A post-ZS invitation: www.equipped.org

Place to find and meet up with other members of the ZS community in your area of the world and organize. Note: ZS is not responsible if you find the crazy people.
Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

A post-ZS invitation: www.equipped.org

Post by Blast » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:19 am

I'm still in shock over ZS shutting down, but if you need a replacement may I suggest http://forums.equipped.org/
It started in January of 2001 (yes, it's twenty years old!) and like ZS, we deal with real-world issues (lost in the woods, hurricanes, wildfires) though End of the World scenarios are discouraged. That being said, I think many of you would find a welcome home there. Some of you are there already and can vouch for the quality of the members.
-Blast
Foraging Texas
Medicine Man Plant Co.
DrMerriwether on YouTube
Ham Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

tony d tiger

Re: A post-ZS invitation: www.equipped.org

Post by tony d tiger » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am

Blast wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:19 am
I'm still in shock over ZS shutting down, but if you need a replacement may I suggest http://forums.equipped.org/
It started in January of 2001 (yes, it's twenty years old!) and like ZS, we deal with real-world issues (lost in the woods, hurricanes, wildfires) though End of the World scenarios are discouraged. That being said, I think many of you would find a welcome home there. Some of you are there already and can vouch for the quality of the members.
-Blast
Copy - thx :words:
Tony D Tiger

eugene

Post by eugene » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:00 pm

And when you go over there don't forget to support Doug/ETS/KR with your donations so the lights can be kept on over there.

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:48 am

Blast wrote:
-Blast
Copied and noted. Also, I'm working up a brand new forum that will incorporate a lot of the great features this place has, along with some needed improvements. I can't copy the contents of this place though so it's going to be a fresh start at the new place. On the plus side, there won't be tens of thousands of dead accounts and spammers clogging the works.
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

It's not ZS, it's ... different. 8-)

See you there!

Blast
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Girl With the Gifts

Post by Blast » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:48 am
Copied and noted. Also, I'm working up a brand new forum that will incorporate a lot of the great features this place has, along with some needed improvements. I can't copy the contents of this place though so it's going to be a fresh start at the new place. On the plus side, there won't be tens of thousands of dead accounts and spammers clogging the works.
AWESOME!! I look forward to joining.
-Blast
Foraging Texas
Medicine Man Plant Co.
DrMerriwether on YouTube
Ham Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 am

NT2C wrote:
Blast wrote:
-Blast
I'll be there. With bells on.
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Goodby ZS. I miss thee so.

New forum: ufozs.com

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:38 am

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 am
NT2C wrote:
Blast wrote:
-Blast
I'll be there. With bells on.
Everything old is new again...
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:48 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:38 am

Everything old is new again...
You missed your chance. This is the correct answer.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm

My wife said it should be called:

The.zombies.got.us.org
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Goodby ZS. I miss thee so.

New forum: ufozs.com

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:34 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm

The.zombies.got.us.org
Could drop the .org since .us is a valid TLD.

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:01 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:34 pm
woodsghost wrote:

The.zombies.got.us.org
Oh oh oh oh! Yes, can you, please, pretty please? :rofl: :rofl:
Join us over at the new forum. Same people, same rules, new smell!

https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:01 pm
NT2C wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

The.zombies.got.us.org
Yeah... no. The odds of the domain got.us being available were somewhere between zero and negative infinity, and it isn't. :(

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:51 pm
Halfapint wrote:
NT2C wrote:
woodsghost wrote:

The.zombies.got.us.org
Yeah... no. The odds of the domain got.us being available were somewhere between zero and negative infinity, and it isn't. :(
zombies.R.us?? that seems available.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:14 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm
NT2C wrote:
Halfapint wrote:
NT2C wrote:

A single letter domain? No way is that available...

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:29 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Halfapint wrote:
NT2C wrote:

"XXX.R.us" is unavailable and being held by the Regiatrar "Neustar" Though an email to their support or sales might offer a pricetag.
"ZombiesR.us" is being held by "Efrain Olivares" probably to make a few bucks.
The Horde has left these parts and shambled over to ufozs.com ...

NT2C
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by NT2C » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:05 pm

SCBrian wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:29 pm
MacWa77ace wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Halfapint wrote:

"XXX.R.us" is unavailable and being held by the Regiatrar "Neustar" Though an email to their support or sales might offer a pricetag.
"ZombiesR.us" is being held by "Efrain Olivares" probably to make a few bucks.
Yeah, anything less than a 5 letter domain these days is nigh on impossible to find.

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

CrossCut
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by CrossCut » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 am

Blast wrote:
It started in January of 2001 (yes, it's twenty years old!) and like ZS, we deal with real-world issues (lost in the woods, hurricanes, wildfires) though End of the World scenarios are discouraged.
Where's the fun in that then? They sound like a bunch of Pollyannas :mrgreen:

Couldn't even bring myself to login and comment when I first saw the announcement until I'd had time to process it, for years ZS has been one of the first sites I check each morning just to see how and what you guys are doing (and what I should be doing more of, or doing better) preparedness-wise. I'd really miss that and am glad to hear there's a replacement in the works, I prefer a forum format and am not a fan of other social media formats at all, so thanks NT2C.

Hope to see all you guys and gals at the new site.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm

CrossCut wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 am

Couldn't even bring myself to login and comment when I first saw the announcement until I'd had time to process it, for years ZS has been one of the first sites I check each morning just to see how and what you guys are doing (and what I should be doing more of, or doing better) preparedness-wise. I'd really miss that and am glad to hear there's a replacement in the works, I prefer a forum format and am not a fan of other social media formats at all, so thanks NT2C.

See that’s exactly what I’d do. I have other social media’s usually to keep up to date on the daily goings on of the world, and to see friends and other people doing things I enjoy. ZS has been dead for the last 6 years on FB, we do have a local FB account thst me and a few others post in every once and awhile.

I’m really excited for the new forum NT2C is putting together. Sad that it’ll start fresh but I hope it’ll get the traction of this forum did and hopefully people seeing this site is going foen will get them to the new one.

I will be checking out the equipped site as well.
Join us over at the new forum. Same people, same rules, new smell!

https://ufozs.com/smf/index.php

slipkid42

Post by slipkid42 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:00 am

Halfapint wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm
CrossCut wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:40 am

See that’s exactly what I’d do. I have other social media’s usually to keep up to date on the daily goings on of the world, and to see friends and other people doing things I enjoy. ZS has been dead for the last 6 years on FB, we do have a local FB account thst me and a few others post in every once and awhile.

I’m really excited for the new forum NT2C is putting together. Sad that it’ll start fresh but I hope it’ll get the traction of this forum did and hopefully people seeing this site is going foen will get them to the new one.

I will be checking out the equipped site as well.
Same here, I really like the form format over others. I do not even have a FB account.
How will we be able to find this new site? Nevermind - I read the next post lol
Thank you

airballrad

Post by airballrad » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:17 am

I've been on the forums over at equipped.org for more than a couple minutes, and I'll also speak up to recommend it. It has been one of my go-to resources for a long time along with ZS.
Blast wrote:
-Blast