Fallout 76

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

quazi

Fallout 76

Post by quazi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 am

A new Fallout got teased by Bethesda a little while ago:

I'm pretty excited. Rumors and speculation have been crazy, but Bethesda is supposed to be giving a presentation on what the game is going to be tomorrow.

I'm hoping it will be to Fallout 4 what New Vegas was to Fallout 3, and that it's not just a Battle Royale bandwagon game. I'll likely buy it regardless, becaue I'm a Fallout junkie.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:25 am

I REALLY hope it’s not a battle royal game. I mean I’ll buy it, and I’ll play the shit out of it, but I hope it isn’t. I’d like some multiplayer. Turkey hope they come out with an MMO fallout someday.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:00 am

I think an MMO that was part way between a normal Fallout game and something like DayZ would be really fun.

An MMO might be what we get, since that is what Bethesda is doing with TES Online to fill time in between main games in the series.

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:38 pm

I'm watching the live stream right now. I'm thinking that I'm making a mistake, as it looks like this is going to be maybe 10% content and 90% weird marketing. Why am I watching Andrew WK?

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 pm

From a friend that's at E3, she's saying that the game seems like single player, and is 4 times the size of FO4. It may have some sort of coop function but we'll see. She's geeking out over Andrew W.K. but hey, each their own. lol
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:14 pm

She's right that they said the game is four time the size of Fallout 4 (I'm not sure if theat's referring only to map size, or to other content as well).

They said the game can be played single player, but also can be played with up to twelve other people. It's going to be all online.

The game is set in West Virgina, and there are four (IIRC) disctinct regions.

Base building is going to be a big part, and bases can be built anywhere. ICBM sites scattered around that can be taken over and used.

Lots of new monsters, but at least some old ones (I saw a super mutant). Some monsters are based on WV folk lore.

Coming in November. There is going to be a beta. I'm not sure if the beta is coming sooner or if that's what's coming in November.

Collector's edition has a world map that glows in the dark and a wearable power armor helmet (I'm skeptical, I have a big head).

Overall I went form on the fence (based on rumors) to cautiously optimistic based on the actual presentation.

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:00 am

The "Power Armor Edition" (collector's edition with the helmet and map) also comes with 24 miniatures (would be cool for tabletop RPGs) and access to the beta. It's $200 though. :shock:

I got collector's editions of Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4. I think I'm going to have to pass this time, as that's pretty steep. I would like the map, figures and beta access though. Maybe I should just buy the collector's edition and ebay the helmet?

I'm going to sleep on it, and maybe it will be sold out by tomorrow. THat will help make up my mind for me. :lol:

Edit: Nevermin, the PC version is actually already sold out. :lol:

Hopefully they'll have an "in-between" collector's edition like previous fallout games, but probably not as it seems like that would be available right away.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 am

If you're going to put up Youtubes, put up semi-complete ones.

Something like John Denver's original.

Hmmm... another Mossberg 590, a Shockwave, or this?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 am

Considering this is one of the first songs I heard on a plane while traveling to Hong Kong during the Bicentennial, may as well know the words.

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

roOism
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by roOism » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:51 pm

I want to be excited for this game, but Fallout 4 was such a bore, and this doesn't look much different, co-op aside. The giant monster sloth looks interesting, but yeah, I'll take a wait and see.
"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Goethe

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:36 pm

I admit, the vanilla game is a little lacking in drama, and its resolution worse, but the beauty is in the fan made mods.

Rumor has it, backed by lore elements, this game is going to be a lot of grinding. Vault 76 is supposed to be the first to open, so very little stuff to salvage or settlements to trade with. Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave or Institute should not be active yet. Should be a lot of radiation/ irradiated areas near the old cities at this point. Ghouls probably exist, but very little time has passed since the bombs dropped so many may still be civilized and not feral.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Agree, watching the clips, you see the power armor buried. wonder if you're going to be able to dig up old power armor sets and get them running again.

Me, I've ALWAYS loved Fallout. My favorite was Tactics because you could coop. I think I'm going to have a real fun time being able to coop with other friends.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”