Canada, Doomed?

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Dace

Canada, Doomed?

Post by Dace » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:03 pm

Hey everyone. I've been checking out the ZS site and forums for about 2 years now on and off. Though only just signed up for an account. One thing I've never seen is another member who is Canadian. :?

Am I the only one in Canada who intends to survive a PAW?

Point, I'm looking for other Canadian members. Good to stay in touch wih them or at least know they exist I think.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:05 pm

There are a bunch of Canadians...there's even a Canadian ZS chapter...how hard have you been looking... :roll:

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Dace

Post by Dace » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Not hard evidently :D

BTW. Who would I speak to about getting abilities to post in that chapter?

Dace

Post by Dace » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:07 am

Oooh. I see. Members only area. I figured those were just plain invisible to non members.

Very well.

I'll apply next pay check ;)

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:24 am

Welcome to Zombie Squad from Northern New York!

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 am

Not only do we have a pretty large Canadian member base, we also have a Canadian Mod, Mugwug.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Horatio_Tyllis
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead 2004
Special Dead
Dead before Dawn 3d

Post by Horatio_Tyllis » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:32 am

*clears throat* ahem.... I'm ALSO a mod... and Ontario chapter president. Hi! pm me if you want to get in contact with us.

fucking grifter
Winter driving guide: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... =6&t=82858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zimmy wrote:Intelligent safety conscious fireman snuffing telekinetic golems?
Our heroes are doomed without Gyrojet pistols firing antimatter tipped rockets!

ZapThyCat

Post by ZapThyCat » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:34 am

Generally, I think Canadians need less help surviving PAW than Americans...

Simply because the weather IS a little more severe up there, generally, Canadians are a tad tougher than the typical Californian, who wouldn't know how to drive in the snow, much less how to survive without electricity for a couple days.

I know several people who are too fearful to drive on the freeway... and that's in good weather :-/
~Jarrod~

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:10 am

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:*clears throat* ahem.... I'm ALSO a mod... and Ontario chapter president. Hi! pm me if you want to get in contact with us.

fucking grifter
Oooops! Sorry bro, it was 8am on a Saturday and I was at work. My brain wasn't working yet.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

TheMonkeyMan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheMonkeyMan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:38 pm

Yay for Canada! OK Im not exactly in your neck of the woods but same country. Im just wondering how lonely I'll be in the ZPAW out here on the cold prairie.

Rob
TheMonkeyMan! Brought to you from the city that rhymes with fun.
I survived Zombie Con 2008!
I was sullied by Manbath in 2008!

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Dace,

Just an observation, but you shouldn't have your finger on the trigger of the pistol in your profile pic. Gun safety, you know. :wink:

-Blast

Gunny

Post by Gunny » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:17 pm

Horatio_Tyllis wrote:*clears throat* ahem.... I'm ALSO a mod... and Ontario chapter president. Hi! pm me if you want to get in contact with us.

fucking grifter
You're a mod?!?

I thought you were just a damn good chef.

(PS Just finished off another canadian coke this morning, I heart you)

NickHTK

Post by NickHTK » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Eastern Ontario checking in....

BangBangTequila
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both) Shaun of the Dead, I Am Legend, Day of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead...

Re:

Post by BangBangTequila » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:11 pm

ZapThyCat wrote:Generally, I think Canadians need less help surviving PAW than Americans...

Simply because the weather IS a little more severe up there, generally, Canadians are a tad tougher than the typical Californian, who wouldn't know how to drive in the snow, much less how to survive without electricity for a couple days.

I know several people who are too fearful to drive on the freeway... and that's in good weather :-/
Hahahaha, I've been driving on the highways since I was twelve, and I live in the country around Ottawa.

Canadians rule.

Oh, and a shout out from Ottawa to you Canadians (And the yanks too).
Lee-Enfield no1 mkIII, Piranhas.

BigDanInTX
Favorite Zombie Movies: Walking Dead (TV Counts, right?)
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead ;-]

Re: Canada, Doomed?

Post by BigDanInTX » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Canada... It's where the Crown Royal comes from... ;-]

I need to get a couple more liters for my Bug-In preps... lmao

squirrelstryker
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Land of the Dead
I am Legend

Post by squirrelstryker » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:12 pm

Anyone else out in British Columbia??? I can't be the only one since we are the third largest province after all.

FlungPup
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido

Post by FlungPup » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm

I'm in Vancouver, near UBC, so I'm looking out for the illusive Pacific Rotting Fin Zombies.
Swing Your Fists While You Still Have Them!

"Successful outcomes breed bullshit solutions." - Paul Gomez

mr_dave
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 [Days|Weeks] Later, Tremors

Re:

Post by mr_dave » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:04 pm

ZapThyCat wrote:Generally, I think Canadians need less help surviving PAW than Americans...

Know how to drive in the snow? By the end of a prairie winter I need to relearn how to drive on pavement!

Albertan here (please don't hold it against me), checking in. I know I've seen one or two locals on the forums here. Not enough to get a regular group together let alone a chapter built up, I don't think.
Erik wrote:For CCW, I recommend a .50 caliber round. It's pointy and just the right size you can grip it in your hand and stab it through the eye or stomach of your assailant.

meatshieldChris
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Evil Dead trilogy

Post by meatshieldChris » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Winterpeg, Manisnowba, Canada.

My favorite joke: you know you're from Canada when your eyelids freeze shut and you don't panic. I often win the "oohh man it's cold" competitions between my buddies across canada.

hell, all you have to do is bunker down till the winter, then all the zeds freeze and you can take your time with disposal. and ask any canadian how to dress warm. even if they're stupid and don't, they know how to or know someone that does.

Deschain
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, Fido

Post by Deschain » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:11 am

GTA, Ontario. There's a few of us...but it seems we're pretty spread out. Anyone else from the GTA?

Deschain
Control the things you can control, maggot. Let everything else take a flying fuck at you, and if you must go down, go down with your guns blazing.- Cort

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
-General Mattis

De-Domesticating the Modern Male

coyotebc

Post by coyotebc » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:33 pm

From the left coast here, not far from Vancouver

Copperhead
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by Copperhead » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:41 am

Hey I am new and from Canada too. Ottawa actually.
I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. - R.A.Heinlein

DrthTater

Post by DrthTater » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:06 am

BangBangTequila
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both) Shaun of the Dead, I Am Legend, Day of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead...

Post by BangBangTequila » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am

Hahahha, I like that. And has anyone else had an eyelid frozen shut? It was hell. Luckly it was just my truck ol' Blue and I on the road so my lack of depth perception didn't hit me hard for the few minutes I needed to crank my heat up.

And guys with few numbers, don't dispair, Canadians excel at forming small man strike teams. Look how we saved Haiti and we only had 9 guys there. Especially in the praries. It'd take the zombies days to sneak up on you.
Lee-Enfield no1 mkIII, Piranhas.

Return to “Meeting room”