What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
BadIntel
* * *
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:31 pm

What are you playing?

Post by BadIntel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Pretty much confined to Skyrim any time I can get over to my brother's apartment (my Xbox got the RROD a couple months back), and various iPhone games....
ZSC:015 Chapter President
USMC Reserve Sergeant
>5 years in security/loss prevention

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!" ~Chesty Puller, USMC

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:53 pm

RAGE. You know that AFT vid that started "Jetpack, muthafucka?"

I kept hearing "Wingstick, muthafucka!" in my head as I've been playing. :lol:
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
RepeatDefender
* *
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like 'em all!
Location: GA

Re: What are you playing?

Post by RepeatDefender » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:06 pm

LOTR: War in the North

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Square Enix, you have redeemed yourselves to me. Temporarily. Seriously, one of the best games I've played in quite some time.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
Kommander
* * * * *
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kommander » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Dogan wrote:Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Square Enix, you have redeemed yourselves to me. Temporarily. Seriously, one of the best games I've played in quite some time.
Well Square didn't have that much to do with the game beyond not screwing it up. The actual studio that made DX:HR, Eidos Montreal, is now working on Theif 4. Lucky us.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Kommander wrote:
Dogan wrote:Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Square Enix, you have redeemed yourselves to me. Temporarily. Seriously, one of the best games I've played in quite some time.
Well Square didn't have that much to do with the game beyond not screwing it up. The actual studio that made DX:HR, Eidos Montreal, is now working on Theif 4. Lucky us.
See tho, in my mind, SE = Final Fantasy 1-9001, unskippable cutscene bullshit, and Front Mission: Evolved which wouldn't even play on my Xbox. I picked up this game with low expectations of an RPG made by a company with ill-repute with me, and was absolutely engrossed, and I found myself absolutely immersed in sneaking around a Detroit police station at 0134 in the morning, and rolling through China with a suppressed pistol picking off guards and hiding their bodies.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
Kommander
* * * * *
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kommander » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Well like I said Square thankfully had very little to do with actual making of the game. We will see how long it takes them to kill this golden goose.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5576
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Taking a short break from SWTOR to play Mount and Blade Warband again.

User avatar
Shiloh
* * * * *
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later
Location: Laramie, WY

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Shiloh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Quick question, but what FPS or strategy games might you guys recommend for our new computer? Bear in mind this is NOT a gaming rig. Think 8 gigs of RAM. 1TB hard drive, quad core processor, etc. So I'm probably not going to be able to run BF3 or Skyrim, but I'm just looking for a few decent, relatively new games that a middle of the road HP would be able to run. Thoughts?

PS: All spelling errors the result of my iPod.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

User avatar
Dutch253
* *
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:19 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, I am Legend (does this count?), The Walking Dead(?)
Location: PNW- South of Seattle

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dutch253 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm

World of Warcraft. Yep, I'm a geek. I'll even crank up my geekness another notch: I play Magic: The Gathering!
"But Lord, during the hardest trials of my life, why was there only one set of footprints?"
"Because," said the Lord, "Sandpeople always ride single-file, to hide their numbers."

User avatar
mk_ultra
* * * * *
Posts: 3880
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Mpls , Mn

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 am

Got Dead Island a few days ago , but have not had much time for it . Currently downloading Crysis on my 360 . For some reason it is taking forever . :gonk:
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

User avatar
Kommander
* * * * *
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kommander » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 am

Shiloh wrote:Quick question, but what FPS or strategy games might you guys recommend for our new computer? Bear in mind this is NOT a gaming rig. Think 8 gigs of RAM. 1TB hard drive, quad core processor, etc. So I'm probably not going to be able to run BF3 or Skyrim, but I'm just looking for a few decent, relatively new games that a middle of the road HP would be able to run. Thoughts?

PS: All spelling errors the result of my iPod.
It's going to be your vid card that determines what games you can play. I noticed a massive graphics boost going from my old card with 300ish mb of ram to one with 1GB
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:42 pm

mk_ultra wrote:Got Dead Island a few days ago , but have not had much time for it . Currently downloading Crysis on my 360 . For some reason it is taking forever . :gonk:
Crysis 2, I assume? IF not, Cry1 for Xbox? :shock:
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5576
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Taking a break from SWTOR
Playing New Vegas again, this time with the Project Nevada Mod
As well as cRPG - which is a MP mod for Mount and Blade: Warband

User avatar
Shiloh
* * * * *
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later
Location: Laramie, WY

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Shiloh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Kommander wrote:
Shiloh wrote:Quick question, but what FPS or strategy games might you guys recommend for our new computer? Bear in mind this is NOT a gaming rig. Think 8 gigs of RAM. 1TB hard drive, quad core processor, etc. So I'm probably not going to be able to run BF3 or Skyrim, but I'm just looking for a few decent, relatively new games that a middle of the road HP would be able to run. Thoughts?

PS: All spelling errors the result of my iPod.
It's going to be your vid card that determines what games you can play. I noticed a massive graphics boost going from my old card with 300ish mb of ram to one with 1GB
I believe the video card has around 500mb, if I recall correctly. The computer is an HP P-7 1200 series, if that's any help.
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

User avatar
Kommander
* * * * *
Posts: 4274
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kommander » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Dear Bioware/EA: Go fuck yourselves.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User avatar
ex_ethereal
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Re: What are you playing?

Post by ex_ethereal » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Takaaco78 wrote:Dungeon Keeper Gold

Sweet...

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm

COD: BO: Zombies! Got to level 14 on Kino, level 8 SSing with a buddy on "Five". I wanna pack-a-punch all the things!
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
mk_ultra
* * * * *
Posts: 3880
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Mpls , Mn

Re: What are you playing?

Post by mk_ultra » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Dogan wrote:
mk_ultra wrote:Got Dead Island a few days ago , but have not had much time for it . Currently downloading Crysis on my 360 . For some reason it is taking forever . :gonk:
Crysis 2, I assume? IF not, Cry1 for Xbox? :shock:
Nope , Crysis 1 . $20 to download . :D
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

User avatar
Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:17 am
Location: The Mythical State of Jefferson

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Dogan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:07 pm

mk_ultra wrote:
Dogan wrote:
mk_ultra wrote:Got Dead Island a few days ago , but have not had much time for it . Currently downloading Crysis on my 360 . For some reason it is taking forever . :gonk:
Crysis 2, I assume? IF not, Cry1 for Xbox? :shock:
Nope , Crysis 1 . $20 to download . :D
:shock: I will soon be hooking up my Xbox to the internet then.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

User avatar
Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 5576
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:42 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Kommander wrote:Dear Bioware/EA: Go fuck yourselves.
Holy shit, this, I...what?!. I was up in the air before this about buying it, now I flat out refuse.

User avatar
Shiloh
* * * * *
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:46 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later
Location: Laramie, WY

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Shiloh » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Finally have a computer good enough to run ARMA without horrendous lag. :D I'm enjoying sniping SLA troops from 800+ meters with an M107 or sneaking into a camp full of armor to let loose a little boom-boom consisting of C4 and AT4 rockets. :twisted:
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

User avatar
Molon Labe
* * * * *
Posts: 5076
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:45 am
Location: Glendale, AZ

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Molon Labe » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 am

Sckitzo wrote:
Kommander wrote:Dear Bioware/EA: Go fuck yourselves.
Holy shit, this, I...what?!. I was up in the air before this about buying it, now I flat out refuse.
Another shining example of why I cancelled my preorder 3 days before release. Bioware shot themselves in the foot concerning Mass Effect, even if you get a phenomenal completion rate... well... I'll just say that the writing decisions were far below sub-par.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

User avatar
RepeatDefender
* *
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:01 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I like 'em all!
Location: GA

Re: What are you playing?

Post by RepeatDefender » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Bought and started Mass Effect 3. Fuck me if I care what happens. I still loved ME and ME2, so I have to see the ending, despite how "bleak" or "grim" it may be. After all, this is an extinction event and war is war...

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”