NC Meet and Greet

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Re: NC Meet and Greet

Post by grand94jeep » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 am

I'm up for suggestions.

I don't frequent gun shows much, since I've lost my FT job.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

hdandb

Post by hdandb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:58 am

Gun shows are no go for me as well. Maybe when prices come down a little or start to even out, but it iritates me when go to the shows latley.

But what about this http://rushhourkarting.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; OR
http://local.yahoo.com/results?stx=rest ... t=96929155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just pick one
Unorthodox wrote:I'm here to generally help you out but I do have the power to make your day shit. If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. Comply with my simple and straight forward requests and everything goes smoothly...don't and it doesn't go smoothly. Thats it.
That sounds about right, ?

Cinncinatus

Post by Cinncinatus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 pm

SkullGirl wrote:I think the best idea for a first time meet-up should be something low key like a lunch/dinner thing, so we can all get a chance to meet and then decide what types of activities we would like to start doing together.
Braums wrote:Been a bit since I posted. October is looking a little crazy for me but, I agree with SkullGirl that a more casual meet and greet would be a good start. We could easily do a meetup at one of the local bookstores or coffeeshops. FYI, the next Dixie Gun and Knife show is November 21 & 22.
I like the casual initial meeting idea as well, besides past meetings have been gunshow centered and havent worked out well.

would anyone like to sugest some/a specific place to meet? and if october is crazy is november better?

Kitsune
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's Dawn, Dawn remake, Shaun, Romero's Night, 28 Days later.

Post by Kitsune » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Wow, it has been awhile since I popped my head into the NC meet and greet thread. I also agree that a casual thing for a first meet is a good idea. If everyone decides to do something in early november I have a chance of being able to make it. If not then when I am officially back from Iraq I am definatly interested in getting the meet and greets rolling.

Braums
Favorite Zombie Movies: Orig. Dawn of the Dead, Gangs of the Dead

Post by Braums » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm

For those of us in the Raleigh area, there's a Borders at Wake Forest rd and Six Forks (shopping center across from Costco) or off of Walnut St. in Cary that are meet up friendly and near a couple of places to eat if folks want to hang out a bit. Also, there's a Barnes & Nobles at Crabtree or a Caribou Coffee nearby if that is more convenient. Most are open to monthly get togethers if we want to make this a regular thing.

Next week is out for me but an evening the following week is a possibility as long as it's not Wednesday.

If anyone is interested, my wife and I are going to Wilson this Sat for a concealed carry class and I think they still have some openings.

piratetech
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (original)

Post by piratetech » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

I will be out of town all next week but after that I am down to drive out to Raleigh for a meet and greet at one of the bookstores. Whichever everybody thinks would be best for the first meetup.
I wanna stand between Necro and USMC for the ultimate "blow" job... wait... that came out wrong... :lol: -Grand94Jeep

Cinncinatus

Post by Cinncinatus » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Braums wrote:For those of us in the Raleigh area, there's a Borders at Wake Forest rd and Six Forks (shopping center across from Costco) or off of Walnut St. in Cary that are meet up friendly and near a couple of places to eat if folks want to hang out a bit. Also, there's a Barnes & Nobles at Crabtree or a Caribou Coffee nearby if that is more convenient. Most are open to monthly get togethers if we want to make this a regular thing.

Next week is out for me but an evening the following week is a possibility as long as it's not Wednsday.
unless anyone has any better ideas...
i looked up the locations on google earth and it looks like the cary Borders off walnut street is the best bet since its close to I-40/I-440.

Braums

Post by Braums » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:23 pm

How does Monday, Oct. 26th at the aforementioned Borders say at 7:00pm sound for those interested?

piratetech

Post by piratetech » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Sounds good to me
I wanna stand between Necro and USMC for the ultimate "blow" job... wait... that came out wrong... :lol: -Grand94Jeep

hdandb

Post by hdandb » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Thats fine with me, actually any time is good for me.
Unorthodox wrote:I'm here to generally help you out but I do have the power to make your day shit. If you're nice to me, I'm nice to you. Comply with my simple and straight forward requests and everything goes smoothly...don't and it doesn't go smoothly. Thats it.
That sounds about right, ?

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Oct 26th is good for me.

SkullGirl

Post by SkullGirl » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:48 am

I will be traveling that day. Hope you guys have a good meet up.
- Bacon is like a little hug from GOD

Braums

Post by Braums » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:57 pm

Hopefully this will become a regular thing. Anyway, this way you don't have to deal with all the unwashed testosterone. :)

Cinncinatus

Post by Cinncinatus » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Braums wrote:How does Monday, Oct. 26th at the aforementioned Borders say at 7:00pm sound for those interested?

monday the 26 works for me too. See y'all there.
p.s. what should we do to recognize eachother? i dont have a ZS shirt yet and im not shure ill get one... any ideas?

Braums

Post by Braums » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 am

I'll get there early and have a copy of one of the ZS Zombie Targets on the table.

Post by avatar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Ahh, this sucks. Mondays aren't good for me. That's cool though, I'll try and catch you guys on the next one. Maybe a range day one weekend sometime?

piratetech

Post by piratetech » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:10 pm

BUMP!

Oh and I'll probably be running a few minutes late depending on how ugly traffic is from Chapel Hill that night

JohnnyMayhem

Post by JohnnyMayhem » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:59 am

Ok, well, the moving truck gets here around 1PM so I should be out there late tomorrow night.
Art Vs Mayhem
www.johnnymayhem.com

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:34 am

I'll have a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide. I think we have plenty enough people for a chapter :mrgreen:

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Post by grand94jeep » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 pm

USMCSergeant wrote:I'll have a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide. I think we have plenty enough people for a chapter :mrgreen:
Keep in mind, to be an official chapter we'll need to abide by the rules of being an actual ZS Chapter. Someone PM a MOD if you wanna make things official. They have a list of requirements.

I tried this a few years back and Michelle and Kyle sent me the info. I've since deleted the email, but it was a lot more than just getting together to talk about Zeds.

I'm not sure about the 26th. yet. I'll know a day or two before and post if I can come.

ETA.. I found this in another post. Just to give and idea of what required for starting a chapter....
The chapter agreement changes often but at the moment, to give you a vague overview, chapters require the following:

1) Members: Three active Zombie Squad members to act as the responsible coordinators or officers of the chapters. Just like the ZS board of directors, there can be more than the three officers on the chapter committee making decisions but on paper we need 3 members.

2) Events: The members must host at least one charity even on their own before being considered for chapter status. This will show how the teams work together and evidence that they can perform what we're looking for. Once chapter status is granted there must be at least 2 charity events hosted a year (blood drive, food drive, clothing drive, local charity fundraiser, highway clean up, etc).

3) Regular meetings: Chapters must meet at least once every other month to plan events and put together a status update for HQ. We'll have a form put together for that to make this easy. There must also be at least 3 public meetings a year for the local public. This is a great recruiting tool.

There isn't much to it. There is a chapter agreement that must be signed and notarized by each officer of the chapter and a status form that needs to be filled out periodically so we know what's going on.

We also have a simple form that needs to be submitted to us for each event that is held. This is mostly so we can put the information for the even on the website to help advertising but also so we have an opportunity to share information on who we ran events.

The chapters and the board will learn from each other’s experiences to perfect hosting events and help new upcoming chapters. It's all about networking.

We're having chapters run events and basically do what we have been do ing in St. Louis for the past several years and adjusting the chapter agreement as we see potential problems to protect ourselves and make sure the chapter is fully responsible for their own actions in their chapter's region.

If you're still interested, drop me an e-mail as kyle@zombiehunters.org and I'll pass your interest on to the board members.
Last edited by grand94jeep on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:07 pm

Charlotte Zombie Walk Sunday October 11

I am not affiliated and I won't be there. I might confuse a costumed human for a zombie and try to re-dead them. That's a liability I don't want to deal with.
Mostly not here anymore.

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:23 pm

PM sent to a mod about the chapter info.

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Cinncinatus wrote:
Braums wrote:How does Monday, Oct. 26th at the aforementioned Borders say at 7:00pm sound for those interested?

monday the 26 works for me too. See y'all there.
p.s. what should we do to recognize eachother? i dont have a ZS shirt yet and im not shure ill get one... any ideas?

Hmm If I make it I will be the one with the two eyes, right above his one nose.

Less than a mile from my apartment. But, my job sucks, so we shall see.
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

Kitsune
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero's Dawn, Dawn remake, Shaun, Romero's Night, 28 Days later.

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:04 pm

As per usual I will be unable to attend. But as soon as I am back in the states I am game.

-Edit-

BTW, If anyone wants to hit me up; you can message me on yahoo messenger, which I am logged onto everday unless
I am asleep or running a mission,

Return to “Meeting room”