Central Texas Mock Bug-out Planning

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Jester79
* *
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Midlothian, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Jester79 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Glitch - Thanks.. You had mentioned that you had a bunch of quik clot and stuff that you were selling, do you sell other stuff too? List?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Dubbya wrote:
3Fingas wrote:We're not looking for perfection. Perhaps, if you want to research the topic, you could present a class on what you have learned. We can work with your enthusiasm.
Judging from how you shoot, I already knew this. :P
Ok, then "near-perfection" is a doable target. And judging by how YOU shoot, you had better get to practicing instead of flappin' your gums.. :wink:
Last edited by 3Fingas on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Jester79 wrote:This thread is almost as cool as our last one. No dog shows though even though Dubbya tried to make the reference.

Fingas - I have a Medium ALICE pack and frame that I am looking to get rid of as well as a bunch of other gear if you are interested. I have found that you can only be in the acquisitions field for so long before you end up having way too much stuff that you can never use. One of these days I need to do a "For Sale" type thread and get rid of a bunch if it..

Yeah, I'm interested in the ALICE pack. PM me how much you want for it. I also need a sleeping back and bedroll/mat if you got them.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
Jester79
* *
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Midlothian, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Jester79 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Fingas - got that too. Sending PM
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

User avatar
phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 11424
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:18 pm
Location: central tx

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by phil_in_cs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Glitch20 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: The capital has been full of zombies for a hundred years.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Glitch20
* *
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy
Location: Liberty Hill, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Glitch20 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Jester79 wrote:Glitch - Thanks.. You had mentioned that you had a bunch of quik clot and stuff that you were selling, do you sell other stuff too? List?
ya i have a few other things for sale as well, here is a current for sale post FOR SALE

is there something you are looking for? if so i might have it if not i might know where to get it at a discount.

Glitch20
* *
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy
Location: Liberty Hill, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Glitch20 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
Glitch20 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: The capital has been full of zombies for a hundred years.

Well played sir. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
Glitch20 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: The capital has been full of zombies for a hundred years.
Washington D.C, Austin -- no matter zombies abound! :lol:
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:33 pm

I've been to Lockhart and Bastrop State Parks. Both decent, but of the two I feel Lockhart might be preferable.

I was kind of thinking zombie Stevie Ray Vaughn or something for an image...
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:32 pm

KentsOkay wrote:I've been to Lockhart and Bastrop State Parks. Both decent, but of the two I feel Lockhart might be preferable.

I was kind of thinking zombie Stevie Ray Vaughn or something for an image...
Yeah, I was looking at Lochart initially, but it seemed kind of small for our purposes. The Guadalupe Park appears to be 5 times the size of Lockhart and appeared to have more primitive camping sites. On the other hand Bastrop is 5 times larger than Guadalupe, but the location is not central to both Austin and San Antonio.

Having never been to any of these parks, why do you prefer Lochart over Bastrop?
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Lockhart is fairly low traffic, and has a decent meeting hall. It IS much smaller though, and in hindsight considering that primitive is good, it makes Bastrop seem much more ideal.
Bastrop also has a lake :D
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:03 pm

KentsOkay wrote:Lockhart is fairly low traffic, and has a decent meeting hall. It IS much smaller though, and in hindsight considering that primitive is good, it makes Bastrop seem much more ideal.
Bastrop also has a lake :D
Kind of leaning away from Bastrop because location is not central to both areas. Right now we're leaning towards Guadalupe Park because of location. Supposedly has more hill trails and more hiking than Lockhart.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Yeah I just looked it up. Definitely sounds like a good location.
Equestrian trails anyone? We can't hardly be proper cowboys without riding around and shooting shit on horseback :D
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Glitch20
* *
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy
Location: Liberty Hill, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Glitch20 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:22 pm

KentsOkay wrote:Yeah I just looked it up. Definitely sounds like a good location.
Equestrian trails anyone? We can't hardly be proper cowboys without riding around and shooting shit on horseback :D
ok, from the past few responses you have done your age is starting to show, i am going to guess you are around 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school.
anyhow, Lockhart is out of the question i'm not allowed back there, don't ask why.
Bastrop is a bit of a drive for everyone and from what i hear it is a very popular park and trying to get some seclusion is near impossible so it is pretty much out.
I have not been to Guadalupe yet bit i plan to make a day-trip out there some time in early august, to scout out the park and get some ideas for the bug-out.

and yes i am pissed off and drunk right now, my phone, my truck, and my laptop all took a crap today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:09 pm

Glitch20 wrote:[
ok, from the past few responses you have done your age is starting to show, i am going to guess you are around 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school.
...
and yes i am pissed off and drunk right now, my phone, my truck, and my laptop all took a crap today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If I recall correctly, I flat out said I was 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school :roll:

As for your lappy, bring it in to Geek Squad and we can set it straight :D
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Glitch20
* *
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy
Location: Liberty Hill, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Glitch20 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:16 pm

KentsOkay wrote:
If I recall correctly, I flat out said I was 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school :roll:

As for your lappy, bring it in to Geek Squad and we can set it straight :D
this i don't recall :oops: :oops:
what do you do at best buy?

User avatar
3Fingas
* * * * *
Posts: 1061
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:05 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by 3Fingas » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:03 am

PM, Glitch.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Image

Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

Glitch20 wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:
If I recall correctly, I flat out said I was 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school :roll:

As for your lappy, bring it in to Geek Squad and we can set it straight :D
this i don't recall :oops: :oops:
what do you do at best buy?
I THINK I said it someplace, mighta been on another thread and/or forum :lol: . As for Best Buy (in Pflugerville), I jump between Digital Life sales associate (These are the best earbuds ten dollars will buy, I garuntee it), customer service (sir, I really cant take back this blender sir. I understand that you saw it used to blend an iPhone. Oh you want to return your iPhone as well sir? I'm sorry sir it's been more than 30 days, you can contact the manufacturer if you would like sir. Sorry sir, nothing I can do about it sir. Yeah, you have a great day too sir.), and of course cashier (you are paying $250 in ONE DOLLAR BILLS?? GIRL DONT THEY AT LEAST CHANGE IT TO TENS OR SOMETHING FOR YOU??).
It's fun enough, and if it weren't for the damn looters it would be an awesome fortress against the undead.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Glitch20
* *
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:22 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead Trilogy
Location: Liberty Hill, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Glitch20 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:21 am

cool, next time i am in the market for some new headphones or something i will have to stop by.



So, for the scouting trip i was thinking of checking out the park 14th-15th i might even make a mini bug-out out of it, don't know yet.

User avatar
Jester79
* *
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Midlothian, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Jester79 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:07 am

Glitch20 wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:Yeah I just looked it up. Definitely sounds like a good location.
Equestrian trails anyone? We can't hardly be proper cowboys without riding around and shooting shit on horseback :D
ok, from the past few responses you have done your age is starting to show, i am going to guess you are around 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school.
anyhow, Lockhart is out of the question i'm not allowed back there, don't ask why.
Bastrop is a bit of a drive for everyone and from what i hear it is a very popular park and trying to get some seclusion is near impossible so it is pretty much out.
I have not been to Guadalupe yet bit i plan to make a day-trip out there some time in early august, to scout out the park and get some ideas for the bug-out.

and yes i am pissed off and drunk right now, my phone, my truck, and my laptop all took a crap today :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hey sounds like you have a country song in the works there.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

User avatar
Spamity Calamity
* * *
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Micheal Moore movies are pretty scary zombie movies.
Location: Hutto, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Spamity Calamity » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:44 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Glitch20 wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:
If I recall correctly, I flat out said I was 18-19 and probably still in or just out of high school :roll:

As for your lappy, bring it in to Geek Squad and we can set it straight :D
this i don't recall :oops: :oops:
what do you do at best buy?
I THINK I said it someplace, mighta been on another thread and/or forum :lol: . As for Best Buy (in Pflugerville), I jump between Digital Life sales associate (These are the best earbuds ten dollars will buy, I garuntee it), customer service (sir, I really cant take back this blender sir. I understand that you saw it used to blend an iPhone. Oh you want to return your iPhone as well sir? I'm sorry sir it's been more than 30 days, you can contact the manufacturer if you would like sir. Sorry sir, nothing I can do about it sir. Yeah, you have a great day too sir.), and of course cashier (you are paying $250 in ONE DOLLAR BILLS?? GIRL DONT THEY AT LEAST CHANGE IT TO TENS OR SOMETHING FOR YOU??).
It's fun enough, and if it weren't for the damn looters it would be an awesome fortress against the undead.

Ah yes...the vast wasteland of retail. Been there done that. I feel for ya.
Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by KentsOkay » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Spamity Calamity wrote: Ah yes...the vast wasteland of retail. Been there done that. I feel for ya.
Yea, I poked around in other places, working for BB is far superior to any place else. I'm sticking with it until I'm done with all my schoolin', or the apocalypse hits. Hopefully the former before the latter.

I have often ruminated on the excellence of my particular store for a fortress, but that one fatal flaw of sitting on a gold mine of high dollar consumer items always crops up.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

User avatar
Dubbya
* * *
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Dubbya » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:56 pm

KentsOkay wrote:
Spamity Calamity wrote: Ah yes...the vast wasteland of retail. Been there done that. I feel for ya.
Yea, I poked around in other places, working for BB is far superior to any place else. I'm sticking with it until I'm done with all my schoolin', or the apocalypse hits. Hopefully the former before the latter.

I have often ruminated on the excellence of my particular store for a fortress, but that one fatal flaw of sitting on a gold mine of high dollar consumer items always crops up.
IF and IF TSHIF only pure morons would be out jacking TV's and computers. So, do yourself a favor. Stay clear away from a BB. Let the idiots meet up in one convenient place :wink: You got some learning to do grasshoppa :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jester79
* *
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Midlothian, TX

Re: Central Texas Mock Bug-out

Post by Jester79 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I don't know. A BMF TV would have a happy home here. I guess it would be on a case by case basis. Most of the time though, it would be a place where village idiots and those who would be affiliated with Darwin would hang out.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne

Post Reply

Return to “Meeting room”