What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Re: What are you playing?

Post by 0122358 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:19 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:Well, I was playing Borderlands 2 and enjoying the hell out of it, but then I picked up a copy of Fallout 3 with all of the DLC included.

Now I'm playing that and hoping I won't have a repeat of the epic fail that was Fallout: New Vegas. Granted, I did have one minor game freeze yesterday, but I'm hoping it was just because I had played the game all day and not because Bethesda screwed up again.

By the way, anyone who played the game on the Xbox 360, have y'all had any issues with the quest "Rescue from Paradise" messing with your game ? Apparently, the Fallout Wiki says one of the characters in the mission can cause the game to crash during the mission.
nevermind for stupid info
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Well, I'm back to playing Saints Row 3 instead of Fallout 3.

Before I started playing SR3 again, I played Fable 3, which despite some negative reviews I've read, is a fairly decent game. Not quite as good as the first Fable, though.

Saxx358

Post by Saxx358 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Has anyone heard of the game WeHunt Zombies? It's not out yet but I found it on Facebook. From what I've read on it you have the option of playing as a human or a zombie which seems pretty cool. Anyone else heard of it? It also looks like they're working with some of the zombies from The Walking Dead. Guess I'll have to wait till it comes out. http://www.facebook.com/wehuntzombies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Saxx358 wrote:Has anyone heard of the game WeHunt Zombies? It's not out yet but I found it on Facebook. From what I've read on it you have the option of playing as a human or a zombie which seems pretty cool. Anyone else heard of it? It also looks like they're working with some of the zombies from The Walking Dead. Guess I'll have to wait till it comes out. http://www.facebook.com/wehuntzombies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I do now, interesting.

Death The Kid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land, Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of The Dead, and Some of the Resident Evil movies.

Post by Death The Kid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Xbox or PS3? which do you guys think is better?
"If you pick a fight with a god of death, I can't guarantee your soul's safety." Death The Kid

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Death The Kid wrote:Xbox or PS3? which do you guys think is better?
For graphics or game selection or controller ease-of-use?
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Dogan wrote:
PC :wink: :lol:
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 pm

docdredd wrote:
Dogan wrote:
PC :wink: :lol:
I did not say for "not having to upgrade every half dozen releases" or "not casting over 1k because it's custom" :lol:

I kid. I used to be a PC gamer. I still am whenever I crave a god bit of strategy gaming. Then I grew up and couldn't afford 20-60 bucks every time I tried a mainstream game, so I got an Xbox 360 and a video game pass at my local mom n pop game and vid. 21 bucks a month, unlimited rentals, no due dates.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Im new to the PC thing, I never had a computer that could play anything better than minesweeper till my little brother built me this one. Now I dont know why I messed with consoles so long. Im scaring 30 to death so im with you on the responsibilities part.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Time was the other factor, somewhat related to responsibilities. Installing the AOE3 exapnsions War Chiefs+Asian Dynasties alone took me over 5 hours. Skyrim is plug-and-play.

Death The Kid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land, Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of The Dead, and Some of the Resident Evil movies.

Post by Death The Kid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I mean overall which do you think is better? I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 and I love my PS3. The only reason I have an Xbox is for Halo and Gears of War. PS3 is for everything else. I haven't bothered playing Halo since I got it because I have Skyrim and Killzone 3 for PS3. lol
"If you pick a fight with a god of death, I can't guarantee your soul's safety." Death The Kid

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 pm

PS3 wins hands down for graphics and reliability. Only reason I got my Xbox was for Halo, and when my eyes were opened to pretty much everything else I regretted that decision.

Death The Kid

Post by Death The Kid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Dogan wrote:PS3 wins hands down for graphics and reliability. Only reason I got my Xbox was for Halo, and when my eyes were opened to pretty much everything else I regretted that decision.
Same exact reaction. Currently my top PS3 games are G.O.W Bioshock, Skyrim, Portal tow, and Twisted Metal.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Death The Kid wrote:
Dogan wrote:PS3 wins hands down for graphics and reliability. Only reason I got my Xbox was for Halo, and when my eyes were opened to pretty much everything else I regretted that decision.
Same exact reaction. Currently my top PS3 games are G.O.W Bioshock, Skyrim, Portal tow, and Twisted Metal.
Fist time I played a shooter on a console (which wasn't HALO), I went "My god, these guns actually AIM?" The fact that it was COD2 on a PS2 should have told me something.

Death The Kid

Post by Death The Kid » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 pm

The first COD game I got was for Xbox360 and it was world at war and I loved that one then I got black ops for PS3 and was like "well I dont need that box no more". This is my second Xbox my first one red ringed and then the new one did too and my step dad had to fix it. I have never had a PS3 problem ever.

boxofrocks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (not the remake), Day of the Dead, Zombieland and many more.

Post by boxofrocks » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 am

I played through Skyrim and are going to wait for game of the year edition before I pick it up again. So right now I am doing yet another play through of Oblivion game of the year. Great game!
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

AZMedic

Post by AZMedic » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 am

I am a PS3 guy but I do own all 4 platforms...PS3 XBOX 360 Wii and PC. I only have xbox for the xbox only titles of halo and such...Wii is for all those awesome drunk party games that end in blood.

I am now playing RAGE I know its old but I just got it.
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.
ZS Arizona Chapter 18: Officer

Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878 I was a warrior.
Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
I honestly thought you were around 45 + :lol:
He's crotchety enough.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 pm

See, I dislike FO3 but love New Vegas. The subway travel system and the my best friend BOS killed it for me. Three Dog was awesome though.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Just revisited FO3. It blows my mind just how few communities there are in comparison to New Vegas. My friend made fun of me for arming all the children in the Republic of Dave with hunting rifles and the adults with chinese assault rifles. In a world with scorpions the size of VW bugs and super mutants that stand eight feet tall there is no reason not to arm children. :crazy:
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Playing it, I love the radio stations on both games :D

Death The Kid

Post by Death The Kid » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 pm

I played FO3 on xbox and liked it it was my friends though. I plan on getting New Vegas for PS3 or FO3 for PS3 because I really liked it. Anyone play Killzone 3 for PS3?

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Death The Kid wrote:I played FO3 on xbox and liked it it was my friends though. I plan on getting New Vegas for PS3 or FO3 for PS3 because I really liked it. Anyone play Killzone 3 for PS3?
I do not suggest New Vegas for PS3. Look it up, lots of issues.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Death The Kid

Post by Death The Kid » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Oh really? I would not expect that. Well I am still stuck playing Skyrim anyway lol.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:07 pm

I had a bad experience with Fallout: New Vegas that soured me on Bethesda games. Then I picked up the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 and went back to the wastes. At least until that game started freezing up on me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Fallout series, but Bethesda and whoever they get to make the games should really spend more time fixing the bugs in said games before rushing them out to shelves.

As for my preferred console, I'm an XBox guy personally. I had a bad time with the PS2 and losing saved games thanks to the whole memory card thing (I bought Sony branded cards and still had problems), so I switched from Sony to Nintendo and finally to Microsoft.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”