Uses for old tires - Warning MANY pictures!

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Uses for old tires - Warning MANY pictures!

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm

I was over on the tire potato tower thread, and got to looking at uses for old tires.
Rather than hijack that thread, I figured I would just make a new one.
Other related (or not) uses for old tires...
ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image

Edit: My heavens - people are certainly creative!
Just Google " upcycle tires "
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Re: Uses for old tires - Warning MANY pictures!

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Large size here - http://blog.bazartextil.com/wp-content/ ... idades.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

ZombieGranny

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Pony tire swing instructions - http://davesgarden.com/files/Pony_Tire_Swing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:39 pm

That's freaking awesome!

Great post, thanks.

I now have a use for that old tire out back!
WWSD?

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm

http://www.instructables.com/id/Tire-Sa ... ed-footwe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also called Huaraches where I come from (SoAz) with leather uppers. Ho Chi Mihn sandals for those that remember that fracas and many other names as well.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

ZombieGranny

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:43 pm

How to make a pond from a truck or tractor tire.
-

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”