It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:51 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Hmm, haven't seen this thread until now.

I know a few guys interested in serious prepping, but they're few and far betweeen.
Would have been fun if us Scandinavians could meet up sometime though.
And it ain't easy getting ahold of the same stuff here as in the US, so maybe a discussion on "local" equipment would have been nice too...

Hey McNabux, I also shoot IPSC(plus NROF and a few more) You done any large matches the last years? Maybe we've met without knowing each other.

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:06 am 

I hear you on the equipment availability. Maybe we should compile a list of good vendors?

3. self-disciplined, abstemious, or ascetic
4. severely simple or plain an austere design
[from Old French austère, from Latin austērus sour, from Greek austēros astringent; related to Greek hauein to dry]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 pm 

Hi Makarov

Cool that you found the thread, thats what I would like, to get to know others from Norway and scandinavia that are into prepping.
But there are not a lot of norwegians into prepping, and we are spread out on this forum, the swedish forum and survivalist forum.
We should some how start a community so we can help and learn from each other

I am not a hardcore prepper, with a pile of food, and barrels of water in the bassement.
But I am realizing more and more the importance of beeing preppered.
I have started whit the small and everyday things and working my way up.

I have come into prepping from the gun and tactical side and I am a gearhead

I was at "Red apple" last year
I am serving in "HV innstatsstyrken" and woundering about joining the NROF, but I am not sure if I have the time and what it would give me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Hya McNabux!

Tar det på norsk tenker jeg:
Ikke så alt for mange som fusker i prepper faget her til lands nei, men jeg kjenner da noen(typisk .mil folk).
har bakgrunn fra speidern, før det ble HV-ungdom, forsvaret og så utenlandstjeneste. (Deretter var jeg lagfører Jegerlag i HV fram til de tok inn alt av utstyr og gjorde om, da slutta jeg... Så nå er det kun NROF som er i uniform for min del)
Å være en utstyrshore er vel både en fordel og en ulempe når det kommer til prepping, så mange felt en trenger utstyr til(spør meg hvordan jeg vet). Har holdt på noen år, og føler fortsatt at jeg har noen hull å fylle. Holder på å oppdatere førstehjelpsutstyret mitt nå, har kommet litt bakpå der. Begynte på sykepleien i fjor, og da fikk jeg tilbake interessen for det feltet også.

Har ikke skutt Red apple, har drevet mest med IPSC rifle de siste årene. Skjøt Kongsvinger Open i fjor, ellers har det vært de store riflestevnene. Har vært RO i mange år, så har du møtt en rappkjefta trønder så kan det være meg da.

Kan anbefale NROF; får du gått alle kursene og blir nivå 3 skytter så er det mange muligheter for litt mer kreativ skyting enn det er i IPSC.

Send meg en PM, så skal jeg sende deg mailadressen min, så kan vi da snakkes litt den veien hvis du vil.

RIP hk33k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:58 am 

Its probably more preppers than what you think, but there are such things as personal preferences as to regarding going "public" with the preps as to being painted with the overly broad brush used by the Norwegian and Scandianavian MSMs tends to stroke people that actually dont go "Baaing" along with the people with to consider. :wink:

One good, but slightly hidden in plain sight source to consider are the "Kvinners Frivillige Beredskap" (Womens Volunteering Emegency) association. They are actually somewhat hardcore into the prepping business (atleast locally) - but they dont do any self defence issues.

http://www.kfb.no/hoved/hovedside.asp?hovedId=1&Aid=1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 am 

Hi Guys,
would you like a Dane to complete the Scandinavian collection?

A few things about me:
I'm 23 years old, currently a Squad leader (Corporal) in the Danish "Hjemmeværnet" (Motorized infantry, the guys that practise with the Swedish and Norwegian Defence forces) with 4 years of service in both standing forces, INTOPS, and HJV.

When not ordering my troops around, I go to school (Københavns åbne Gymnasium) to get that damn degree.

- Fager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 am 

Hi Comber and Fager

Good to hear from you, we like danish beer and people :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:51 am 

Have anyone here considered what kind of disasters we should expect (apart from the obvious Zombie Outbreak)?

I'm thinking the following:
- Hurricanes (we've got some pretty nasty ones in Denmark each fall/winter)
- Blizzards (again I've only got data from denmark, but the last two years we've had blizzards that have cut of parts of the country)
- Nuclear disasters (I've seen a map showing a lot of nuclear power plants around Denmark)

what are your thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 am 

Jet streams touching ground can sometimes happen. Last summer such events laid waste to an outdoors concert, a caravan yard and swathes of forest here in Finland; some people were injured, but no fatalities. The downside to them is that they are currently impossible to predict; on the upside, they only last for minutes. You can't prep for these, but you can prep for the aftermath, as in the countryside these may block roads and cut electricity for several days. Forest fires are another threat, though they have been contained pretty fast so far on this side of the border (in the east it's a different story...).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:49 am 

Fager wrote:
Have anyone here considered what kind of disasters we should expect (apart from the obvious Zombie Outbreak)?

I'm thinking the following:
- Hurricanes (we've got some pretty nasty ones in Denmark each fall/winter)
- Blizzards (again I've only got data from denmark, but the last two years we've had blizzards that have cut of parts of the country)
- Nuclear disasters (I've seen a map showing a lot of nuclear power plants around Denmark)

what are your thoughts on this?

I do think we have almost the same possible disasters that everyone else has, but with different rankings depending on local areas/situations.

For example, I`ll consider prolonged poweroutages as a primary consern due to the yearly seasons. I have more or less has a 8 months of the year "warming up the house period", from somewhere around the middle of september to late april with some need to light up the stove in the summertime as well (but not continually). :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:01 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Hi guys! I am a 34 year old from Norway (rogaland) and I am new to the entire "zombie apocalypse" prepping and ZS so I havent got any food or water stocked yet. Kind of hard to do while living in a small apartment but I know that it is possible to stock up if I just knew what I needed. I like the way ZS prep for zombies to be able to survive other scenarios, as I do not think that zombies are the biggest danger at the moment.. :wink: My plan is to stock up a bit on food, water and other essentials for maybe a couple of weeks first. Then I guess I will just have to see where it leads from there.. I am a target shooter too but havent gotten into IPSC shooting yet but it sure looks fun! I am currently doing a bit of handgun shooting and also benchrest/long range which is very fun! Plus a bit hunting too.

Is there any others near stavanger in this forum? Also wondering if there have been or will be any kind of real life ZS activities in Norway, I mean like a camp or even a social meeting of some kind? Seems kind of against the purpose to rely on internet while prepping.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 am 

Hi Krieger and welcome to ZS
Always cool, to meet other Norwegians that are into prepping.
I would also recommend that you check out
http://swedishsurvivalist.egetforum.se/index.html
http://www.survivalistboards.com/

To find Norwegian preppers online.
But as fas as I know, there are no prepping get to getters in Norway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:54 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Welcome Krieger.

We haven't had any meetings of ZS'ers here in Norway, but if there's an interest we could maybe start looking into the possibilities. Say summer/late summer 2012?

And as I see it, your plan of 2 weeks sustainment is right on track. Don't bother with the whole EndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt just yet. Look into what can happen in your area; Weather, industrial catastrophes, and plan accordingly.

RIP hk33k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:17 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Would be nice with a camp next summer :D Question is if it is should be made public or not? It is Norway after all, both civillians and law enforcement are pretty spooked and there is a possibility that what is ment to be a social and maybe survival training camp for ZS's could be viewed as a terrorism training camp or something! -This would be very bad news and I suspect that there is little understanding for the need to prepp in Norway even if our only goals would be to help our selves and others if there will be some kind of crisis in the future. If we keep it in the dark that could backfire too so we need to plan carefully and make damn sure that we are not even close to break any laws.

Btw, is there a chatroom here where chatting in norwegian is allowed? Info on the forum is a must of course, but 5 pages of discussing location for a camp and such are propably not all that interesting for the rest of the world.. :lol:

EDIT: Makarov: nice to hear that I am on the right track :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:29 pm 

Some good advice from Makarov.
Start prepping for what is most likely to happen. What do you do if there is a fire in your apartment, or a burglary?
What do you do if your car breaks down on the road, or you loose power for 24 hours in the winter?

I think it be cool to meet other that is into being prepared, I don't think there are a lot of us.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Sounds reasonable to prepp for whats most likely to happen. For instance getting lost while hiking is "propably" a bit more likely to happen than a zombie attack :wink:
It would be very nice to meet other preppers on a camp, could be both fun and very useful :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:12 pm 

Makarov, Krieger og alle andre nordmen og andre fra skandinavia kom til
http://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68

Der er vi en liten gjeng med nordmenn, som har et underforum, og har skapt litt aktivitet.
Og det er bedre at de få preppere som er i Norge samles et sted, og ikke er litt rundt om kring.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I really dislike that site, first I notice that I need to have 5 posts in the forum to post anything(!) then I read on in a few posts and got really pissed off. No thanks man, I will defenately stick to ZS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:21 am 

I can see how that can be annoying.
I am there, cause that is the forum online, where I have found the largest active group of norwegians talking about prepping.
It is a shame that you don't join us, its not that many preppers in norway, and I think we should keep in touch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 pm 

Greetings from central sweden! New to the forum but feel free to hit me up for discussions and ideas :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:17 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Wish there was more action here, I believe there is a few preppers around. Anyone active here or have you left for other forums or something? I have written on the facebook wall of survivalist forum since I cant write in the forum, hope they can help me to get in there, although I really prefer this one! Have been prepping a bit more since last time, buying small stuff little by little. Have also had a one day trip into the snowy forest recently and that really made me think about what will happen if we loose electrical power over time! Its freakin' cold in winter-Norway, even close to the coast in the south-west! So what are you guys up to? Hope your prepping is going well and that you have fun doing it :D

(Btw, after searching for a looong time I found Ruger 10/22 factory made 25 shot mags for sale in Norway at 272kr! They are steel lips, but there is more; the metal part is exactly the same design as the standard factory one AND you can disassemble them for cleaning! I bought a few but havent tested them yet. Actually I feel confident in that they will work since they are designed and made by Ruger, unlike my old 32 shot mag that I had to modify a lot to function reasonably. Don't know if you guys have 10/22s, but it has been a hassle finding working mags at a reasonable price so I wanted to share. The store: http://www.oscarmike.no/products/ruger-1022-25rd-magazine)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:36 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I'm still here, I just don't post that much in this thread.

Good find on the 10/22 magazines. I didn't know of that shop, but it looks like it's a spinoff of practac/capsicum solutions. (I know that they're in the process of moving etc etc, this might be some of the guys that worked in the old shop that has started on their own) They had some good prices on AR magazines too.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the magazine, as I've got a 10/22 myself.

RIP hk33k

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Good to see that you are still here! Certainly much of the same products at oscarmike and capsicum, although that ruger magazine was all new to me, havent seen it anywhere, not even amazon or ebay. Will give them a try very soon and post the results! :D What stock and gear do you have on you ruger, btw? You can answer on pm if you feel the eyes of big brother over you shoulder :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

The BX is quite new, but have gotten good reviews. I only got 1 Butler Creek 25-round magazine for mine, and while I prefer to pack standard 10-rounders for this gun I'd like 1 or 2 quality "higcap" magazines.

I've got a Butler Creek Packer Stock on mine, and a Schmidt & Bender 6X scope(way overkill, but that's what I had lying around to mount...)
Here's a link to a picture. I pack it down in a CountyComm Sat-Com bag, the same bag as the one in the pictures above my post.

It still needs a new/better trigger, a more appropriate scope(thinking a 4x rimfire scope), a sling and a suppressor.

RIP hk33k