NC Meet and Greet

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Crazy Wolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: NC Meet and Greet

Post by Crazy Wolf » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 am

dorton wrote:The weather has been beautiful for the last few days!
We need to do an outing before the weather gets nasty hot in a
couple of months.
Yeah, who here in the Asheville area is interested in meeting up and doing some wandering? I'll be around for about a month or so, then I'm not in the area for a while.
Nim's text key: SARCASM, WTF R U DOIN, Nice, I like, Inane statement
The phrase "surgical strike" might be more acceptable if it were common to perform surgery with high explosives. (G. Carlin)
ImageImage

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey Crazy Wolf! I was talking to Small Fry about maybe doing a dinner meetup weekend after next. I would love to do a cookout at our place sometime, but Hendersonville might be a bit far for some. Willing to do whatever, pretty much whenever.
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm

How does this look for a possible campout spot for NC and surrounding areas? http://www.danrivercamping.com/default. ... Directions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check it out and let me know.
ZSC025 President
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

dorton

Post by dorton » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Thats a pretty nice area. I'd be in.

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 am

Might be a possibility for me!

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Post by grand94jeep » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:33 pm

May be a possibility for me as well.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

Murphy Slaw

Post by Murphy Slaw » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Wait for it... wait for it...

Sorry, it's too far for me to get away. I can't wander too far from home what with the animals and all...

Sheesh, what's up with NC anyway... gosh...
I have a Photogenic memory - I only remember things which make me look good

“In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use.”
- Achille Marozzo, 1536

safariteam5

Post by safariteam5 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 pm

I live just a couple miles from there. Let me know when and I am almost certainly in.
De Oppresso Liber

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:58 pm

safariteam5 wrote:I live just a couple miles from there. Let me know when and I am almost certainly in.
Cool! Are you aware of shooting ranges, activities, etc. in the area? It looked like there might be quite a bit to do there.
ZSC025 President

Kitsune
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's Dawn, Dawn remake, Shaun, Romero's Night, 28 Days later.

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:30 am

That is a few hours from me, but I might be able to get up there.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! :mrgreen:
ZSC025 President

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm

I live out on the coast here, but i love to find some good weekend campgrounds. Anyone who wants to meet up in the ENC area. Hell, if y'all got anything going on out west, lemme know and I might be able to roll out.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 am

Anyone making it to the gunshow in Raleigh next weekend?
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

NoSt8mnt
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombie land. shaun of the dead. 28 weeks later.

Post by NoSt8mnt » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 am

Shadowsbane wrote:Anyone making it to the gunshow in Raleigh next weekend?
when and where? ill be in Raleigh for the next couple weeks.

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:02 am

May 1st and 2nd at the fairgrounds
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Doc Torr wrote:I live out on the coast here, but i love to find some good weekend campgrounds. Anyone who wants to meet up in the ENC area. Hell, if y'all got anything going on out west, lemme know and I might be able to roll out.
The Place I was looking at is in the North Middle of the State, hoping it would be more of a possibility for people to get there.
ZSC025 President

Braums
Favorite Zombie Movies: Orig. Dawn of the Dead, Gangs of the Dead

Post by Braums » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Shadowsbane wrote:May 1st and 2nd at the fairgrounds
My wife and I will be there, most likely on Saturday.

safariteam5

Post by safariteam5 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm

NoAmnesty wrote:
safariteam5 wrote:I live just a couple miles from there. Let me know when and I am almost certainly in.
Cool! Are you aware of shooting ranges, activities, etc. in the area? It looked like there might be quite a bit to do there.
I'm not aware of any ranges but I'll look around and see what I can find out.
De Oppresso Liber

cthulhukitty
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Shawn of the Dead those are my top two.

Post by cthulhukitty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Look into the Uwharrie National Forest. They have a range and a campground.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's near Asheboro where the zoo is.
Later,
Kitty

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." H.P. Lovecraft

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer

Post by NoAm » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm

See guys! We can do this! The Preparedness Seminar we were at yesterday had a guest speaker from the NC Ranger's.
http://www.NCRangers.org
They do OASIS trainings and are willing to train anywhere in the state. One seminar they do is on self storage of food, we would just bring our own supplies. This is one event we could do during the campout, hopefully some shooting, lots of fun and bs'ing will be a must! :D
Great ideas and input! Thank you!
ZSC025 President

JohnnyMayhem

Post by JohnnyMayhem » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

cthulhukitty wrote:Look into the Uwharrie National Forest. They have a range and a campground.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I couldn't find the range listed on the site Where, When and what are the fees? (I want to go shooting, but just don't want to hit the indoor range)

Plus I want to get my shotgun out and go play!
Art Vs Mayhem
www.johnnymayhem.com

grand94jeep

Post by grand94jeep » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm

JohnnyMayhem wrote:
cthulhukitty wrote:Look into the Uwharrie National Forest. They have a range and a campground.

I couldn't find the range listed on the site Where, When and what are the fees? (I want to go shooting, but just don't want to hit the indoor range)

It's called Flintrock Shooting range or something like that. It's $3 per day IIRC. I don't recommend it thought. It's just a simple range and every drunk "bubba" has access to it.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

cthulhukitty
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Shawn of the Dead those are my top two.

Post by cthulhukitty » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm

grand94jeep wrote:
JohnnyMayhem wrote:

It's called Flintrock Shooting range or something like that. It's $3 per day IIRC. I don't recommend it thought. It's just a simple range and every drunk "bubba" has access to it.
Darn, I poked around and I couldn't find a range near the Dan River camp. I'll keep looking.
Later,
Kitty

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die." H.P. Lovecraft

grand94jeep

Post by grand94jeep » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Still have the range Piratetech and I attend in Siler City. I'm sure we can find camping around there.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

~Ronald Reagan~

Return to “Meeting Room”