cereal with 1/2 cup 2% milk
10 am - 90 calorie - granola bar
12 pm - 290 calories - tuna kit, orange slices
2 pm - 90 calories - granola bar
5 pm - 100 calories - beef jerky
7 pm - 700 calories - reasonable dinner
9 pm - 90 calories - granola bar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1520 total calories on an average day
Switched to light beer, bumps me up to 2120 calories on Thirsty Thursday.

9-15-11 - 276 lbs

I'm currently nursing an ankle injury. I found out last week I'm too fat and old to jump off the top of a work van down to an asphalt parking lot. :gonk: Hoping to be more active next week. The bad news is the next 3 months: my birthday, my fiance's birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Clocked in this morning at 225lbs, (for those playing the home game, 227lbs was the 200lbs lost so far mark)
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

LtCmdLeia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by LtCmdLeia » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 am

Amazing Grifter! Well done!
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" ... Senator Padmé Amidala, Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

ImageImageImage

FiftySticks

Post by FiftySticks » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 am

Well, I am new to these boards, though I hope that soon I will at least be a veteran of this topic. I have left myself a note to remember to weigh myself tomorrow morning. I've heard that morning is the best time.

I am thinking that I'm about 290 right now and I'm 5'10". I've been told that I don't LOOK my weight. I'm solid. I am 31 though and I am starting to have sore knees and ankles at the end of the day. No good.

My wife and I just moved and we now have a 640 acre wooded park with 8 miles of trails behind our house. Time to strap on the walking shoes. I thought about trying jogging, but I think that the first time I tried it my legs would go down like the buildings you see in a controlled demolition. :D

Alright folks, more tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good about themselves!

-Mike
ZSC:023 "2 Peninsulas. 4 Great Lakes. 0 Zombies. You're Welcome."

FiftySticks

Post by FiftySticks » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:16 am

Alright, I know it wasn't "tomorrow" but I mentioned that I kept forgetting. I'm officially at 286.5. Time to start walking...

Updates to come.

zXzGrifterzXz

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Weighed in this morning at 217.8lbs, 4 more pounds to lose and I will have halved my body weight from my starting point. :)
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Post by Chantrea » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 am

Jumping in here, since I could use the extra motivation!

Starting weight (March 2011): 232 (morbidly obese)
June 2: 215
July 7: 204
August 4: 194
September 1: 182
October 6: 171
November 3: 166 *officially OVERWEIGHT not obese

I am 5'3", goal is 135.

I was walking 3 miles 3 times a week even at my heaviest known weight, and didn't have any major health problems; but I knew that wasn't going to last forever. I have always binged to relieve stress/not have to deal with life, it just never caught up to me majorly until after I had all my kids.

Now I do aerobic exercise 3 times a week (I love Zumba, but wouldn't expect it to be popular necessarily for the ZS crowd, I might be wrong about that though), and this month added in 2 semi-private sessions a week with a personal trainer, so I'm learning how to do real weights too, and how to work to exhaustion (in a safe way), which I will get to continue on my own once my sessions are done.

I joined WW for the celebrations and pats on the backs and rewards; but I kind of do my additional own thing in regards to eating (I do track though). 3 meals a day, nothing inbetween; I do have one protein rich snack on weight training days. I'll be training for a 5k starting in December (which should be fun, since I've always HATED running, my daughter wants to train together to run in a local event). After that I'm thinking of trying kickboxing, something I never would have dared to do while I was fatter.

I also got help/support for the binging, and haven't since May. I think that's what helped me lose the weight, and reduce the stress.

FiftySticks

Post by FiftySticks » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:18 am

Wow! Way to go! I am very interested to know what kind of help you got for the binging. If you aren't comfortable talking about it on the boards could you PM me? I am bi-polar and eating is pretty much the only way I deal with too much stress. I am also going to have to go Google "Zumba." :) Thank you for the motivation!

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:45 pm

First post here in this thread, been dieting since about august trying ot get ready for the police academy

Height---6'02
Strarting weight---340
just been eating better and swore of anything but water and the occasional beer (MGD 64 :( )

Current weight----308 lb

Target weight before class---275

Been playing exercise poker, during commercials, I'll cut a hand of cards and do that many pushups or sit ups....... stinks when you got face cards :lol:

sarawolf

Post by sarawolf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am

Well this seems like it is taking forever but I am down to 137, I would like to at least lose 13 more pounds.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:30 pm

304 this morning

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”