COZS Food Drive

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Impus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Die, You Zombie Bastards!

Re: COZS Food Drive

Post by Impus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:06 pm

carlomarx wrote:I've never seen a pregnant zombie before, but I guess I will tomorrow!
Remind me to show you a picture of my friend Melissa tomorrow. I'd post, but haven't asked her if it's OK.
Let Me Die Not Quietly, But Valiantly And Violently

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

congochris

Post by congochris » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:24 am

Definitely not going to make it. I feel like I have a 20 lbs bag of quickcrete setting in my sinuses, and the wife isn't much better. Even the little man is coughing his head off already, so dragging ourselves about in the cold is a fairly poor idea.

Or so I have been infirmed by my wife. I'm willing to try, but she reminded me I'm a complete wuss about being sick.

Impus

Post by Impus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Two hours to meet-up time. All is "GO" here.

failure

Post by failure » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:26 am

I got a good look at my brother before he washed the makeup off. It was well done, indeed.
Discretion is the better part of valor.

Impus

Post by Impus » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Good work and good time had by all. More laterz.

Impus

Post by Impus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:38 pm

As planned, we met at OC downtown and had some snackies. At 2:PM we headed over to Zeezos costume/makeup/theatrical supply and Marla and the Zeezos crew made us into zombies. 5-6 ZS folk and friends were augmented by a gaggle of girls who thought being zombified and doing good works would be a hoot.

A photog friend of Sandman's came along and got a bunch of shots. Someone post, please?

We staggered down the West side of Tejon with very positive public reaction. Crossed at Colorado and turned back North. People in the outdoor seating areas of several food and coffee places enjoyed the distraction. We stopped for a brief photo shoot in an alleyway with dumpsters and groundstink.

After flirting with the homeless in Acacia Park and getting the nod from the county SD, we stopped in at Tony's Bar, a Wisconsin-themed bar I rather enjoy. Cheese curds rock! Leinies! Walleye! Chippewas! Harley! Olie and Leena jokes! And you don't have to pay Minnesota sales tax! Kayaking the Prophets! Madison chicks! Taxidermy!

..Sorry, got carried away there. Drunk posting this evening. Eh... Up to Boulder, crossed back, Southbound until we finished handing out the last of our flyers and then to a top-secret rooftop hideout for another photo shoot. All went well and we went our separate ways. I stopped into our venue in character and let them know we were pimping the event. Everyone seems stoked and everything seems to be coming along nicely.

OK, back to the wine bottle and b-rate z-fliks. Night!

Abacus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Abacus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Impus wrote: OK, back to the wine bottle and b-rate z-fliks. Night!
That's life wisdom right there.

Good job yo.
ImageImage

carlomarx
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead

Post by carlomarx » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:10 am

Yeah, the Mrz and I had a great time. Who knew we would have wound up on the roof of some building? I felt a little bad about the underage crowd being left out of the 'sconsin bar, but it was all good.

Who felt like asking the people in Acacia park for a drag of that funny little cigarette they were smoking?
If my decomposing carcass helps nourish the roots of a juniper tree or the wings of a vulture--that is immortality enough for me. And as much as anyone deserves. --Edward Abbey

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 pm

So I'm probably just blind. Do we have times for this yet?
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Impus

Post by Impus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Tuesday, Feb. 24 Mardi Gras. NOTLD at 6:00 PM, REC at 9:00 PM

We'll start setting up around noon, to allow lots of time to fix last minute clusterfucks. This will involve setting up the screen, projector, chairs, and donation station. We'll start working the crowd around 5:30, I have a roll of tickets we can use to do a raffle, if anyone has something we can raffle off.

I'll do a short introduction of who we are and what we're doing, pimp the Squad, take a survey of who has their basic preps ("you, you in the really short skirt, do you have a flashlight in your car? A warm blanket? How much water do you keep stored in your home? Would you like to come over to my place after the show and see how a real man does it?")

Films will wrap by 11:00 PM and we'll take down and load out the AV equipment, load out the donated food, load out the chairs. If we have more food than will fit in the Zombie Bus, I'll either need someone else to take some or maybe the venue will let us store it in the basement 'till the next day. Actually, If no one else comes up with chairs, a buddy of mine can help me "borrow" some from the local community center. But 40 folding chairs will pretty much fill up my van and someone else will have to take the food if we can't leave it there 'till morning.

congochris

Post by congochris » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Impus wrote:you, you in the really short skirt, do you have a flashlight in your car? A warm blanket? How much water do you keep stored in your home? Would you like to come over to my place after the show and see how a real man does it?
Best pickup line ever. :lol:

Impus

Post by Impus » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:46 am

Four days to the event. We got press in the Gazette, where I did not advertise, and nothing from the Indy, where I did submit a listing. Whatever.

Meeting at Meadowmuffins 2:PM today; get comfortable with the venue, maybe have some fried food and beer, discuss a few things.

congochris

Post by congochris » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Any possibility of scanning the gazette article or linking it?

Oldfart and I are going to try to make it, but between the blown down fence and psychochick having another commitment at 3:30 4ish, it's going to be interesting.

Sgtlucky1987

Post by Sgtlucky1987 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:06 pm

I'll be down there carpooling with Sandman.

Abacus
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Abacus » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Squirrley and I can be there, when do you need us?
ImageImage

madwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Days of Darkness!

Post by madwolf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:16 pm

It only occured to me yesterday that is even happens on a school night :(

My classes are only one night a week each, so a lot happens in that one night. It is possible I can still go as long as I make it to class at 5:30pm, drop off my homework, pick up next weeks homework and split, but, that is if anyone is willing to head down to the event that late and give me a ride.

Any takers?

Otherwise I may have to skip it :oops:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:02 pm

I’ll be presenting until 5pm on the 24th in Englewood. It’s a two day presentation so will stay the night. This means I will be at the venue at 6:30pmish, but can stay later for clean-up. I could bring general disaster preparedness brochures and ZS brochures if you want an info table. It wouldn’t hurt to have some food bank brochures to hand out. I also have single use donation cans for the cash donations. It’s secure and we will not have to take fiscal responsibility of the money only the cans. This is always the best solution when we have third party fund raisers. I can FedEx the cans tomorrow if we decide to go that route. I’m looking forward to Tuesday night, good job all for the work that went into this.

Impus

Post by Impus » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Firestorm: YES, PLEASE. Good ideas! This is our first event of this nature, and I expect we'll get better at it as we go. Any chance you can pick up Madwolf?

Anyone who wants to crash at my place (10 Min from the venue) the night before the event, or the night of rather than drive home, you are welcome.

Paladyne
Favorite Zombie Movies: "XXX of the Dead" George Romero movies
Dawn of the Dead 2004 Remake
28 Days/Weeks later
Resident Evil Series

Post by Paladyne » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I'll spot you Madwolf - I've seen NOTLD enough times already, would hate to miss REC tho. :)

I'll give you a call a few hours beforehand to iron out whatever details may exist.

I can also act as backup transportation in case we're hauling chairs and whatnot.

madwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Days of Darkness!

Post by madwolf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Paladyne wrote:I'll spot you Madwolf - I've seen NOTLD enough times already, would hate to miss REC tho. :)

I'll give you a call a few hours beforehand to iron out whatever details may exist.

I can also act as backup transportation in case we're hauling chairs and whatnot.
Right on, thanks man. I'll make this as logistically easy as possible.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Just a day to go! Any last minute things that need to get done?

I was planning on wearing my ZS shirt, multicam pants, and ZS hoodie. I think we talked about wearing shirts to look 'official', but now I can't remember - 'specially with us not being ZS yet. I'm guessing that doesn't matter, but I figured I'd ask.
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Need help, I missed the Fedex cut off to get donation cans mailed. Can someone meet me in Denver on your way down so i can hand off some goodies.

Impus

Post by Impus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:55 am

Firestorm, drop Neil, Dale, or Squirrelly a line.

Again, I'll be at the venue about Noon to start setting up.

Meadowmuffins
2432 W Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
(719) 633-0583

There's a parking lot right behind the building, if that's full there's a large public lot just to the West of the private lot, behind the doll shop.

congochris

Post by congochris » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 am

I'll be there after work, so probably 5-ish or so.

Return to “Meeting room”