COZS Food Drive

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Impus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Die, You Zombie Bastards!

COZS Food Drive

Post by Impus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:19 pm

OK people, we have an event in the works. Time to mobilize.

The Date:
Tuesday, Feb. 24 2009

The Venue:
Meadow Muffins
2432 West Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80904

A web review of the venue:
http://www.restaurantrow.com/moreinfo.cfm?code=115552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Charity:
http://www.foodbankrockies.org/site/Pag ... ename=Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tech Spec:
The room is a dance floor, so we have a built-in sound system. Poorimpulsecontrol has access to a projector and a 6,8, or 9 foot wide screen. He will be working the A/V

What we still need:
40 folding chairs (venue has 30. 70 total should be enough)
One zombie movie, possibly two as we can have the room for the entire evening
Promo materials made up; A flyer and printing, copy for local radio and print media
2-3 people to play security
1-2 people to take donations
1-2 people to MC
1-2 Zombies for ambiance

Other Ideas:

Meadowmuffins goes 21+ at 9:00 PM, so if we can get a more youth friendly zombie movie to show around 6:00 PM, we could do that and a full-on R or unrated film at 9:00 PM. We should have access to the room for setup pretty much all day. Their "dinner rush" is 5:30-8:00 PM, so if we can think in terms of working with that, we're doing the venue some extra good.

If we can get an indy film, or even better, a local indy film, we'd be helping a small-time filmaker as well as some hungry folk. Anyone know someone?

We should probably have our next public event ready to go by the time this one happens so we can promote that event at the end of this one. Captive audience and all that.

If we can get a few items to give away, we can hold a "put your name and email in the hat, and we'll pick a winner" thing. Might help with advertising the next event and recruiting. If someone wants to deal with putting on a raffle, and doing it all legal-like, I'm OK with that, too. But the hat seems simpler.

A costume contest with DVDs as prizes? Best Zombie? Best Zombie Hunter?

A short preparedness PSA? Any thespians out there?

Since we're not doing this as Zombie Squad, we'll probably have to do without ZS literature, merch, or using it as a membership drive. Let's just have a good time watching zombie movies in a cool bar/restaurant with some friends and collect some food for the hungry.
Let Me Die Not Quietly, But Valiantly And Violently

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

firestorm

Re: COZS Food Drive

Post by firestorm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Minus the creative artsy stuff I can do the printing. In house I can print 18x24 and have kick ass deals for all other printing. I’m sure we can use the ZS tri-fold, just not advertise as ZS. I’m in, this will kick ass.

The Highwayman
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series

Post by The Highwayman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:37 pm

If someone's willing to fly me out there, I'm more than willing to work security........ 8)

Seriously though, good luck y'all, and good on ya!
Join ZS:17- FL

RIP Hk33k

Impus

Post by Impus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Firestorm: The venue is going to include us in their regular advertising schedule, if we can make up some posters to put in local businesses that will get their name out there as a place where things happen, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Impus

Post by Impus » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:23 pm

DON'T TREAD ON ME wrote:If someone's willing to fly me out there, I'm more than willing to work security........ 8)
If you can get your own ass out here you've got a place to stay. In return for security services, of course.

Dirt_Napper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil franchise, Quarantine

Post by Dirt_Napper » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Impus,

Looks good so far. Here's my thoughts:

Movies: Standard: Dawn of the Dead, Special: either Special Dead or REC

I'm willing to fill any of the volunteer positions, I'm not picky. I'm even willing to do double duty as a zombie/whatever, if necessary. Have we got someone who can do the make-up for our zombie volunteers?

I'm thinking that a minimum of 5 cans per person or $5.00 without for admission is a good place to start. Five bucks for a zombie double features ain't a bad deal in my mind, I'd go for it if.

So far as the flyers and posters go, what about bringing a couple of laptops along to breakfast on Saturday the 3rd, and we can hammer out a couple of rough ideas for flyers and posters?

Dirt
"I'm afraid we have a zombie problem." - Frank West

LtCmdLeia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by LtCmdLeia » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm gonna talk to my teens about this. I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to be zombies until 9pm. I think we have all the makeup needed already. I haven't done theatrical makeup in years but I can practice before then.

I may have some supplies I can donate for the drawing.
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" ... Senator Padmé Amidala, Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

ImageImageImage

madwolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Days of Darkness!

Post by madwolf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:51 pm

I'll do just about any job that needs doing. Point me in a direction and I'll go.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:42 pm

I'll volunteer my services for just about any work, not so hip on the thespian stuff tho. Sorry lol.
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

madwolf

Post by madwolf » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:05 pm

Squirrley wrote:not so hip on the thespian stuff tho...
Are you crazy?! I love that stu.... oh, wait... "thespian"...

Nevermind :oops:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Here's the IMDb on the 2nd movie we talked about, REC: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also our thread: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 13&t=28102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aaaand my sauce: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4102768 ... P.XViD-iKA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its in Spanish, with subs. I don't know much about all this fancy video stuff, but the subs on the copy I have are blocky/pixelated, after I finish watching it I'll screw around a bit and see if I can make it more 'normal'. Not enough to make them illegible or anything, just not very professional looking. I can burn some CDs with a copy of it for the next meeting (17th? Pegasus? yes yes?) for people that want a copy - .avi format, w/ some subtitle files. Anyone want a copy? I'm assuming we don't want to try and watch it at the meeting cause that might be a lot of work to try an set up, but I'd not be apposed to the idea.

I'm watching it right now and holy fuck I hate little zombie girls good god almighty kill her with fire. Also oh sweet jesus they're all gonna die

So after I finished watching it, and put my face back on, I tried messing around with the subtitles and couldn't figure much out. They're perfectly functional, but perhaps someone with more experience with fancy video stuff can make them look prettier.
Gundown wrote:Then I saw the bear and thought... holy shit this rum is fucking awesome!

Impus

Post by Impus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:11 am

congochris

Post by congochris » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:57 pm

I think squirrley got into his stash of hiking chocolate he got for christmas... :lol:

I should be able to attend, not picky on what I do. Not too keen on being a zombie, though.. I'm a techie not an actor.

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:15 pm

No, that freakin little girl is fuckin scary man.

Impus

Post by Impus » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

...Me, Leia, Squirrelly, Nirtnapper, Chris, Madwolf, and Impulse on AV... That's seven zombie hunters committed so far, plus maybe a couple of teen zombies :D .Anyone else in?

We still need 40 folding chairs. I have a lead, but nothing I can count on as of now. Ideas?

I've got someone working on the flyers/posters, they're looking good! Hopefully I can get them to Firestorm and he can get them printed in time for us to hand them out at the next meeting. We'll see.

Firestorm, I have a question or two about our printing resources. Call me.

Squirrelly, let me know if your copy of REC is going to work OK. If not, we need to ask someone on the boards to send us a good copy.

Impulse, shoot me a line and let's talk about doing a dry run sometime. Check out the venue, test the sound system, play the movies, etc.

Thought to throw out there: Do we all want to be wearing ZS shirts? Do we all have them?

Squirrley

Post by Squirrley » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:39 pm

I think it'll work just fine - I'll bring a copy to the meeting. Anyone got a laptop with a media player that can do .avi and load subtitles from a separate file?

randomusername
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by randomusername » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Someone PM me with time of day specifics and security details, I work for a private security firm here in town and could do the gig free if it fits my schedule.

madwolf

Post by madwolf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 pm

ZS shirts would be good, I don't have one, though I can easily acquire one.

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:30 am

Imp, it was a crazy day at the office today, I'll call you am Thursday. As far as printing, I can print 18x24 and flyer at no cost. Anything above that it will cost us.

Impus

Post by Impus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:19 am

firestorm wrote:Imp, it was a crazy day at the office today, I'll call you am Thursday. As far as printing, I can print 18x24 and flyer at no cost. Anything above that it will cost us.
Color? Glossy paper? Silkscreened panties?

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:23 am

Color on glossy poster paper. The hand outs will be color on standard paper.

Impus

Post by Impus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:38 am

Firetorm: Thanks! I have a couple of files I'd like to send you, but the email addy I have for you (centennial) tends to spit things back at me. I'll send 'em in the next few minutes anyway, but if they don't show contact me with an alternate route. Note: the files I'm sending are not the finished product, but we can use them if we get into a time crunch. Oh, and if you want to post them here for folks' viewing pleasure, that's fine.

firestorm

Post by firestorm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Are you sending them to godinezj@centennialarc.org ??

Impus

Post by Impus » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Djep, that's the one. I have gotten mailerdeamon problem messages from that one before, but these seem to have gone thru as I sent them about three hours ago, and no returns.

Return to “Meeting room”