It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:51 am 

So instead of the thread in the Self-Sufficient Living section, let's talk here and see how much interest we have.

Indiana is a big state but not as big as Texas, which is where I am from. I live near Columbus. My work schedule is funky and I work on Saturday's but depending on the time and I place, I might be able to work around it. My wife would most likely be able to make it, at least some of the time, but we do have a newborn.

Let's get what city your near and whatever else might be helpful.

Last edited by ThePhantom86 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:10 am 

Bloomington here.

I work nights so my schedule makes it tough to attend any type of meetup-but I am off Tuesdays and Wednesdays so there is a possibility.

I don't know if I'm ready for a ZS chapter in Indiana necessarily, but I wouldn't mind networking with some fellow preppers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:46 am 

Understand by-the-throat. This is just to see how many of us there are and take it from there. Maybe discuss places around Indiana for camping, shooting, local events of interest, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:22 pm 

I'm West of Evansville down in the point.

NIMS 700

Long Term Water Treatment
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51917
Disaster Plan for Water Customers
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50970

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 pm 

Hey
I think the idea of a Indiana chapter is interesting. I live in Columbus and work every other weekend and my hours do vary but never work later then 20:30. Just let me know what we can work out.
Randall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:03 pm 

Evansville here, and I know there are at least a few more...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:36 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Another shout out from EvansVegas...

With my FD schedule it's practically impossible to get a full weekend off, and they're 24 hour shifts, so evenings are usually rough, too. Wife has a screwy schedule, too. Add those together plus other extracurriculars, and it's hard to find much free time.

Still, I would certainly be up for at least a virtual Indiana ZS chapter. Maybe some type of thread (like this one?) where we can keep each other up to speed on local events, gear or ammo sales, classes, etc. Is the OP keeping a running list of everybody who is signing in? A list of Indiana posters and their geographic location would be a good start.

Looks like me, Arch, navarre1095, and mbf2k at least are in the Evansville area...

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:26 am 

Let me know what you think of this. Indiana ZS'ers

This is just people from this thread, I can go find other posters and add them. I can add comments to the markers along with other things. It's a start.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Location: There's no place I can be since I've found (hoosier) Serenity.
I work in Indy and live in the area. It would be great to get to know other ZSers in the state.

Browncoat, food & H2O storing Dad. "I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me."
"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other people or the majority, it's a right that belongs to all of us."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:38 pm 

I'm from the Corydon/Ramsey area of southern Indiana. We own a small gun shop just outside Ramsey as well as a small farm. I too would like to have a chapter here in the state and would volunteer to help out with things,and my wife is all in also. We think it would be a good thing to network with fellow preppers/ZSers in our state. So we're all in too. :D Besides Indiana needs a ZEU! (Zombie Eradication Unit) :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:41 pm 

DannusMaximus wrote:
Another shout out from EvansVegas...
Still, I would certainly be up for at least a virtual Indiana ZS chapter. Maybe some type of thread (like this one?) where we can keep each other up to speed on local events, gear or ammo sales, classes, etc.

I figure this could at least be that. The other threads are great but here we could discuss the gear we have used. Not all gear works in all climates.

FlashDaddy has been added to the map.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:09 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Phantom, I like the google feature. Thanks for fronting this effort to let the Hoosier side of the house get in touch.

I'm going to bookmark this meeting room topic and will do my part to keep everybody informed about local things of interest. Also, with your blessing, if I come across other posters who are Indiana (or in the immediate Illinois or KY area, for my neck of the woods) I'll PM them and direct them to this thread.

Good idea, all. Initial networking may lead to a more 'formal' type of Hoosier chapter in the future, but this is a good start.

Brief bio of myself: Career firefighter/EMT, also a USMC vet. Most of my posts are in the 'firearms' forum, but that's primarily because I'm trying to get smarter, not because of any particular expertise. I've got a pretty solid background in public safety/emergency services, first aid/wilderness medicine, and backpacking/camping, and might be able to help answer particular questions if people have them. I'm a complete retard when it comes to topics in the Communications and Transportation forums :oops:

Here are a couple of threads I started concerning Indiana specific issues. Several are already out of date, but these might serve as examples of the type of things that our locals might find useful:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=37646&hilit=indiana+ham+radio
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=48469
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49475&hilit=bug+out+indiana

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:14 pm 

I'm in the Evansville Area too.

My schedule, like seemingly everyone else's, is weird. I have Friday's off. My big issue is - my wife and I share one vehicle so I have to take her to work and pick her up on Friday.

I'll watch to see how this develops.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77253

My invitation to "take a break":

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 1#p1698421

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 pm 

ThePhantom86 wrote:
Let me know what you think of this. Indiana ZS'ers

This is just people from this thread, I can go find other posters and add them. I can add comments to the markers along with other things. It's a start.

You can call me paranoid, because I am, but this seems a lot like a "BIG BRO COME HERE AND TAKE MY GUNS" sign.

I will not return to ZS so please don't send PM's. If you'd like to contact me please email...

formerlyZSArch@live.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm 

Westside of Indianapolis.................. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 pm 

I'm from Avon ( west side of Indy ).

I'm up for any type of meetup, my wife and I have a newborn so time is of the essence. My free days are Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I'd love to keep in touch with fellow Indiana ZS'ers.

misconfig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:41 am 

Arch wrote:
You can call me paranoid, because I am, but this seems a lot like a "BIG BRO COME HERE AND TAKE MY GUNS" sign.

I understand Arch, I won't add you to the map unless you want me to. This goes for anyone else as well.

However, if I can be paranoid with you, if they wanted to take your guns...they could do so anytime they please. You post here which shows your IP address, which can be traced back to your ISP, which can be traced back to your work or home (where ever you post). I know nothing is private on the internet but it is somewhat private as not everyone in the whole world can see the map unless they have the url. If people would be more comfortable with place markers only and no names, I can fix that easily.

So far, most of us are in the central and southern half of the state.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:48 am 

ThePhantom86 wrote:
Arch wrote:

I understand Arch, I won't add you to the map unless you want me to. This goes for anyone else as well.

However, if I can be paranoid with you, if they wanted to take your guns...they could do so anytime they please. You post here which shows your IP address, which can be traced back to your ISP, which can be traced back to your work or home (where ever you post). I know nothing is private on the internet but it is somewhat private as not everyone in the whole world can see the map unless they have the url. If people would be more comfortable with place markers only and no names, I can fix that easily.

ThePhantom86,

You're correct to a degree - there ARE many ways to circumvent someone finding you VIA IP. :)

misconfig

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 pm 

misconfig wrote:
ThePhantom86 wrote:
Arch wrote:

ThePhantom86,

You're correct to a degree - there ARE many ways to circumvent someone finding you VIA IP. :)

Tor anyone?

formerlyZSArch@live.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm 

Arch wrote:
misconfig wrote:
ThePhantom86 wrote:
Arch wrote:

ThePhantom86,

Tor anyone?

Hit the nail on the head on that one, there are also many options you can use, such as mutliple SSH connections around the world, and using said connections to form a proxy VIA encrypted tunnel.

I'm sorry for the thread jack, I just couldn't help myself.

misconfig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:08 am 

well it looks like i'm fartherst north lol, Hobart. Right up by the lake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 pm 

Clarksville.

Gunman556: Where is your shop located? I'm looking for a new place to shop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:05 am 

Pretty scary for some I bet.
http://www.indystar.com/article/20091023/LOCAL/910230384/I-465+will+remain+closed+at+site++snarling+commutes
http://photos.indystar.com/galleries/7720

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:17 am 

MercurySwitch wrote:
Clarksville.

Gunman556: Where is your shop located? I'm looking for a new place to shop.

We are in Depauw,In off SR64 at 9751 Birdtrail RD NW. Feel free to mapquest it and come see us. I know we are cheaper than anyone from Bedford to Louisville... I checked :twisted: . our # is 812-734-4348 and we are open from 10 am - 8pm 6 days a week and 12-4 on Sundays(sometime later). If you mention ZS when you come in we will give you a discount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next