Fallout 3

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Blacksh33p
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Blacksh33p » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I have a feeling they might. Just that looming threat - exactly what happened with HL2 and WoW. Seems to be getting popular. However, I think Bethesda has their shit together on this one.
XD wrote:I love all types of guys equally... just not all brands.
Imrcly wrote:then your an idiot

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:44 pm

Kedyw wrote:I have a feeling they might. Just that looming threat - exactly what happened with HL2 and WoW. Seems to be getting popular. However, I think Bethesda has their shit together on this one.
Uh.....what?

Who (and what) are you quoting/talking about? :D
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

SnippyCarcass

Post by SnippyCarcass » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Delaying the game, I believe.

ClayToby

Post by ClayToby » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Some new pictures:
http://www.pcgames.de/pid,17372/PC-Spie ... ry#jumpTop

These pictures really stand out as being really damn awesome:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2e30v8n.jpg
http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/origi ... lout08.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/33ticmc.jpg

I'm a big fan of the previous Fallout games, and i'm very much looking forward to this game. Infact i think this could end up being one of the best games ever created, if they do it right, so far it looks like they have.

Blacksh33p
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Blacksh33p » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:57 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:
Kedyw wrote:I have a feeling they might. Just that looming threat - exactly what happened with HL2 and WoW. Seems to be getting popular. However, I think Bethesda has their shit together on this one.
Uh.....what?

Read, friend. I was quoting no one, however now I have quoted both you and myself. Merely explaining how many games with a good following are delayed.

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Kedyw wrote:
phoenixmastm wrote:
Uh.....what?

Read, friend. I was quoting no one, however now I have quoted both you and myself. Merely explaining how many games with a good following are delayed.
And the way you worded it sounded like you were answering/quoting someone else. :D

I do agree on that point, however, there are exceptions to the rule.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

zombieslayr112

Post by zombieslayr112 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Still playing fallout 2, hope bethisda makes a great game.
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Blacksh33p
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Blacksh33p » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Vista will not let me play my torrented Fallout 1 or 2. ):

SnippyCarcass

Post by SnippyCarcass » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:35 pm

That's a major bitch.

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Sounds like yet another reason to hate vista.
-NREMT - EMT
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I just read in EGM that you get a canine companion named "Dogmeat".
Looks like a German Shephard. Tough and can help you find things. But not so tough that he can't die. And once he's dead, he's fucking dead.

Worry not, it's no easy task to let him die. One would truly have to be careless.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.
Xbox Live Gamertag: XxL1Z4RDxX
Regular Guy wrote:Lizard looks like he can bend steel by looking at it.

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:02 pm

L1Z4RD wrote:I just read in EGM that you get a canine companion named "Dogmeat".
Looks like a German Shephard. Tough and can help you find things. But not so tough that he can't die. And once he's dead, he's fucking dead.

Worry not, it's no easy task to let him die. One would truly have to be careless.
Dogmeat was in Fallout 1 and 2. In the first one, if you feed him some random meat he will follow you to the ends of the earth and back. I forget how to get him to befriend you in the 2nd game but I think it was something similar.
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:51 am

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:
L1Z4RD wrote:I just read in EGM that you get a canine companion named "Dogmeat".

Dogmeat was in Fallout 1 and 2. In the first one, if you feed him some random meat he will follow you to the ends of the earth and back. I forget how to get him to befriend you in the 2nd game but I think it was something similar.
He was my favorite character in both games. I made sure to get him no matter what.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

zombieslayr112

Post by zombieslayr112 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Did you find the Holy hand Gernade in fallout 2?
Define irony: a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Info on the collectors edition: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=71144

1.)Fallout 3: From the creators of the award-winning Oblivion comes one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland. Prepare for the future.

2.)Vault Boy Bobblehead: Enjoy your very own Vault Boy with this collector’s item direct from Vault-Tec.

3.)The Art of Fallout 3: This hardcover book features nearly 100 pages of never-before seen concept art and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists.

4.)The Making of Fallout 3: Get an exclusive, inside look at Bethesda Game Studios and the team behind the game with this special DVD.

5.)Vault-Tec Lunch Box: The entire package comes in a fully customized metal lunchbox.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.

zXzGrifterzXz

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:16 pm

L1Z4RD wrote:2.)Vault Boy Bobblehead: Enjoy your very own Vault Boy with this collector’s item direct from Vault-Tec.

5.)Vault-Tec Lunch Box: The entire package comes in a fully customized metal lunchbox.
FUCK YES! :D :D :D
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 pm

zXzGrifterzXz wrote:
L1Z4RD wrote:2.)Vault Boy Bobblehead: Enjoy your very own Vault Boy with this collector’s item direct from Vault-Tec.

I don't know if it'll be that special for the PC version, but PS3 and 360 FTMFW.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 pm

L1Z4RD wrote:
zXzGrifterzXz wrote:

I don't know if it'll be that special for the PC version, but PS3 and 360 FTMFW.

Dude, this is Bethesda we're talking about here. It'll be at least that special for the PC version.
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:19 pm

The Gamestop link shows a pre-order delivery date of 10/7/08

Gonna pre-order my copy on Friday

:D
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

me_ofef_seraph
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead

Re:

Post by me_ofef_seraph » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 am

Holy fuck. I'm afraid I have to cash out for the special edition now.

I found a picture. That lunchbox is going in my B.O.B for moral boost :p

I absolutly loved Fallout 1,2 and tactics. And allthough I would have absolutly loved number 3 to be like the old ones, I think Bethesda might have done something really kickass with the franchise. For me it was mostly the concept of a post-apocalyptic world of survivalists in a role-playing packaged that made my nerd-erection hard. An Oblivion-like fallout game? Yes please. I am glad Bethesda got the rights and is making this their own way. They have done some great stuff.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up with the game. Looks like there may not be a delay though, which is nice.

mk_ultra

Re: Fallout 3

Post by mk_ultra » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

We pre-ordered the Collectors Ed.

I already have a place picked out for my bobble-head

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

zXzGrifterzXz

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 pm

mk_ultra wrote:We pre-ordered the Collectors Ed.

I already have a place picked out for my bobble-head

Been thinking about that myself.
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag

quazi

Post by quazi » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:58 am

I'd like to go for the "Survival Edition" but I can't make myself shell out the extra $50 it costs over the Collector's Edition.

I'm also stumped as to where I should have it shipped. If I get it sent to my parent's house then I won't be able to play until Christmas Break, but if I get it shipped up here I'm worried I'll fail all of my classes.

zXzGrifterzXz

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 pm

quazi wrote:I'd like to go for the "Survival Edition" but I can't make myself shell out the extra $50 it costs over the Collector's Edition.

I'm also stumped as to where I should have it shipped. If I get it sent to my parent's house then I won't be able to play until Christmas Break, but if I get it shipped up here I'm worried I'll fail all of my classes.
Damn you, damn you sir!

I NEED a pipboy...........I NEEDS IT!!!!

Fallout 3 Survival Edition
-NREMT - EMT
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”