It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm 

Quote:
This year on Saturday August 29th, we will hold the 5th annual LOUISVILLE ZOMBIE ATTACK.
The party will again be held at BEARNO'S ON BARDSTOWN RD at 8pm with film and music from LAST CALL, COUNT GRONZY and more. contests for KING, QUEEN, GROSSEST, HOTTEST ZOMBIE (audience juried). This is an ALL AGES, FREE BIRTHDAY PARTY (but you knew that already). We encourage everyone to join us. We ask that guests be ZOMBIES.

TACTICAL INFORMATION
The 'attack' takes place at dusk (8:29pm). We will meet at the usual place (behind objects of desire) at 8pm. If you are coming in from another (lesser) town, and/or a virgin and have any questions, just ask.
We encourage everyone to join us. Any age is welcome. We encourage you to form a group with your friends to help get you ready and to walk with and (most importantly) pick victims and plan 'attacks' ahead of time. We ask that only consenting participants be attacked.
If you are someone who plans to be a dick and spoil the fun for the rest of us, please fuck off and go somewhere else where punk bitches are welcome.
We hope to see you soon!

Planning on going. If anyone else is interested we can meet up before hand. Or try to again, hoping more people come out this year.

Copied from another forum...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:54 pm 

Whoah, hold on, what is this? I would so drive the two hours to be part of an invasion...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 pm 

Everyone meets up on Bardstown Road in downtown Louisville. And it's just what it says it is. Last year a friend of mine went past a fancy restaurant and stuck his face on the glass. It was pretty funny from what i understand. This will be my first year as well but I been hearing about it for about a year now so it feels as though I've been there already. I can't wait to go!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:29 am 

I'm going to go to watch, but I have to work before that. So, I won't have time to gear up or anything. I'd so love to bring the Deuce out with some "soldiers" loaded up in the back and do some zombie containment... w/ toy guns of course.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:22 am 

How far is Louisville from Lexington? I won't be there in time, just curious. Seems like a decent amount of stuff happens there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:26 am 

BethDeath wrote:
How far is Louisville from Lexington? I won't be there in time, just curious. Seems like a decent amount of stuff happens there.

It's a little over a 90 mile drive.

"It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…" Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:10 pm 

I really want to do this walk not sure what it is all about. I was wondering also if dogs are allowed and the best place to park for the event. along with where to show up. Thanks for any information

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:49 pm 

I still go every year. Dogs in general are fine, but it's worth telling you that there are A LOT of people packed into this thing. There are some folks running around, screaming, and others with children. Just to make you aware.

As far as parking, it's kind of a free-for-all. The Midtown Mall on Baxter is a pretty good place to find a parking spot if you get there early enough (7-ish). If you want to meet up, I'll be there with my family at about that time, 7 or so. Just give me a private message.

It used to start off at the Midtown Mall and end at the Monkey Wrench, but they changed the whole route last year.