Central Texas Mock Bug-out Planning

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am

Hey Glitch,

How are we doing the shelter thing? Individual tents or communal living? As you know, I am pretty light on camping equipment.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Glitch20
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:14 am

kids these days don't know what they are missing.
i never can understand some of the stuff on the radio now days.

(i am aware of the messed up logic in this post)

i have 2 tents i can lend out and as far as i know you and Spamity will be using them,
is there any thing else you would need to barrow?

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:21 am

Glitch20 wrote:kids these days don't know what they are missing.
i never can understand some of the stuff on the radio now days.

(i am aware of the messed up logic in this post)

i have 2 tents i can lend out and as far as i know you and Spamity will be using them,
is there any thing else you would need to barrow?
I plan on buying my pack and bed roll/pad from jester and possibly a sleeping bag....I think I am going to bring some MREs...just to relive old times....nothing says cooking like smushy MRE "Chicken a la King....aka Chicken a la fat Private"...
What kind of tent is it -- commercial or militaryish?

Do you have an E-tool (Entrenching tool)?

just as fast as I could!

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:28 am

they both are commercial tents one is a larger Coleman 3-4 person and the other is an off brand 2-3 person.

if you want i could bring some extra meals with me.
i plan to bring a sample i recently got sent from Wise that claims to feed 4.

do you have a canteen?
if you don't have a stove you are welcome to use mine, same for a water filter.

i do not have an E-tool but i think one of the other guys might.

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:39 am

Glitch20 wrote:they both are commercial tents one is a larger Coleman 3-4 person and the other is an off brand 2-3 person.

if you want i could bring some extra meals with me.
i plan to bring a sample i recently got sent from Wise that claims to feed 4.

do you have a canteen?
if you don't have a stove you are welcome to use mine, same for a water filter.

i do not have an E-tool but i think one of the other guys might.
Thanks for mentioning the canteen. I'll ask Jester about that too. I guess I didn't think about that because I usually just bring bottled water.... I would like to try different rations. I can bring a couple of extra MRE's if anybody wants a little taste of that "stuck in the suck experience".

I wasn't planning on drinking any of that fine filtered drinking water...but sure appreciate you offering... I will not try to abuse that privilege.

I think the E-tool is good for hammering tent stakes, digging drainage trenches, burrying tent flaps.....etc...digging a "doodie hole" for authenticity, but I will most likely just use the public restrooms.... :lol:

Anyhow, I am ready to try it all....

just as fast as I could!

Dubbya

Post by Dubbya » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:21 am

I've got the E Tool covered, and if you need a canteen...........We'll I could make a dontation. I have a nice surplus metal canteen and canteen cup. Comes with belt and some what insulated canteen pouch.

We'll have you looking Nam ready in no time.

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 am

Dubbya wrote:I've got the E Tool covered, and if you need a canteen...........We'll I could make a dontation. I have a nice surplus metal canteen and canteen cup. Comes with belt and some what insulated canteen pouch.

We'll have you looking Nam ready in no time.
Thanks, W. If Jester doesn't have the canteen, I will take you up on that offer. As for being Nam ready, that's was Dad's war. Me, I had an all expenses-paid trip to the Middle East. Now, I just want to take leisurely strolls in the Hill country listening to the Steve Miller Band on my ipod shuffle..... :)

just as fast as I could!

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 am

3fingas, i have a newer plastic canteen and a cup but no cover.
i also have some usgi utensils that you are more then welcome to have.

Ghostwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Any Zombie related movie

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out Planning

Post by Ghostwolf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Alright Ladies, I am in for the scout trip and maybe the bugout. I'll be happy to share what little knowledge I have with you guys. Glitch, please PM me the time you guys want to meet up. If Guadalupe Park doesn't fit the bill Pedernale Falls is a good alternative place, better if you ask me. Just an FYI. Guadalupe attracts all the dregs and gangbangers from San Antonio who want to go play on the river. This time of year it is packed with that sort.

P.S.
If anybody wants anything from our online store let me know. I can bring it with me and save you the shipping cost.
http://www.twowolvesoutdoor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep your knife sharp, trust your instincts, and howl often.

The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Ghostwolf wrote:Alright Ladies, I am in for the scout trip and maybe the bugout. I'll be happy to share what little knowledge I have with you guys. Glitch, please PM me the time you guys want to meet up. If Guadalupe Park doesn't fit the bill Pedernale Falls is a good alternative place, better if you ask me. Just an FYI. Guadalupe attracts all the dregs and gangbangers from San Antonio who want to go play on the river. This time of year it is packed with that sort.

P.S.
If anybody wants anything from our online store let me know. I can bring it with me and save you the shipping cost.
Outstanding! We were hoping that you would show up.

I just watched the official Pedernales video. It looks great for camping. We chose Guadelupe park because of its location being more central to both Austin and San Antonio.
Last edited by 3Fingas on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

just as fast as I could!

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 pm

3Fingas wrote:
Ghostwolf wrote:Alright Ladies, I am in for the scout trip and maybe the bugout. I'll be happy to share what little knowledge I have with you guys. Glitch, please PM me the time you guys want to meet up. If Guadalupe Park doesn't fit the bill Pedernale Falls is a good alternative place, better if you ask me. Just an FYI. Guadalupe attracts all the dregs and gangbangers from San Antonio who want to go play on the river. This time of year it is packed with that sort.

P.S.

I just watched the official Pedernales video. It looks great for camping. We chose Guadelupe park because of it location being more central to both Austin and San Antonio.
i completely over looked Pedernales, i have been there before and it would work a lot better for our needs.
in the event that Guadelupe wont work i suggest that we go for Pedernales.

Pedernales is about 1 hour away from each, for me it is 79mi for SA it is 66mi it is a great park to go to very secluded and quiet.

Dubbya

Post by Dubbya » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Glitch20 wrote:
3Fingas wrote:

P.S.

I just watched the official Pedernales video. It looks great for camping. We chose Guadelupe park because of it location being more central to both Austin and San Antonio.
i completely over looked Pedernales, i have been there before and it would work a lot better for our needs.
in the event that Guadelupe wont work i suggest that we go for Pedernales.

Pedernales is about 1 hour away from each, for me it is 79mi for SA it is 66mi it is a great park to go to very secluded and quiet.
Pedernales gets very busy too. However, I do like that park more.

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I just picked up a very nice od alice pack and frame and few odds and ends from Jester. Thanks, Jester.

just as fast as I could!

Ghostwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Any Zombie related movie

Post by Ghostwolf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Pedernales is very busy this time of year but if you hike back to the primitive area where there is no potable water or electricity it's not so much. Park at the trailhead close to the Headquarters and take Wolf MT.trail a couple of miles back. If you hike past the campsites there are some small cliffs to practice rappelling and rock climbing. There is a bio degradable toilet nearby, springfed creek close to camp also. Sorry for coming in late with this suggestion. Not trying to take over or offend anybody. I just need a little dirt time.
http://www.twowolvesoutdoor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep your knife sharp, trust your instincts, and howl often.

The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Ghostwolf wrote:Pedernales is very busy this time of year but if you hike back to the primitive area where there is no potable water or electricity it's not so much. Park at the trailhead close to the Headquarters and take Wolf MT.trail a couple of miles back. If you hike past the campsites there are some small cliffs to practice rappelling and rock climbing. There is a bio degradable toilet nearby, springfed creek close to camp also. Sorry for coming in late with this suggestion. Not trying to take over or offend anybody. I just need a little dirt time.
Ah hell, if you need some dirt time you should of said so.
with my recent "free time" i am always up for some dirt time, it helps take my mind off the "free time" dilemma and gives me a chance to use my gear and skills.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 pm

3Fingas wrote: Now, I just want to take leisurely strolls in the Hill country listening to the Steve Miller Band on my ipod shuffle..... :)
Steve Miller FTW!
And Led Zeppelin... Guns 'n Roses... Rolling Stones, Machinae Supremacy, Flogging Molly, Halestorm... I could just go on and on...
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Jester79

Post by Jester79 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:32 pm

3Fingas wrote:I just picked up a very nice od alice pack and frame and few odds and ends from Jester. Thanks, Jester.
You're welcome.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:52 pm

KentsOkay wrote:
3Fingas wrote: Now, I just want to take leisurely strolls in the Hill country listening to the Steve Miller Band on my ipod shuffle..... :)
Steve Miller FTW!
And Led Zeppelin... Guns 'n Roses... Rolling Stones, Machinae Supremacy, Flogging Molly, Halestorm... I could just go on and on...

i think i will stick to Mingus and the occasional InkSpots 8)

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Steve Miller FTW!
Hey Kent, I just replied to you in another bug-related topic. You sure like bugs don't you? :D

just as fast as I could!

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:10 am

Glitch20 wrote:3fingas, i have a newer plastic canteen and a cup but no cover.
i also have some usgi utensils that you are more then welcome to have.
Glitch, can I borrow or buy that aluminum canteen cup off you?

just as fast as I could!

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 am

sure,do you want the canteen(like new plastic 1 quart) too.
you are welcome to barrow it or if you want to buy it i could let it go for $6 or less if you ask nice :lol:

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:34 am

Glitch20 wrote:sure,do you want the canteen(like new plastic 1 quart) too.
you are welcome to barrow it or if you want to buy it i could let it go for $6 or less if you ask nice :lol:
I don't wanna be nice :twisted: :lol: ...thanks, I will likely take you up on the offer....Shouldn't you be sleeping or something? It's late -- go to bed. The only reason I am posting, is that I am working Eves tomorrow...so I can sleep in.

just as fast as I could!

Glitch20

Post by Glitch20 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 am

umm, the whole "free time" thing means can i stay up late and do stuff(like listen to Mingus).

3Fingas

Post by 3Fingas » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:18 am

Glitch20 wrote:umm, the whole "free time" thing means can i stay up late and do stuff(like listen to Mingus).
Sorry about all that free time you have had recently.....Just enjoy it while you can, you will be back at the grind soon enough....

just as fast as I could!

Return to “Meeting room”