It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 pm 

After being a naysayer on Elder Scrolls Online since Beta... I find myself now unable to stop playing. They have fixed most of the issues I had a problem with in beta, and Im actually enjoying the game more than Ive enjoyed an MMO in years and years.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 pm 

Wargame: Red Dragon was on Steam for $10 this weekend. I played a few hours of it, and was pretty disappointed that the naval battles degenerated to "lol missile boat stronk" swarms. I guess they developers never heard how that turned out in the Gulf of Sidra or during Operation Praying Mantis. There's also a distressing lack of Iowa-class battleships and Kirov-Battlecruisers for a late Cold War naval game.

I also picked up the Rome 2 Total War game since it was on sale for $15. I almost picked up "Papers Please" for $3.

Played a lot of Fallout: New Vegas this weekend. I'm trying a Legion play-through and I opted to evacuate the tribals of Zion rather than fight the White Legs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Been playing Far Cry 4. Finally got the silenced sniper rifle. This will enable me to better do the outpost missions with silent kills. Took one outpost already without being discovered thanks to the silenced sniper rifle. Shot an elephant in the butt to get it to take out as many guys as possible, then used the sniper to service a few targets, had to get the last one close in with a takedown.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:14 am 

Started compulsively buying games on Steam again. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to get sucked in by the sales, but I can't help myself.

Today I bought and played a bit of:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Liking it so far, except for the running out of oxygen thing. That's annoying, especially for a sneaky sniper type.

Unstoppable Gorg: It's a tower defense game where you are using satellites to defend space stations against aliens. The satellites can be rotated on their "orbits" and the path the alien ships take changes, so it's actually kind of interesting and challenging to think about. You can't just pick out the best locations quickly and easily.

Spacebase DF-9: A sim game where you're building a space station. Kind of in between The Sims and Evil Genius. I'm liking it so far, but I can't seem to figure out how to get my people to defend themselves.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Hearthstone since the expansion came out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:13 pm 

Been playing The Long Dark for awhile now. Great little game.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:46 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

LOL: Legend of the Poro King (Oh sweet baby jesus, seeing my favorite axe wielding maniac transformed into a flying, squealing ball of fluff and watching him fly downrange to the king is incredibly satisfying), Day Z, Terraria (still figuring out how to do things in this)

Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:57 pm 

State of Decay and its expansions on PC, the Breaking Point mod for ARMA 3 (If you haven't played it in awhile check it out, huge improvements), some BF4 when friends are around.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:10 pm 

Started playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare yesterday. It's addictive.

Post subject: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I've started playing Radiation Island. It's got Lions, Tigers, Bears, Wolves, Crocodiles and Zombies. Lots of different types of Zombies.
Worth a look, even if it drains your iPad battery and is extremely addictive :ohdear:

airballrad wrote:
All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D

wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

After a few years of not playing the game, I'm back on Fallout:New Vegas.

I bought the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC included for 15 bucks and I hope this time around, I can continue playing the game without any major issues. I'm a little wary of playing the game too much since I got burned big time the last time I played the game.

All else fails, I go back to playing Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 while hoping a 3rd Left 4 Dead is released soon.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 pm 

I still haven't finished Fallout: NV. I actually haven't finished any of the Fallout games, despite it being my favorite series. I almost never play a game all the way to the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:31 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

quazi wrote:
I still haven't finished Fallout: NV. I actually haven't finished any of the Fallout games, despite it being my favorite series. I almost never play a game all the way to the end.

I'm the same way when it comes to the Fallout series. I find it too much fun to just wander around the map (or maps depending on the DLC) and find stuff to sell for caps so I can get better guns and more ammo.

One thing that irks me about New Vegas is they seem to have given the Deathclaws steroids and better health.

So far the only games I've played that I've actually completed have been GTA 4 and 5 and the Left 4 Dead series. Everything else is waiting for me to decide to play them again and actually finish the games.

12_Gauge_Chimp's blog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:10 am 

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
quazi wrote:

I'm the same way when it comes to the Fallout series. I find it too much fun to just wander around the map (or maps depending on the DLC) and find stuff to sell for caps so I can get better guns and more ammo.

One thing that irks me about New Vegas is they seem to have given the Deathclaws steroids and better health.

So far the only games I've played that I've actually completed have been GTA 4 and 5 and the Left 4 Dead series. Everything else is waiting for me to decide to play them again and actually finish the games.

I have this weird OCD when it comes to Fallout. In Fallout 1 & 2 I was determined to steal everything I possibly could, down to the rocks carried by little kids. In Fallout 3 and NV I would try to loot as much as I could from any area I visited, and I had hoards of stuff lovingly arranged in my house (annoyingly it would sometimes come flying off of the shelves and have to tediously be put back). I would also save scum and explore every dialogue tree as much as I could (I usually play high Charisma high Speech characters).

I also like to binge game. I'm not happy playing for an hour or two. I like to play all day for a few days and then drop it entirely for a while. I picked F:NV at the midnight release. I got home at about ~1:30 AM. Can't remember how long it took to install. I had woken up pretty early that morning so I figured I'd only play for a couple hours. Thirty-nine hours later, with a single half-hour break to eat and go to the bathroom, I decided that I had better go to bed. I wasn't that tired, I just figured it wasn't very healthy to play a game for that long. Now that I have a real job I can't indulge like that anymore.

The closest I came to beating one of the games was Fallout 1. I ran into some sort of a problem at Mariposa that I couldn't figure out (no Internet connection at the time). Eventually I got bored and decided to kill every single living thing in the game. There were just a small handful of people that escaped my wrath because you can't lockpick in combat. I was some ungodly high level when I went to kill the Overseer, but unfortunately he isn't killable in normal combat. Usually I play a super goody two-shoes character my first time playing a Fallout game, but I must admit to a perverse satisfaction in playing a raging psychopath.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 pm 

Been switching between Arma 3, Chivalry, The Long Dark, and Space Engineers.

Tactical furry.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:27 pm 

Heroes of Might and Magic III. Steam released an HD version, although it still looks terrible. The first real computer game I ever bought, and still one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:32 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Wow, that takes me back in time!

ZS Wiki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:05 am 

Cyra has the crazy eyes.

Post subject: What are you playing?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:48 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

I disabled the tesla towers on the 1st island, so from now on the remaining 3 islands get very interesting, (giant zombies, radiation clouds, giant radioactive crocodiles amongst other creatures not seen on the 1st island)) so I'm crafting & stockpiling medical supplies, firearms and ammunition before I cross the bridge that leads to the madness that is central Island :gonk:
Edit: there are NO in app payments with this game, not a single one.
All the supplies in the picture have been gathered, crafted or found using a map to uncover treasure crates.

airballrad wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:11 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

wee drop o' bush wrote:
I've started playing Radiation Island. It's got Lions, Tigers, Bears, Wolves, Crocodiles and Zombies. Lots of different types of Zombies.
Worth a look, even if it drains your iPad battery and is extremely addictive :ohdear:

:shock: :shock:
Well there goes 2.99!

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:32 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

:clownshoes:
The good thing is that that's all it'll cost you (in money anyway...can't guarantee time or relationships) :crazy:

airballrad wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:17 am 

Is Radiation Island an Apple AppStore only game? It wasn't on Steam.

I need to expand beyond playing just Tower in Heroes III. I'm okay with Rampart, but pretty terrible with everything else except Castle. All my friends play Castle. They don't think it's unbalanced, but to me it seems like a race to Angels/Archangles and then the Castle players win. Kind of like the regenerating Titan in Age of Mythology. You aren't guaranteed to win once you get it, but you pretty much have to screw up to lose at that point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:50 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

quazi wrote:
Is Radiation Island an Apple AppStore only game? It wasn't on Steam.

Shit I forgot about that :|
Yeah, so far anyway.

airballrad wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:56 pm 

Tried to play Iron Grip: Warlord with a friend, but the game servers crashed. I really hope Isotx doesn't stop supporting the game. It's old and hardly anyone plays it anymore, but damn it's great.

We ended up playing multiplayer Heroes of Might & Magic III instead. It's fun, but sure is slow paced.

[firstworldproblems]I've been making an effort to play more video games, but it's been a bit frustrating. Tried playing Chivalry, but it turns out those skills are highly perishable. I tried playing Skyrim, but I couldn't remember what I was doing when I quit and didn't want to start over. Started a new F:NV game but realized I didn't want to play through the beginning of that again either. I hate starting towns with a passion. [/firstworldproblems]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 am 

Fallout shelter on my iPhone.
My pc died and I can't play FO:NV or Sims.

-fenris-

Veritas wrote:
My bad, I obviously over-reacted. You are allowed to disagree without me being a douchebag.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 769 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next