Chinese Military Science and Go

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Chinese Military Science and Go

Post by kyle » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:41 pm

Probably not very interesting for most people on here but I found this paper from the Strategic Studies Institute Army War College discussing the Asian board game Go and how understanding it can offer insight into Chinese military science.

http://www.fas.org/man/eprint/lai.pdf

Yeah, I hate PDF docs too. Her's the HTML version of it from Google's cashe.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:05 am

Go got mentioned in The Economist. :)
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

SMERSH

Post by SMERSH » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:32 pm

go is one of the most simple and ingenious games i have ever played, and its good to see that the military is picking up on older concepts like go. in fact i hear somewhere that sun tzu's the art of war is required reading at west point along with che guevara's guerilla warfare
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas Adams

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”