root veggie tops are recognized by very few people

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: root veggie tops are recognized by very few people

Post by yossarian » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:03 pm

longy wrote:use only little open spots in thickets, dont plant in rows or patterns, and your crop is most unlikey to be disturbed. above ground crops will be stolen from you before they even get ripe. Or you'll get sniped trying to access them.
That's a great idea. Unless your dealing with mole people. Then your screwed. You'll just watch helplessly as your carrots are pulled underground one by one, like an old Bugs Bunny cartoon.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Rabbits are murder on root crops around here. Planting in a field makes them easier to defend. Hiding them will hide the rabbits too.
"Big Thanks - I promise to advance your agenda within the secret and omnipotent councils of the Trilateral Commission"

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:40 pm

longy wrote:use only little open spots in thickets, dont plant in rows or patterns, and your crop is most unlikey to be disturbed. above ground crops will be stolen from you before they even get ripe. Or you'll get sniped trying to access them.
nearly all of my food preps (honey, grain, salt) are good forever. the legumes get consumed/rotated.I figure on starting with fresh jerky when shtf, :lol: :lol: :lol:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”