Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Zoltan
* * * * *
Posts: 2631
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead; Dawn of the Dead(remake); 28 Days Later; 28 Weeks Later; Army of Darkness; Dead & Breakfast; I am Legend; Pet Sematary;
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Zoltan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:30 pm

It was still a great time. Everyone is cool and gets along. I think we will be quite the awesome chapter!
ZSC:XV -- California Chapter Forum

"Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC
CLEAR CUT wrote:Chloroform soaked rag in a ziplock baggie, Duct tape, ten milligrams of Ketamine in a syringe, and a bottle of Roofies....It must be date night!
Image

User avatar
whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 8187
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Here's a basic AAR:

Musubi, Zoltan and Ricky & Mrs. Ricky (I'm pretty sure she was Mrs. Ricky, but I never asked flat out) all beat me and airexurb there (and we were still 15 minutes early!)

Pitchers of beer and iced tea were shared. Hot wings, chips & salsa, and cheese fries were shared. MMC and female companion showed up. Bullshit was shared.

I figured we should sign the paperwork before we had too many beers. This was met with "I thought you brought the paperwork..." We made our own paperwork.

Beer and tea were shared some more. More bullshit was shared.

We went on our ways.

Thanks for showing up, everyone. We'll try to be more organized in the future :lol:

I still cant believe that asshat server stiffed us on service as soon as enough people showed up for him to tack on the automatic 18% gratuity. If you all know somewhere else we can go for the Bay Area meet ups, please share.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

User avatar
spacecase0
* * * * *
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:42 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: resident evil series
Location: usually Earth

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by spacecase0 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:46 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:I still cant believe that asshat server stiffed us on service as soon as enough people showed up for him to tack on the automatic 18% gratuity. If you all know somewhere else we can go for the Bay Area meet ups, please share.
I have gone there weekly for years without any issues, that is really sad to here that they did that to you.
jupiders is down the street, but the beer is not as good.
"1911, AK, corn bread, red/blue wire neutral"
people in america still like to pretend they are free, the day they know they are not, they will stop pretending

User avatar
Musubi
* *
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Musubi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:37 pm

spacecase0 wrote:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:I still cant believe that asshat server stiffed us on service as soon as enough people showed up for him to tack on the automatic 18% gratuity. If you all know somewhere else we can go for the Bay Area meet ups, please share.
I have gone there weekly for years without any issues, that is really sad to here that they did that to you.
jupiders is down the street, but the beer is not as good.
After the wonderful service we got last time, it's not the place it was THAT employee(makes note in the book :twisted: ) next time I got no prob going back there :)

Musubi

edited to add; HA didn't crash!.... yet....
Last edited by Musubi on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RodCornholio wrote:It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes.
The shaking becomes a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Zoltan
* * * * *
Posts: 2631
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead; Dawn of the Dead(remake); 28 Days Later; 28 Weeks Later; Army of Darkness; Dead & Breakfast; I am Legend; Pet Sematary;
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Zoltan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, I think it was just that asshat. The couple other times I've been with both ZS and some friends, service was always good.

But we could also try Meridian Sports Bar, which isn't to far from Triple Rock either. And I could get a real drink, instead of just a beer! Mmm... Booze
ZSC:XV -- California Chapter Forum

"Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC
CLEAR CUT wrote:Chloroform soaked rag in a ziplock baggie, Duct tape, ten milligrams of Ketamine in a syringe, and a bottle of Roofies....It must be date night!
Image

User avatar
nacho
* * * * *
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sugar Hill (1974)
Location: 90090
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by nacho » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote:I still cant believe that asshat server stiffed us on service as soon as enough people showed up for him to tack on the automatic 18% gratuity. If you all know somewhere else we can go for the Bay Area meet ups, please share.
That's why I like going to restaurants/ bars where you know everyone. :wink:
Image

User avatar
airexurb
* * * * *
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 pm
Location: seaside, california

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by airexurb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 pm

we could all go to "namaste guey" next time :mrgreen:
ista_hota wrote:"Hey Jim can I borrow your trailer?"
"No I need it tomorrow."
"Well, I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat your penis then."

User avatar
toecutter
* * *
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:37 am
Location: Occupied California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by toecutter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:45 pm

I figured that kind of thing was normal for bay area wait staff. This is part of the reason I will be burning the city down next time I'm coming to the bay area.

So the next question is, did someone take the paperwork from the restarant, put it in an envelope and drop it in the mail?

This kinda makes us look like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
EMT-B, FEMA-CERT volunteer, NRA certified instructor, Ammunition Manufacturer, General Class License holder, Keeper of the GEARS handbook. Maintainer of W6GLN/R.

California Chapter Forum

User avatar
Musubi
* *
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Musubi » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 am

toecutter wrote:I figured that kind of thing was normal for bay area wait staff. This is part of the reason I will be burning the city down next time I'm coming to the bay area.
easy there now, they tried in the 60's and the quake in the 80's tried again
toecutter wrote:So the next question is, did someone take the paperwork from the restarant, put it in an envelope and drop it in the mail?
Ricky!? knock, knock, hey ya in there man??? :roll:
toecutter wrote:This kinda makes us look like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.
this is the Bay Area define straight... :lol:

Musubi
RodCornholio wrote:It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed.
The hands acquire shakes.
The shaking becomes a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

User avatar
Zoltan
* * * * *
Posts: 2631
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:41 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead; Dawn of the Dead(remake); 28 Days Later; 28 Weeks Later; Army of Darkness; Dead & Breakfast; I am Legend; Pet Sematary;
Location: NorCal
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Zoltan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:26 am

Well, Ricky did have the paperwork when they left. I figure it should have gone into the mail today, but maybe we should all spam his inbox until he tells us he did so.
ZSC:XV -- California Chapter Forum

"Doctrine is the last refuge of the unimaginative." - General James "Chaos" Mattis, USMC
CLEAR CUT wrote:Chloroform soaked rag in a ziplock baggie, Duct tape, ten milligrams of Ketamine in a syringe, and a bottle of Roofies....It must be date night!
Image

User avatar
DaJoker
* * * * *
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:32 am
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by DaJoker » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 am

Bah, even if I did see the notice earlier I couldn't have made it up to the bay area. Anyway, woohoo! Official chapter now! At least when we get our own forum :?

By the way, did the whole North Cal and South Cal idea for different chapters get shucked while I was away this last month?
NLM FEMA8 Knucklebuster
"Man's true profession is to find the road to himself." Thomas Hobbes
“Showing reality always makes the best propaganda.” Taliban member quoted in Newsweek
M1A/5.7x28mm/Green Wire/Pie

User avatar
whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 8187
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 am

DaJoker wrote:Bah, even if I did see the notice earlier I couldn't have made it up to the bay area. Anyway, woohoo! Official chapter now! At least when we get our own forum :?

By the way, did the whole North Cal and South Cal idea for different chapters get shucked while I was away this last month?
The consensus from the guys signing the paperwork, as well as Michelle (the ZS Chapter Co-ordinator) decided that'll be a lot easier on us if we can split the workload. Since we have the state pretty well represented with the three of us (Ricky for the Central Valley, MMC for Southern California and me for Bay Area), we can hold three open meetings instead of one, which may help with recruitment.

Once we all get the swing of this ZS thing, and decide it's something we want to stick with after we start doing the actual work, it'll be relatively easy for us to split into different chapters if we want to. The three regions will already have someone who knows what's going on, so any localized chapters won't be starting from scratch. Or we may decide that we like having one big happy family and we'll stay together forever. Who knows :lol:
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

User avatar
Real_Ale_Act
* * * * *
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like the PAW ones better!
Location: on the Mokelumne River, CA.

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Real_Ale_Act » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

Well...ol' Real_Ale_Act had one massive brain fart and thought this whole dealy-o was sunday instead of saturday. Sorry I missed it! :(

I've been waiting to see the welcome chapter postup from the grand high poo-bahs though...no love yet...
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
Suizen wrote: (damned to hell reason and logic... who needs it?! PANIC SQUAD!!! UNITE!)
Chapter XV: ZS, California-Style

User avatar
whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 8187
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 am

Real_Ale_Act wrote:Well...ol' Real_Ale_Act had one massive brain fart and thought this whole dealy-o was sunday instead of saturday. Sorry I missed it! :(

I've been waiting to see the welcome chapter postup from the grand high poo-bahs though...no love yet...
I PM'ed all my vitals to Ricky on Sunday morning since he needed them to finish off the paperwork. I haven't heard from him yet. Plus, there's still the issue of my membership not having been processed yet (5 weeks +). That means that when the paperwork does get to ZS, someone will have to actually process my membership application to get my member ID number...
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

User avatar
Real_Ale_Act
* * * * *
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like the PAW ones better!
Location: on the Mokelumne River, CA.

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Real_Ale_Act » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am

*stamps feet*

NOW NOW NOW !

:lol:
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
Suizen wrote: (damned to hell reason and logic... who needs it?! PANIC SQUAD!!! UNITE!)
Chapter XV: ZS, California-Style

User avatar
whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 8187
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am

Ricky scanned our signature page. I blurred out last names and signatures, since the intarwebs are a dangerous place...

Image
Ricky Romero wrote:We met in Berkeley on August 8, 2009 to have a "Chapter Application Signing Party" and due to some miscommunication, nobody brought the paperwork. Since we had all come from a looong way away, we decided that an addendum to the application would have to suffice. So here it is, hand-written on the back of a ZS target, complete with a pint glass ring (I believe it was a Porter) and awkward grammar. Enjoy!
And, yes, it was porter 8)
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

User avatar
muscleman_coffeemesto
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2156
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:28 am
Location: Riverside, Ca (951 Area Code)
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by muscleman_coffeemesto » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Actually, that looks kind of funny.
Ricky, Whisk.e and myself will stay in touch on the "Chapter" paperwork and official stuff. Since Ricky is handling the paperwork and the communication between us and Zombie Squad, he'll let us know when they get back to him, regarding our application.
I'll be contacting the socal peeps for dealing with our "Desertcon" campout that we've been talking about, as well as our next charitable event.
For paperwork purposes, I said we'd meet at the coffee shop in Riverside again, but we can change that whenever we want. I'll be PMing some of you today and tomorrow.
It's been a long weekend.
I don't believe in karma.
Karma is just justice without satisfaction,
And I don't believe in justice.
Image

User avatar
Real_Ale_Act
* * * * *
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like the PAW ones better!
Location: on the Mokelumne River, CA.

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Real_Ale_Act » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:26 pm

That sheet is made of win. (And beer, but mostly win.)

I do believe we should be noted in the yearbook as "Best Improvised Paperwork".

The only way that could have been better is if it had been Musubi's shotgun slug-holed target from the last Triple Rock beer-up.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
Suizen wrote: (damned to hell reason and logic... who needs it?! PANIC SQUAD!!! UNITE!)
Chapter XV: ZS, California-Style

User avatar
whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Posts: 8187
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Real_Ale_Act wrote:I do believe we should be noted in the yearbook as "Best Improvised Paperwork".
That definitely beats "Least Prepared" or "Most Disorganized" :lol:
Real_Ale_Act wrote:The only way that could have been better is if it had been Musubi's shotgun slug-holed target from the last Triple Rock beer-up.
That would have made the application pure win!
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

mtnfolk mike
* * * *
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:57 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: the omega man..
Location: Santa Cruz mtns. CA.

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by mtnfolk mike » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:27 pm

right on folks... glad to hear that everything is undar way with the Cali. chapter... i wish i could have been there, but i was partying in a big a$$ mansion in Lake Tahoe all weekend... :D

let me know if we need/want to have another get-together here again... i know Charlie is down... :)
>>>>-----LIFE IS A KNIFE----->

User avatar
nacho
* * * * *
Posts: 1101
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sugar Hill (1974)
Location: 90090
Contact:

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by nacho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:56 pm

muscleman_coffeemesto wrote:For paperwork purposes, I said we'd meet at the coffee shop in Riverside again, but we can change that whenever we want.
I like the location, and am willing to commit to meeting / driving out there one Sunday afternoon a month for a so cal organizational meeting.
Image

Ricky Romero
* * * * *
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:36 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD '78 and '04, 28 Days Later, Zombie Strippers
Location: Fresno, CA

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Ricky Romero » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Sorry for being unavailable the last few days. I PM'ed Michelle our application and a scanned copy of our "official" signed document. It may take a while for her to get things rolling with the mothership, so be patient, everybody. Chapter applications have to be reviewed before anything is solidified.

Musubi, glad you made it onto the forums! Maybe our next charity event should be to raise money for Musubi to get a computer that doesn't crash every time he tries to post.
I survived Zombie Con 2009!

User avatar
PaleHorse
* *
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 1:22 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by PaleHorse » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Well if the August 8th paperwork doesn't fly MMCM, Nacho and myself can sign since we are all members and meet on occasion.

That scroll needs to be framed and hung on someone's wall.... :lol:
CALIFORNIA LINKS
California Chapter Discussion
SoCal - Event Planning


And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

User avatar
Brendan Sullivan
* * * *
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Sacramento

Re: Californians: Help Make Us Official!

Post by Brendan Sullivan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:11 pm

That improvised, sloppy, beer-stained paperwork makes us all look like a bunch of jackasses.

Brings a proud tear to my eye. I'm just upset that it'll be so hard for anything you guys do from now on to match that level of awesomeness.

Congrats. We're still on for the Sept. pot farmer hunt, and I look forward to attending some -cons and events.

Post Reply

Return to “Meeting room”