It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Overseas gig for ZSers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:16 pm 

I've broached this subject before with the management and haven't ever gotten a definitive answer so I'm just throwing it out there.

I've got a pretty easy gig in the pipeline in Afghanistan but it is short-fused, as in, the next three weeks.
Pay: $205/day
Duration: April-Dec 2015
Accomodations: 4-man rooms/chowhall food
Transportation: Commercial in/out
Vacation: Paid, two-weeks in the next nine months with a commercial ticket to wherever you choose
Requirement: Active clearance, passport and some ECP/Security experience, mentally and physically capable of deploying.

Before you squawk about the pay, remember it's not 2007. This is an easy, unarmed gig and a decent opportunity if you can jam on short notice.

PM me if interested.
Mods, if this is in the wrong spot, please move it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:37 pm 

All slots filled. Thanks to those who sent resumes.

Might have another 6-8 slots open in May.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:21 pm 

Just wanted to post a public "Thanks" to you KYZ for looking out for all of us. Semper Fi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm 

We're fixing to complete the turnover with current NATO guys on this mission and I'm guessing I'll have a few more slots to fill, so if you've got a passport and a clearance and are looking for some overseas work, send me a PM.

Additionally, I anticipate picking up a similar contract in September for 12-16 contractors; again, PM me if you might be interested.

KYZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:11 am 

I'm wrapping up the turnover of this contract and it looks like we'll be good to go on 1 May but I can always use a few people who are interested in this type of gig. The contractors are living pretty comfortably: two-man rooms, chowhall (DFAC) meal cards, 6 8-hour a week shifts, cell phones, internet etc paid for.

I realize the pay on this one isn't the crazy amounts folks are got 3-5 years ago, but it's decent for the state of the draw down of our activities in Afghanistan.

In a few months I'll be looking for folks for an identical gig here in Afghanistan; same requirements, passport, security clearance and mentally and physically fit enough to deploy. PM if you are interested in this kind of work because we are always looking. If you don't have a passport, you should get one ASAP if you are interested in any kind of contracting work. If you don't have a clearance and are interested I can help you with the online clearance process. Just a note, these jobs come and go fast and it is always better to have your paperwork, which in the case of a clearance could take months to complete, done up front.

As always, Mods, if this is inappropriate or in the wrong thread, kill it, move it or banish it to the graveyard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:09 pm 

So, I find myself again looking for folks who might want to do some contract work.

I'm looking for a couple of people with active secret or higher clearances and experience working with Cisco firewalls and/or Lenel access control systems. OEM certs are required.

The gig is in Djibouti and should last about 3 months. CRC is not required.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:45 am 

I am on this gig right now and since this thread had over 600 views I'm assuming that there is at least passing interest in the topic.

Bottom line up front, the pay is decent the conditions are great.
The prime contractor is without a doubt the most prepared host I've ever had. My group got to Djibouti at 0100 and cleared customs an hour later. We were met by a driver and taken to the villa we are now living in. Five guys, five rooms, five bathrooms, and a huge kitchen. Wifi, security, housekeeper, laundry and a driver...amazing. They even paid us our first month's per diem in advance in a mix of US and local currency; this has never happened to me before. They also handed over sim cards for our phones and phone cards to charge them up.

After a day off, they took us to a European style supermarket to stock up on chow, we were badged and started work.
The work is not dangerous but the days are long; we work from 0530 to 1630 six days a week installing access control for some new construction. Think cameras, biometrics, networked lock systems etc.

Not all contracting gigs are like this and some flat out suck, but I can recommend this one with enthusiasm. I expect to see some more work on this contract in the future. If there is interest, I'll post the jobs as they come up. I don't get anything if you take the gig, but you can buy me a beer some day and we'll swap lies.