Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:03 am

Apparently I was very good this year. I was lucky enough to get a Lincoln 180 amp welder. This will be great for the projects I want to get done. Very very happy with Santa right now.

Also got a new dewalt 20v brushless drill. I have lots of the 20v batteries (perks of getting confinscated items). So now I can put the 20v harbor freight to treat (actually it’s a great little drill), and start using this.

Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and/or happy holidays! I hope to get up to the property this next weekend!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by teotwaki » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks for all of the updates and especially all of the pictures! This is way better than reading PAW fiction :clap:
Halfapint wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:58 am
Thanks 91Eunozs, I do try to cultivate relationships wherever I go. The neighbor across the street is great friends with my grandparents. So that helps once you get a foot in the door.

When I first started prepping I thought running to the woods and and living off the land would be my best bet. Coming here I’ve found that’s a stupid idea, now the best bet for survival is community. Having strong community and relationships to help rebuild at least our area short, mid, long term if need be.
Will add my kudos to the chorus. After working on that road you re graduating from neighbor to a community leader. Invaluable accomplishment, worth as much as or more than regular preps.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:45 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Thanks for all of the updates and especially all of the pictures! This is way better than reading PAW fiction :clap:
hahahahaha! That made me LOL. Glad you are enjoying it. I was talking with the GF last night and I told her we need to come up with a name for the property, so we can start a YT channel and document some of our stuff there in video. Nothing major, not looking to make money off it. Just another place we can document the stuff we are doing for friends and family. Now that I got this welder I'll be starting in on a converting our trailer to a dump trailer and getting the barrels for the trommel and such welded and cut.
teotwaki wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Will add my kudos to the chorus. After working on that road you re graduating from neighbor to a community leader. Invaluable accomplishment, worth as much as or more than regular preps.
I really hope not. I get voluntold at work all the time as the defacto leader of our group. Last thing i want is people to come to me for their squabbles over the road etc. Though..... I wouldn't mind fashioning myself into something like told in "The Unwelcome Sign" in our fiction section :D
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am

Happy new year everyone. Big things coming. I posted in the new year 2019 post that the biggest goal, prep wise, is moving onto the property. That is true. That’ll be the best thing as a prep I can do. The gf upon hearing about the earthquake in anchorage told me we need to be better prepared. I had shown her my plans and other preps then. So was shocked, a little mad, then releaived. I had never really told her. I wasn’t hiding it, so much as waiting to get her express interest.

Anywho. Moving on, she pointed out we had good freeze dried stores and good MRE stores, even dry for like beans, rice, lentils (she LOVES lentil soup). We also have decent stores of canned meat. But she said most things I have require something we have in abundance, but not stored.... water.

So she’s freaking out about water preps now. I couldn’t be more proud.

Well onto the property. Monday and Tuesday were spent on the property. Sunday we cleared more dirt and debris. It’s getting apparent we desperately need a box blade. I’ve been looking but everything is over priced or cheap (like $100 Chinese shit). We are getting down to practically the shovel into the bucket and dump method because we’ve cleared nearly everything. However without the box blade we won’t be able to truly level things. I want to have the ground nearly level before I have the trucks come in and dump/drag the gravel across the road.

Puttputt is being a pain. She starts, and runs, then won’t start again. We are in it for about 400$ which isn’t bad considering the motor is a beast (also neatly $600 new) once it’s running. I have conceded defeat and am going to bring it to a shop and ask them. They know me, I’ve had about 12 chainsaws worked on by them, and they are good, family owned, small business. It’ll probably cost me 100-200 bucks but still. Cheaper than new.

Well that’s it for my ramblings, I hope everyone has a great new year and my all your preper dreams come true!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am

Halfapint wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am

So she’s freaking out about water preps now. I couldn’t be more proud.
That's awesome!
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4008
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am
Halfapint wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am
So she’s freaking out about water preps now. I couldn’t be more proud.
That's awesome!
It's easy. Just build a couple of artesian wells, from different sources, w/a 10,000 Gal. underground cistern? :clownshoes:

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:06 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 pm
teotwaki wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 am
Halfapint wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:40 am
So she’s freaking out about water preps now. I couldn’t be more proud.
That's awesome!
It's easy. Just build a couple of artesian wells, from different sources, w/a 10,000 Gal. underground cistern? :clownshoes:
She has access to nearly unlimited bottled water. She only has to break the seal to be in compliance. These are 1.5l bottles that fit perfectly in to most standard crates. So this wont be an issue. Once we get moved onto the property food grade plastic 55gal drums can be had for about $15 per here. So picking up 2 wouldn't be a problem. Could even put them down stairs next to the 100g tank that is pumped directly from the pump. I'm going to look into purchasing a back up pump and figuring out if it is logistically possible for me to change it myself or if it's something I have to pay someone to do.

Well back up power is top priority for me this coming new year.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4008
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm really digging how you are working your land & living the dream we all have. :clap:

Right On! 8-)

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm
I'm really digging how you are working your land & living the dream we all have. :clap:

Right On! 8-)
Thank you my friend! I really am loving it! Even dedious stuff like clipping the ivy from the walk ways is enjoyable. So many plans for this year. I hope to be up there in a few months full time, quite excited! Time to start moving dirt and clearing land for projects!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:33 am

Had a major windstorm come through Saturday night. Winds hitting over 60mph, 500k people without power (some still are), toppling trees everywhere. Went to check making sure the garandparents were alright and that nothing was damaged (no down trees on the property just some branches). Went to check the roads and noticed trees across the other road, on a house, across several driveways.

Went and grabbed the tractor and cleared the trees off the road, saw one neighbor and asked if I could help clear the tree from his drive way. He was trying to get his chainsaw running. So we went to it. Cutting the tree up, and clearing the drive way, hour or so later it was clear. Another neighbor came down and was checking in on everyone when we noticed that another neighbor had a tree on his house. Went and talked with him and with two tractors we had it off his house and bucked up in no time!

The neighbor across the street came one and pointed out a tree on the power lines. We didn’t want to mess with it because we’ll, 50k volts doesn’t sound like fun. But we noticed it wasn’t arcing anymore and a volt meter shoes no power being grounded. We quickly used a dry rope t pull it away from the lines, and called for another neighbor to use his excavator to push it over.

All in all it was close to 15 hours with neighbors. Cutting clearing, talking and introducing everyone. It was a great time! Met 8 neighbors and hit it off with all of them. I spent some time clearing the road of branches with the tractor, and went home to pass out.

Next two days were spent bucking and splitting wood, and restacking a wood pile that collapsed, it’s much more solid now.

The pic of of a couple neighbors clearing a tree off the guys house. You’ll notice no damage. The only thing damaged was a dent in the gutter.

Image
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by teotwaki » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Maybe eyeball the trees on your property and cut down any that might be a future problem?

Nice tractor!
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:37 pm
Maybe eyeball the trees on your property and cut down any that might be a future problem?

Nice tractor!
There are about 4 that "could be" a problem. But even those it might only be the last 5' or so. They may ore may not come out depending on what we plan on doing with the upper area of the property. Good thinking! Here's the picture of the tractor when I first got her. I cant remember if I posted it or not.

Image
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by teotwaki » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Mmmmm, tractor porn...... :awesome:

You need one of these attachments!

Image
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm

If ivy wasn't terrible to burn, I would have one in a heartbeat!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Not much to update. Spent Sunday/Monday doing things I need to do. Tuesday we went I search of a grader scraper to test and see if it’s what we need to level and work the road to get it read. Found a place that rents them, it’ll cost 120 for a day. Think we’ll try it and see.

Next up we worked on puttputt. We really wanted to get to get it up and running, got it started, it was making pretty bad. Loaded it up in the truck and drove it to a small engine guy who said, 99% chance it’s a blown head gasket. He had one in stock and said 10bucks if it’s not bring it back and we’ll use that $10 for other repairs if need be. Had the engine torn apart and sure a rough, head gasket was toast. The cylinder was in pristine shape so no issues with that. Had it take apart and back together in about an hour. Easiest head gasket ever. By that time it was dark and couldn’t do anything else.

Image
Can you spot where the head gasket was blown?

I was going to post the video of it smoking but can’t get it to go from smugmug. Maybe I’ll upload the video to YouTube.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Last two days I spent working on projects, mostly trying to get ol puttputt running. When I put the head back together it was getting late and and I was rushing, like an idiot I didn’t adjust the valves properly. So it wouldn’t turn over. I spent most of yesterday trying to figure it out, got it fixed today. Also when working on equipment you plan on using for real work, don’t cheap out on amazon or eBay shit. I bought a magnito off amazon for $10 the heat from the engine weakened the plastic and it separated from the cable and fucked it all up. Bought some Ag tires for it these will hopefully get more traction going up the hill.

Today I found that last night or possibly the night before the top of a tree broke off and crashed down right where I would have stored a friends truck.

Also I found I really like chisel cut chainsaw blades. Bought a couple today and they absolutely rip through wood.

Just a couple photos of ol puttputt becoming a workhorse, I’m excited this will help a lot keeping the hours of the big tractor down. Running the trailer back and forth doing things I would have done with the big tractor that aren’t needed.
Image

Image

These photos are of the tree top and where it dropped.
Image

Image
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Hill Country, Texas

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 pm

“Like”

Nice job...
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:56 pm
“Like”

Nice job...
Thanks buddy!

Puttputt May be getting a name change, because every time I turn it offf it makes a comical “he he” sound. I cannot help but laugh every time. So it may get renamed Jackson, for obvious reason. But anyways her new kicks just came. A full week early! I love surprises!

Image

These are going to be way WAY better. She’s got lots of power but those turn saver tires are worthless on anyrhing that resembles a hill.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

JT42
*
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by JT42 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Excellent upgrade. Put some fluid in them or add some wheel weights (or better yet, do both) and it will be a beast.

Oh, hey, could you measure the height of the lugs on those tires? I didn't do that when I bought mine and now I'm curious how much I've worn them. Not that it's an issue -- there's plenty of tread left, but I'm curious. It won't be an exact comparison since mine are a different size (23x10.5, I think), but it will at least give me an idea. Thanks.

User avatar
91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Hill Country, Texas

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm
...Puttputt May be getting a name change, because every time I turn it offf it makes a comical “he he” sound. I cannot help but laugh every time. So it may get renamed Jackson, for obvious reason...
:lol:

Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:01 am

JT42 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 pm
Excellent upgrade. Put some fluid in them or add some wheel weights (or better yet, do both) and it will be a beast.

Oh, hey, could you measure the height of the lugs on those tires? I didn't do that when I bought mine and now I'm curious how much I've worn them. Not that it's an issue -- there's plenty of tread left, but I'm curious. It won't be an exact comparison since mine are a different size (23x10.5, I think), but it will at least give me an idea. Thanks.
Looks like just about 1” we’ll see how they go with just the tires at first, if it’s shit I may add some weights. I hav been looking into doing a pulley swap on it. Put a smaller pulley, on the engine side and give it a little more speed, will have to add a tentioner but I think it should help give it a bit more speed and power to go up the hill.

I did notice the going for hill with some weight behind it, it didn’t want to stop. Hopefully these tires help with that as well.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
Halfapint
* * * * *
Posts: 3806
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?
Location: Central Cascadia

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by Halfapint » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 am

Nothing to report this week. Send to Orlando for my 3 days off to meet the gfs grandpa. He’s not doing well and being 89, I wanted to meet him before he passed, glad I did.

Though I realized something. I feel guilty not working or being on the property every chance I get. There’s so much to do anytime I take a break I feel unaccomplished.

Got my bonus money, and think I’m going to buy a cheap wood chipper. After the windstorms we’ve had and all the limbs we’ve tossed and buried, I think chipping them then using that as mulch to cover over the ivy and eventually rotting might be a great investment. So I’m going to start researching chippers now.

The next thing we are buying is a utility trailer. Something that we can use to transport large beans (repairing tech supports), long 2x4’s (carport reinforcement), pallets of retaining wall materials, hauling the tractors, etc.

Sunday I get Jackson (puttputt) new tires put on, and take off the backhoe.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

User avatar
flybynight
* * * * *
Posts: 2456
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:30 am

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by flybynight » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 am
Nothing to report this week. Send to Orlando for my 3 days off to meet the gfs grandpa. He’s not doing well and being 89, I wanted to meet him before he passed, glad I did.

Though I realized something. I feel guilty not working or being on the property every chance I get. There’s so much to do anytime I take a break I feel unaccomplished.

Got my bonus money, and think I’m going to buy a cheap wood chipper. After the windstorms we’ve had and all the limbs we’ve tossed and buried, I think chipping them then using that as mulch to cover over the ivy and eventually rotting might be a great investment. So I’m going to start researching chippers now.

The next thing we are buying is a utility trailer. Something that we can use to transport large beans (repairing tech supports), long 2x4’s (carport reinforcement), pallets of retaining wall materials, hauling the tractors, etc.

Sunday I get Jackson (puttputt) new tires put on, and take off the backhoe.
Image
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

User avatar
91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:16 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Hill Country, Texas

Re: Halfapint's Getting Some Land

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 pm

flybynight wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:48 pm
Halfapint wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:34 am
Nothing to report this week. Send to Orlando for my 3 days off to meet the gfs grandpa. He’s not doing well and being 89, I wanted to meet him before he passed, glad I did.

Though I realized something. I feel guilty not working or being on the property every chance I get. There’s so much to do anytime I take a break I feel unaccomplished.

Got my bonus money, and think I’m going to buy a cheap wood chipper. After the windstorms we’ve had and all the limbs we’ve tossed and buried, I think chipping them then using that as mulch to cover over the ivy and eventually rotting might be a great investment. So I’m going to start researching chippers now.

The next thing we are buying is a utility trailer. Something that we can use to transport large beans (repairing tech supports), long 2x4’s (carport reinforcement), pallets of retaining wall materials, hauling the tractors, etc.

Sunday I get Jackson (puttputt) new tires put on, and take off the backhoe.
Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Post Reply

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”