Kentucky Head-count!

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

KYZHunters

Re: Kentucky Head-count!

Post by KYZHunters » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 am

Kelvar wrote:Would it be bad form if I brought a steak to grill but didn't bring enough for the rest of the class? :? :) I recently heard about a marinade that's supposed to be great...

If not, would I need to bring my own cooler for it? (Not a problem, if so).
Kelvar et al., anyone can bring whatever they want unless it will bring the BATFE, DHS, FBI, CIA or the KKK around.
See you all tomorrow.
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

Takaaco78

Post by Takaaco78 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:33 am

i will be bringing the Federal Bureau of Prisons, but they will not cause any problems :D
“When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else.” – Mark Twain

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:41 pm

My truck blew a seal today and fucked my weekend plans royally. I won't be able to make it. I still want to meet up with you guys and do something fun.

Anyone up for deer hunting next month?
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

riverjoe47
Favorite Zombie Movies: What ??

Post by riverjoe47 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Hope you have it in Louisville area sometime Im down there once every couple of months to visit son and his family . Indiana not really too far geographically or phillosophically .
Do not bathe if there is no water.
Chinese, Shan proverb

I never gave a damn about a man who could only spell a word one way .
Mark Twain

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:08 pm

darkaxel wrote:My truck blew a seal today and fucked my weekend plans royally. I won't be able to make it. I still want to meet up with you guys and do something fun.

Bummer, maybe next time.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Alright, I can't get there right at noon, because I've got some errands to run, but I'll get there as early as possible. I'll try to bring something interesting to shoot. :mrgreen:

My steak is marinading. :D
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 pm

darkaxel wrote:My truck blew a seal today and fucked my weekend plans royally. I won't be able to make it. I still want to meet up with you guys and do something fun.

Epic ballsuck. That's too bad, man. Hey, maybe your Plan B Meeting can be my introduction to hunting. We'll see.

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Is anyone bringing a Mosin out to play? :D

I want to bring mine, but I have no ammo for it. I was gonna drop my the gun store but they closed sooner than I expected to and they aren't open Sunday.

I was hoping someone would have their Mosin out and I could bum some rounds. :P I'll have cash, and you'll be reimbursed if I take some. Anyone gonna be representing their Mosin out there?

I just wanna know in advance so that I don't have to lug the gun case into the car.

KYZHunters

Re: Kentucky Head-count! Looks like three.

Post by KYZHunters » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Just wrapped up the first KY meet and great; Takaaco78 and Kelvar headed out not too long ago and we had a good time despite the low turnout. Shot some pistol, rifle and shotgun and had a nice dinner. Kelvar gave us a nice show and tell with the Saiga 12...very sweet.
It was good meeting both of you and I appreciate you making the effort. Kelvar suggested making the next event a little less aggressive; maybe meet for drinks, etc. in Lex.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 pm

It was nice meeting you guys, too! KYZHunters, thank you for hosting.

For those of you who didn't show, all I can say is:

Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Tribunal Power

Post by Tribunal Power » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:04 am

Well, do we have any idea what the turnout will be like for tomorrow? I just want to make sure I'm not driving an hour just to get told that no one showed and I should go home. :\ I know today was the main day, but is anyone staying over/ coming again tomorrow?

Sorry, I'm kinda paranoid about this sort of thing. I've been to several meet-ups from other sites, and so far NONE of them have involved actually meeting up as planned. I'm tired of making long drives back home with nothing but disappoint (lol) and want this to actually go over. ~_~

American_Infidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later of course

Post by American_Infidel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:05 am

Glad to hear there was a meet.
Welcome to Erf

KYZHunters

Post by KYZHunters » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 am

Tribunal Power wrote:Well, do we have any idea what the turnout will be like for tomorrow? I just want to make sure I'm not driving an hour just to get told that no one showed and I should go home. :\ I know today was the main day, but is anyone staying over/ coming again tomorrow?

Sorry, I'm kinda paranoid about this sort of thing. I've been to several meet-ups from other sites, and so far NONE of them have involved actually meeting up as planned. I'm tired of making long drives back home with nothing but disappoint (lol) and want this to actually go over. ~_~
Well, everyone went home last night so, I'd guess I'd say turn out for today is zero. Already pulled down the targets, etc.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:42 am

Glad to hear the meet went well. I will be there next time there's a meet-up.

And I'm serious about the hunting next month. I plan on heading out west a little ways for deer season (The hunting sucks here in Breathitt, Out west they offer bonus doe tags). If anyone wants to tag along, you're more than welcome to come!
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.

Browncoat

ZS Wiki

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 am

Looking for a area in N.E. Kentucky where can get some people together for a little Shooting,Camping,and maybe some Classes?
Any suggestions?
“By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
"Determine never to be idle.No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."Thomas Jefferson

Tribunal Power

Post by Tribunal Power » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 am

I don't have any location suggestions, but whatever you're planning I'll do my damnedest to get there. :P

WRKNMAN

Post by WRKNMAN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I would like to show up as well, keep us posted :D

Texas Rebel
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Texas Rebel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:18 am

I am new to the area and don't really know of any areas around here that would allow a bunch of us to show up with Firearms and Tents to hang out for the weekend.
I know down in Texas that the parks there don't allow Firearms and I am pretty sure the same applies here?
If anyone knows of a location where we could do this let me know.
KYZHunters had a get together that I missed :(
I would love to see a Chapter put together here.
“By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail.”Benjamin Franklin
"Determine never to be idle.No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any.It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."Thomas Jefferson

Tribunal Power

Post by Tribunal Power » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:19 am

Texas Rebel wrote:I am new to the area and don't really know of any areas around here that would allow a bunch of us to show up with Firearms and Tents to hang out for the weekend.
I know down in Texas that the parks there don't allow Firearms and I am pretty sure the same applies here?
Depends. We wouldn't be able to do a shoot at a park, but if we were just doing a meet-up that encourages openly carrying or something, that's allowed. KY parks do not have a weapons ban. Usually, it's only state parks that have bans, but in KY, we don't have that either. (IANAL!)

But for a shoot, I'd imagine we'd either have to camp on a designated range or very near to one.

DarkAxel

Post by DarkAxel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:30 am

Maybe somewhere around Morehead? The Daniel Boone National Forest has several ranges, see here:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/shooting.shtml

Clear Creek Range has a fee, but some of the others don't.

Browncoat

ZS Wiki

Return to “Meeting room”