PittMoss

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Anianna

PittMoss

Post by Anianna » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:56 am

I don't know if you guys have heard of PittMoss, but it is an environmentally sustainable alternative to peat moss. The company got a big boost from the show Shark Tank some time ago, but the product has only available to nurseries and similar producers. I signed up ages ago for updates and just received an email announcing that the product is now available to the general consumer.

Directly from PittMoss

On Amazon

FYI, PittMoss Prime is the peat moss alternative. PittMoss Performance is a potting soil alternative made using their PittMoss Prime.
Feed science, not zombies!

Failure is the path of least persistence.

“People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We threw away things people kill each other for now.” ~Book of Eli

∩(=^_^=)

Stercutus

Re: PittMoss

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:46 pm

I dump a bag a year on my blueberries. I actually have peat moss on my property but it more cost effective to simply buy a $5 bag then to try and get it sorted.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”