California Chapter?

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Newb Survivalist
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the dead, dawn of the dead, 28 days later (if you believe this is a zombie flick)

California Chapter?

Post by Newb Survivalist » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:28 pm

From the looks of it there is not a California chapter but i thought i would ask anyways seeing as i am new to this forum. What does it take to put one together? what does having a chapter in your state mean? It seems like you guys do a lot of charity and get together events and i don't want to miss out on those.

If i am asking in the wrong place, please redirect me.

-newb out

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Re: California Chapter?

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Welcome aboard.

The California chapter is in the works. We're ironing out the final details, but should have the paperwork submitted to ZS headquarters next month.

There are a few threads around about meet-ups in various parts of the state. The main concentration of CA guys and girls appear to be in the Bay Area and scattered between LA and San Diego. There are people from all over the state around the forums, though.

When we get closer to actually completing and signing the paperwork (and if Michelle ever gets back to me on my questions), we'll make a thread (or update the old thread).
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

muscleman_coffeemesto
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by muscleman_coffeemesto » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Yeah, somebody is waiting on their Zombie Squad ID card to finish paperwork.
Love the avatar btw. I have the Walking Dead in hardbound editions at home.
I don't believe in karma.
Karma is just justice without satisfaction,
And I don't believe in justice.

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:42 pm

muscleman_coffeemesto wrote:Yeah, somebody is waiting on their Zombie Squad ID card to finish paperwork.
Actually, I'm waiting for Michelle to tell me whether or not I'm waiting on my ZS ID card. I mean, it's like she has a real life to deal with or something :lol:

PaleHorse

Post by PaleHorse » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:52 pm

If you can get your ID # from then you shouldn't need the card?
CALIFORNIA LINKS
California Chapter Discussion
SoCal - Event Planning

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:55 pm

PaleHorse wrote:If you can get your ID # from then you shouldn't need the card?
I still haven't "gone green" yet. It'll be 3 weeks on Monday. So another couple of weeks probably.

PaleHorse

Post by PaleHorse » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Probably. They do it in batches to save time. It took a couple months for me to get my card. Didn't help any that I gave them the wrong P.O. Box. :lol:

Sorry to jack your thread Newb. We are working on chapter status. Did our first charity event last week and are working on setting up some events in both the south and the north.
CALIFORNIA LINKS
California Chapter Discussion
SoCal - Event Planning

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Brendan Sullivan

Post by Brendan Sullivan » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 pm

D'yarr, matey!

I'm close to Sacramento. Let's hang out!

The CA chapter is actually very nearly a reality; you joined at a good time if you're serious about this stuff. The real hard-hitting kids all seem to live in the south end of the state, but there are a few dedicated guys and gals scattered here and there. We're still awaiting details of how things will be split up. It's not easy that the two or three gangs of us who want a chapter are farther apart than the breadth of some entire states.
Last edited by Brendan Sullivan on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toecutter

Post by toecutter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:38 pm

California fails at geography.

Also, MMCM fails at map reading, it's like he didn't learn that in college.

But anyways, yea, california chapter is on it's way. As has been stated we are just waiting for paperwork and whatnot at the moment before it becomes a reality. In the mean time, feel free to chime in on any of the currently active california chapter threads. There's plenty of pics from the our first charity event. Pay careful note to those that include stacks of beer cans, it will explain why MMCM is wearing a wizard hat. (because he's got wizard status)
EMT-B, FEMA-CERT volunteer, NRA certified instructor, Ammunition Manufacturer, General Class License holder, Keeper of the GEARS handbook. Maintainer of W6GLN/R.

California Chapter Forum

muscleman_coffeemesto
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by muscleman_coffeemesto » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:18 am

I may have failed at paying attention to the road, but I can still read a map. :oops:
I don't believe in karma.
Karma is just justice without satisfaction,
And I don't believe in justice.

Newb Survivalist
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the dead, dawn of the dead, 28 days later (if you believe this is a zombie flick)

Post by Newb Survivalist » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:48 pm

i am glad to see that it is coming together. If i get called off work on the 8th like i did tonight i will try and make it down to the signing. I wish the bart made its way up to sac...

-MMCM - TWD is the shit. i am having a hard time finding a zombie comic, or even survival themed comic, that rivals it. Got any suggestions?

-brendan, where abouts are you? I am looking forward to the norcal bugout / campout whatever. definitely keep me updated on that. I am going to dirttime 09 down in soCal this month and i am stoked for that.

-newb

Brendan Sullivan

Post by Brendan Sullivan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:57 pm

+1 to how cool it is to finally see a chapter coming together.
Newb Survivalist wrote:-brendan, where abouts are you? I am looking forward to the norcal bugout / campout whatever. definitely keep me updated on that. I am going to dirttime 09 down in soCal this month and i am stoked for that.

-newb
I'm temporarily homeless so I'll be anywhere between Folsom and Pollock Pines depending on where I'm staying or what I'm doing that day. I don't make frequent forays to Sac but if there's something to do, count me in. The campout is still on but details are sketchy and I'm notoriously poor at planning things in advance. I didn't know about Dirttime until you posted it. That sounds fucking awesome and makes me even more sad that my boss sucks arse.

Return to “Meeting room”