Dragoncon 2016

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Dragoncon 2016

Post by A Zombie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Hey everyone, who plans on going to Dragoncon this year?

For those of you who don't know about Dragoncon, check it out. http://dragoncon.org/. It's a 70,000+ person sci-fi, gaming, comic, anime, tons of other stuff convention in Atlanta. A lot to do, a lot to see. If most of what I just mentioned doesn't interest you, one of the tracks that we have worked with in the past is the Apocalypse Rising track. http://apocalypserising.dragoncon.org/. Zombie walk, Zombie prom, panels and classes on all things zombie, apoc, post apoc, and some survival discussions and classes.

ZSC016 tabled there last year and had a great time. Rumor has it ZS used to have a huge presence at the convention, participating in the parade, hosting the prom, leading a couple panels, that sort of thing. If we can get enough interest, some of us wouldn't mind seeing that happen again.

Even if we don't participate in all of that, it would be good to see some fellow ZS members and hang out.

Let us know if you're planning on coming out. It's not until September, you have plenty of time.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

A Zombie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Dragoncon 2016

Post by A Zombie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:53 pm

BUMP!

Hey guys! Just an update. This year we plan on walking in the parade (potentially alongside/interacting with a Resident Evil group, or solo), participating in the zombie walk (last year they asked us to do "security" or zombie-herding, exactly what we're doing is still being figured out) and we might do something with the zombie prom. In addition to the tabling, obviously.

If any of that interests you, or you planned on showing up anyway, let us know! We'd love to see ya guys there.
-A. Zombie

"All we wanna do is eat your brains. We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes"

"I went to Raccoon City and all I got was this lousy T-virus"

Slugg
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Book of Eli
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Re: Dragoncon 2016

Post by Slugg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Bump, I'm going to go. Have my 4 day pass paid for and hotel reserved. See you all there.
The future is for those who prepare.

Return to “Meeting room”