VIRGINIA '14 "Dock"-A-geddon AAR

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ahenry

Re: VIRGINIA Spring-a-geddon 3-14-2014

Post by ahenry » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:03 pm

Put me down as going! Cant wait. Its been too long!
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

stimpy321972
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead, shaun of the dead

Post by stimpy321972 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:35 pm

ahenry wrote:Put me down as going! Cant wait. Its been too long!

awesome and yes it has.
MaxRite wrote:
BigBossMan wrote: My AR is a precision weapon.
Couldn't agree more. It is a precision weapon. It will jam at the precise moment you need it the most. :)
AK/Glock/Blue Wire w orange stripe/Twinkies

Call Sign: KK4JKV

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:23 pm

I'll be able to come out on Saturday. Meet you guys at the gun range then spend the night. Sorry I cant do more, tax season is a bitch. I'll try and get another zombie target :D
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

stimpy321972

Post by stimpy321972 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 am

mattdcknsn wrote:I'll be able to come out on Saturday. Meet you guys at the gun range then spend the night. Sorry I cant do more, tax season is a bitch. I'll try and get another zombie target :D

Doesn't matter how long, it will be good to see everyone together again :clap:
MaxRite wrote:
Couldn't agree more. It is a precision weapon. It will jam at the precise moment you need it the most. :)

MaxRite

Post by MaxRite » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:20 pm

mattdcknsn wrote:I'll try and get another zombie target :D

My S-12 and 9000 rounds of birdshot is ready. :D :clap:
Image Image

Wraith6761

Post by Wraith6761 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:15 am

I saw where 4x4 is "a good idea" to get to the range, and that makes me wonder...can a normal sedan (specifically, a Mazda 3) get to the campsite itself, or would I be better off borrowing an SUV from my parents? I know I can get my car to off-road once, but it'd be nice if it would be driveable after the off-road experience...
Woods Walker wrote:...I don't think it matters if a backpack has Dora the Explorer on it. Based on my observations from years of hunting and fishing if something looks and acts like prey it will draw in predators.

kcor_77
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Post by kcor_77 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:31 am

Wraith6761 wrote:I saw where 4x4 is "a good idea" to get to the range, and that makes me wonder...can a normal sedan (specifically, a Mazda 3) get to the campsite itself, or would I be better off borrowing an SUV from my parents? I know I can get my car to off-road once, but it'd be nice if it would be driveable after the off-road experience...

You should be fine with your Mazda. The roads to the camp site are usually good to go. If you have any questions about the roads give the Cove a call the people are very friendly. The road to the range is usually a rough ride. You can always ride with someone else to the range.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:40 am

Wraith6761 wrote:I saw where 4x4 is "a good idea" to get to the range, and that makes me wonder...can a normal sedan (specifically, a Mazda 3) get to the campsite itself, or would I be better off borrowing an SUV from my parents? I know I can get my car to off-road once, but it'd be nice if it would be driveable after the off-road experience...
I went there once and a guy drove his Porsche up to the range. I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done. As for around the camp sites, normal cars are fine.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

stimpy321972

Post by stimpy321972 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, I have seen a Dodge Caravan and I believe it was a Prius ? The main road and camground are hard packed gravel up until the front office, then hard packed surface. The only hard road is the one going up the mountain to the range.
MaxRite wrote:

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Okay folks I might not make it as I totaled my truck. I'm fine(just hit my head) but the truck is toast to say the least. I will have to wait till I get my insurance check to get a new one.

This is upsetting as I really want to go do some camping. I might still be able to make it so don't count me out.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Resolute
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by Resolute » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Sorry to hear that man - glad you're alright. I hope you get a check cut soon. At least the truck can be replaced... hardcore damage to your melon wouldn't be so easy.

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 am

Resolute wrote:Sorry to hear that man - glad you're alright. I hope you get a check cut soon. At least the truck can be replaced... hardcore damage to your melon wouldn't be so easy.

I should get the check before the trip. The problem is shopping for a new truck is a long process for me. I tend to make sure I find what I need not what I want. Also the price will make or break me. I have no debt but will end up with some.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Wraith6761

Post by Wraith6761 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:19 am

Wow, that sucks...totaling a vehicle is never fun; neither is having the vehicle total itself (stupid timing belts). Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Good luck on finding the right vehicle for you, it's always been a bit of a challenge for me.
Woods Walker wrote:...I don't think it matters if a backpack has Dora the Explorer on it. Based on my observations from years of hunting and fishing if something looks and acts like prey it will draw in predators.

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 am

kcor_77 wrote:Okay folks I might not make it as I totaled my truck. I'm fine(just hit my head) but the truck is toast to say the least. I will have to wait till I get my insurance check to get a new one.

This is upsetting as I really want to go do some camping. I might still be able to make it so don't count me out.
Sorry to hear that, at least your ok. Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon.

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 am

Yea I'm rushing the insurance company for my check. I will be getting close to 13 grand for my truck. I just don't want to go that much in debt. I am looking for a good truck for around 15-16 grand and not a penny more. I will not go that far in debt.

I have time to get this done before the trip. If I don't get to go I might cry.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

stimpy321972

Post by stimpy321972 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:48 am

Don't cry, just show up :clap:
MaxRite wrote:

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Ok, got the Zombie Target on order. I couldn't help it but I added on some zombie rabbits. Looks like they have big teeth. :D

Wraith6761

Post by Wraith6761 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:03 pm

mattdcknsn wrote:Ok, got the Zombie Target on order. I couldn't help it but I added on some zombie rabbits. Looks like they have big teeth. :D
Zombie rabbits with big pointy teeth? That's terrifying... :lol:
I think I still have some of the hostage series targets to bring along...I'll have to double-check. This range is bring-your-own-stand, right?

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Wraith6761 wrote:
mattdcknsn wrote:Ok, got the Zombie Target on order. I couldn't help it but I added on some zombie rabbits. Looks like they have big teeth. :D
I think I still have some of the hostage series targets to bring along...I'll have to double-check. This range is bring-your-own-stand, right?

I used to be bring your own trash. :) Whatever you want to shoot you have to have a way to mount it. Also, I did NOT buy tannerite. I wanted to find out if that was still allowed before getting any of that. :twisted:

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:27 am

mattdcknsn wrote:
Wraith6761 wrote:

I used to be bring your own trash. :) Whatever you want to shoot you have to have a way to mount it. Also, I did NOT buy tannerite. I wanted to find out if that was still allowed before getting any of that. :twisted:

I have about 10 pounds of tannerite I would be more than happy to bring along. That's if we are allowed to do so. Also the paper work is moving along with my truck. Just started to do some preshopping for a new one.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

stimpy321972

Post by stimpy321972 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:15 am

Hey guys/gals,

We had talked about this briefly during our past outings and I had forgotten to do this until now.

I would like everyone to do a personal contact medical sheet for this trip. We have been lucky so far during our outings, between snakes, dogs, torrential wind ,rain ,chest deeP snow and a fair amount of alcohol mixed in with all the above, oh yeah and an ungodly amount of pancakes (you know who you are ) :ohdear:

So basically I would like:

A simple page with your;

name
address
dob
name of next of kin/emergency contact, their number(s)
any medical problems
any drug or environmental allergies, i.e. (allergic to penicillin, bee stings)
any prescription medications you are currently taking
any religious preferences/issues , i.e. (Morman/LDS members who do not believe/allow blood transfusions), etc, etc

Folded up and placed in a sealed envelope, with your name on the outside and ZS next to it.
Either you can give it to me and I will give it back at the end of the weekend or you can keep it in the glove box of your vehicle, just so we know where to access it in case of an emergency. I deal with CPI/HIPPA on a daily basis and I wouldn't access it or allow anyone else to do so unless I believed that it was a true life-threatening emergency.

If you have issue with this then let me know ! I would hate to have somebody injured and not be able to tell whomever responded important medical information or worse not be able to get in touch with someone's family or spouse and have them worry over your whereabouts/condition.

Thanks,

Stimp
MaxRite wrote:

Murph

Post by Murph » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:18 am

Can do Stimpy!
offcamber - If the weather looks good I'd might show up a day early.
Does your BOB at least have: water, basic tools, fire, food, first-aid kit, and shelter?
"When planning, prepare for the most likely, and then the most catastrophic."
raptor wrote: Being a gun collector does not make you a prepper.
the_alias wrote: Murph has all the diplomacy of a North Korean warhead, but -he has- a valid point

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:36 am

Murph wrote:Can do Stimpy!
offcamber - If the weather looks good I'd might show up a day early.

Yea I'm trying to get there on Thursday. Work don't like it but I don't care what they like. Who else is trying to show up a day or two early?
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

stimpy321972

Post by stimpy321972 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am

Not sure if I can make it on Thursday but should be leaving around 6 am after my duty shift
MaxRite wrote:

Return to “Meeting room”