What are you playing?

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

What are you playing?

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:09 am

Haven't seen this type of thread around, but as the title says, what are you playing? Console or PC, flash or retail, shit cell phone counts I guess. And instead of looking at this as another thread, think of it as compiling those ones that get started to mention a game we might find interesting.

Right now, I just found some free Battle Star Galactica MMO, it's decent haven't played with it much though. And a space sim city type game on steam called Light of Altair. Its pretty good, worth the $15 IMO. Was playing Homefront a lot but slowing down on it somewhat now.

Molon Labe

Re: What are you playing?

Post by Molon Labe » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:11 am

XBOX 360 with Mass Effect 2.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

true

Post by true » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Tower defense games on iPhone. Zombie Attack! was fun for a while. Free version reviewed here. But I spend more time with Tower Madness (iTunes linky), geoDefense Lite (Free iTunes linky), and just downloaded a new update for the very old Dungeon Defense, which has nice resurrecting skeletons playing on your side, for once... iBomber def (iTunes linky) was also fun until I played it all through.

Also, RISK never gets old. I get my fix from Lux Touch (Free iTunes linky).

If you'd rather stay in the Zombie genre, Zombie Highway is moderate fun in a novel idea for a racing/FPS game.

Disclaimer: All of them are violent, some of them bloodsplatteringly so, and I have no ties to any of them nor do I benefit from linking to them.

There's also a Wii mostly collecting dust, since we bought the Wii Fit board... and a copy of CIV IV that I won't let near my computer unless I have a few days and nights to spare...

Civilian Scout

Post by Civilian Scout » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Killing time with Black Ops until SOCOM 4 comes out.
"Now, let us gather our strength from the violence of the elements!" - Captain Terror

airballrad
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by airballrad » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm slowly shooting my way through Red Dead Redemption, and will be buying the Undead Nightmare DLC for it once I finish the main storyline. :twisted:

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Just finished Dragon Age II last night . Not sure what's next .
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm

I am on the second way Through Splinter Cell: Conviction.

I rented Medal of Honor two days ago. Generic, but still okay.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood punctuated with some Black Ops multiplayer.
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

austin93906
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, zombieland, etc

What are you playing?

Post by austin93906 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Went back to battlefield:bad company 2 multiplayer, black ops got too boring too me (happens when you get too good i guess lol), so i only get on it when someone i know is online on it.
Braxton wrote:So, How does it feel to be Batman? An obsolete rifle using, shingle shooting Batman, but Batman non the less.
gelgoog wrote:Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.
Why u should use Snap Caps

Unassigned
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead
Zombieland
Night Of The Living Dead
Diary Of The Dead
Resident Evil 1-4

Post by Unassigned » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Left 4 Dead 2.

Can't wait to get Homefront!
I am AR/Glock AND 1911*gasp!*/Blue Wire/Pie/Coke/Ford/Chuck Norris
Jeriah wrote:And for the record, I once had a GREAT time at a gay bar in New York.
ZSC:029 - North East Ohio Zombie Squad - Founding Member, Chapter Officer.

austin93906
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, zombieland, etc

Post by austin93906 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Unassigned wrote:Left 4 Dead 2.

id read some reviews of it before you buy it if i were you... campain was good, but wayyyyy too short. i beat it in around three hours. AI sucks bad. real value is in Multiplayer, however, right now, you cant even get into a match. took me 23 attempts to get into a game last time.
Braxton wrote:So, How does it feel to be Batman? An obsolete rifle using, shingle shooting Batman, but Batman non the less.
gelgoog wrote:Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.
Why u should use Snap Caps

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

austin93906 wrote:
Unassigned wrote:Left 4 Dead 2.

id read some reviews of it before you buy it if i were you... campain was good, but wayyyyy too short. i beat it in around three hours. AI sucks bad. real value is in Multiplayer, however, right now, you cant even get into a match. took me 23 attempts to get into a game last time.
Very true.

Homefront is just there to keep my FPS fix sated until Battle Field 3.

I need to jump back into Dragon Age 2...

Also got a copy of Sims Medieval, and before you laugh I thought it was going to be similar to Sims 3. Which I enjoyed only to the point of cheating, then building awesome houses, my people tended to die as I just focused on the houses actually.

SM? Not so much, glad it was a borrowed copy...

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I just beat DA2, and I'm on my second play through. I play settlers of catan @ games.asobrain.com. L4D2, TF2..
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

gsxr750_25
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead (the remake), Shawn of the Dead (its just funny lol), 28 days and 28 months later, Ect.

Post by gsxr750_25 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:49 am

COD Black Ops on PS3 at the moment. I prefer console to PC games even though Im 2 months clean from my addiction to WoW. User name on the PS3 is the same as the one I use here.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Edmund Burke~

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 am

L4D series, CoD series, World of Warcraft, Battlefield series.

When/if I ever get time to play anymore, is a whole other matter.

Battlestar Galactica Online. This one's very fun. It's a lot like EVE Online. It is free to play, and it is in your browser. Pretty nice graphics to be a browser-based game, though.

I am also kind of burnt out on 'run & gun' fps's so I've been looking for something different. Portal looks really interesting. But I almost don't want to have to think that hard when I am just trying to unwind and have a beer after a long day. :lol:

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Basm you still playing BSGO? If so we'll have to hook up :mrgreen:

I have a friend that plays http://www.rsclegacy.com/ - the original version of Runescape! What a throwback!
Last edited by Sckitzo on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:10 am

Sckitzo wrote:Basm you still playing BSGO? If so we'll have to hook up :mrgreen:
Yeah, but not often. I have 3 toons... 2 cylon and 1 colonial that I don't play anymore because I don't want to run into somebody on that server. So I guess just really 2 cylons. :D Which also sucks because I have half a million tylium sitting on that toon. :x

They are:
MrCoffee on Scorpia
Brutus on Aerilon

Both are puny lvl 2's. My colonial was who I was focusing my attention on but the sitch over there went tits up and I haven't been back to the game so these guys stalled at lvl 2 as a result. But if you want to hook up over there sometime, let's go. Just name a time and I'll try and be there.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:34 am

I got a Colonial named Sckitzo on Caprica. But if I make a Cylon I'll hit ya up. This isn't a game I'm going to invest tons of time into, mostly a "hmm Im bored, I'll log in and do stuff" type/

Couldn't you just switch servers to avoid that person you don't want to deal with?

Smü
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Videotape of my 13th birthday ...

Post by Smü » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:38 am

Smü wrote: I rented Medal of Honor two days ago. Generic, but still okay.
I stand corrected. Once progressing, the cutscenes are getting close and the dialogue improved by ten. Not as bad as I thought.
Last edited by Smü on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never use actual experience within an internet debate."
- Woods Walker

If you find typos, you may keep 'em.

Lodewijk

Post by Lodewijk » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Resident Evil: Outbreak. I finally picked it up.

Good way to unwind for 30 or 40 minutes.

Holy shit is the voice acting bad, though.

cowboyfromhel86

Post by cowboyfromhel86 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:41 am

Crysis 2 right now... holly hell is it a good FPS its a fresh way to play too cloaking and jumping ten feet in the air lol :twisted:
CitizenZ wrote:After seeing what she did with a spoon, I can only imagine what she could do with that machete.
Cpt. MelonBuster wrote: Glocks never killed no Nazis. :D
AR15: Pray (it works) and spray
AK47: Spray and pray(you hit something)
Mosin-Nagant: The hammer of God

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:49 am

BFBC2. I tried Black Ops but it was too arcade for me. I'm going nuts waiting for Red Orchestra 2 and Hawken.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Charlie_Kilo
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead, 28 Days Later

Post by Charlie_Kilo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:04 am

I love bfbc2, and am anxiously waiting for bf3 coming out this fall. Currently playing crysis 2. Reminds me of halo 2 more than halo 3 did.
"There's no such thing as useless people. They can always be used as a bad example, as a food source, or as target practice."
-- The Nuge

basm

Post by basm » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Sckitzo wrote:Couldn't you just switch servers to avoid that person you don't want to deal with?
I haven't even looked to see if it's possible. Playing BSGO is a low priority right now. I guess if I was paying for the game I'd give it more than 2 seconds of thought. But as it is if I'm just wanting a BSG fix I pop onto MrCoffee but that's been a while even.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”