Indiana (Hoosiers), let's talk

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

trinity
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well I named my son after Romero if that helps you any, always Independent films....but I think in the end we will hate to watch them.

Re: Indiana (Hoosiers), let's talk

Post by trinity » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 am

I guess I can see why we don't have a chapter. :oops:
Ignorance is more expensive than education, If you stay ready you don't have to get ready.
Trinity

by-the-throat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Dead Alive
Land of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Zombieland

Post by by-the-throat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:46 am

Welcome to the forums and the Hoosiers thread, Trinity.

I think the hitch has been that most of us indiana members do not post much. We all tend to read more than we post in general, and of course we all tend to be concentrated around the southern portion of the state.

I don't know if I'm ready for an Indiana ZS chapter (I'm probably too shady of a character to get in) but I would love to do some networking with fellow preppers in the state.

Thanks for joining!
From The Codex Kalachnikova: "He who would have you surrender your arms does so because he wishes to do something you could prevent by their usage."
Last Call, Last Stand - The Crystal Menage - SF in Babylon - REMC Guide

Erik

Post by Erik » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:38 pm

I am originally from South Bend and I have never personally seen a ZS member from there.

Am I mistaken?

trinity
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well I named my son after Romero if that helps you any, always Independent films....but I think in the end we will hate to watch them.

Post by trinity » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:55 pm

Awwwww why you have to call yourself shady???? Thats no fun at all for people. And I'm new so if there are any South Bend ZS's I don't know. Hey I'm sure they are everywhere. Right on guys. thanks
Ignorance is more expensive than education, If you stay ready you don't have to get ready.
Trinity

R34P3R
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead

Post by R34P3R » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Like by-the-throat said, we hoosiers are a pretty spread out bunch. I think half of that's because some preppers are stereotypically disinclined to spend time online. I know several folks that have basements stocked with food and ammo but cringe at the thought of online communication. Still, it would be nice to have a chapter here.
Darn it Jim! I'm a programmer, not a multi-lingual financial expert!

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:24 am

I got out of South Bend because the people there were uniquely nuts. It does not surprise me to see that I have never seen a preparedness person from there on this board, but maybe I just missed them. The wife and I left that town and we won't be back to live there.

insomniaticsrg

Post by insomniaticsrg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi everyone I'm new to the site but been searching for somethime like this for awhile i live in kendallville and I'm trying to get a chapter started i need a third officer and obviously regular members so if anyone is interested i encourage you to hit me up at insomniaticsrg@gmail.com and we can chat and go from there.

Patriot Pirate

Post by Patriot Pirate » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I am Elkhart/SouthBend here. But in Kendalville area about every weekend or so.

insomniaticsrg

Post by insomniaticsrg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:30 pm

Hey people it's me again i'm very determined to get a chapter goin in indiana you dont have to worry aboutleadin i need one more officer which im prospecting right now so i just need regular members so come on people hit me up and lets get a chapter in indiana!!!!

by-the-throat
Dead Alive
Land of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Zombieland

Post by by-the-throat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Welcome Insomniac.

I think the first thing you ought to do is try to schedule a meatspace meeting. I have seen some other ZSers in the michiana area in this thread although I haven't seen any post in awhile.
From The Codex Kalachnikova: "He who would have you surrender your arms does so because he wishes to do something you could prevent by their usage."

insomniaticsrg

Post by insomniaticsrg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome and info. if you have any other ideas i'd love the help

Rob Salem
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Rob Salem » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm

REDSCORPION wrote:kokomo/ peru area here anyone close to me for mee/greet
I'm in the same area (Grissom).

I'm also more than a little interested in the prospect of starting ZS Chapter in Indiana.
In conflict, we do not rise to the level our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. - Archilocus, 650 BC

insomniaticsrg

Post by insomniaticsrg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Well if you all are interested hit up my email insomniaticsrg@gmail.com and we'lll talk more and go from there meet up and whatnot. I am very close to meeting the requirements for a chapter so lets do it!

insomniaticsrg

Post by insomniaticsrg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm

People come on everybody says they want a chapter but no one is willing to do anything besides type about i have one started so join!!!

Murphnuge
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bowling for Columbine and any other science fiction.

Post by Murphnuge » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 pm

So I hang around another forum 95% of the time and must've missed it, but Indiana has a chapter now or what?!
Death smiles upon us all, the U.S. Marine smiles back.

R34P3R
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead

Post by R34P3R » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 am

It's currently more of a work in progress at the moment. Aside from the standard starting up procedures (non ZS sponsored charity event, three members that can attend regular meetings, paperwork, etc), there's also a discussion about location. It seems that the state is split on location of ZS members, with half being along the southern border, and the other half north of Indianapolis. Personally I advocate forming two chapters, a north and south, to facilitate ease of attendance.
Darn it Jim! I'm a programmer, not a multi-lingual financial expert!

Rob Salem
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Rob Salem » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:38 pm

I think two chapters along a north/south division sounds reasonable; it is a long state after all. Folks in the central portion of the state could choose north or south, or form and Indy-centered chapter. Insomniaticsrg is really gung ho about getting a chapter started and I've offered to help where I can, as I'm interested also (gotta get a ZS membership in the very near future though). Even so, it's about a 2 hour drive between his location and mine. Logistics...
In conflict, we do not rise to the level our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. - Archilocus, 650 BC

Murphnuge
Favorite Zombie Movies: Bowling for Columbine and any other science fiction.

Post by Murphnuge » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:40 pm

North and South sounds pretty reasonable. I gotta get a membership as well, but would rather wait till we get a chapter or two to better then I'll have to!
Death smiles upon us all, the U.S. Marine smiles back.

mobilesuithomer

Post by mobilesuithomer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:37 pm

I live in eastern Indiana, right on the border of Ohio, although I'm hoping to move to Indy to go to the Art Institute there.

No plans on joining any prospective chapters (I need to sort my life out first), but I thought it might help to know there's another Hoosier forumite around.

As far as preps go, I'm pretty much boned in the case of a serious disaster, but that's one of the reasons I joined this forum.

TylerH67

Post by TylerH67 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:40 am

I'm here in Southern Indiana. (warrick county)

by-the-throat
Dead Alive
Land of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Zombieland

Post by by-the-throat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:32 am

TylerH67 wrote:I'm here in Southern Indiana. (warrick county)
Welcome to the forum and the hoosiers thread, TylerH67.

What got you interested in the subject of disaster preparedness?

ThePhantom86
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, 28 Days/Weeks, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by ThePhantom86 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:20 am

I've been so busy with work, seems I've missed out on a bunch. The other hurdle is that INGO has their Mutual Support Groups which covers disaster preparedness. But I'm up for either and will try to support ZS if I can.

Patriot Pirate

Post by Patriot Pirate » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I grew up in Evansville area , now live in Elkhart area. It's a long drive even to half way point. North -South chapter would be great. I do a lot of camping in Mongo Indiana, Pigoen River and 11, ooo plus acres. They have camping, canoeing . It's were I will be doing this months Zombie Bugout , Jan 13-14-15

krisirwin78
Favorite Zombie Movies: all

Post by krisirwin78 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

im in peru indiana. lets get started

Return to “Meeting room”