Resident Evil 5

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

CaptainZ

Resident Evil 5

Post by CaptainZ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:47 am

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/resident-evil-5/

Looks Freakin awesome. Make sure to watch the trailer...(Fast Zombies eek)
Zombies man.....They creep Me out. - Dennis Hopper Land Of The Dead

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:56 pm

Oh bloody buttf***. If its the same parasite in RE 4, that game had better come with co-op!
If its T-Virus again, or something of that sort, aim for head and pray.
OR...
He could be hallucinating from the heat!

No, no runners! Not with these craptastic controls! NOOOO!
(I prefer FarCry controls. :wink: )

Just my thoughts...
Idenification, Classification, and Extermination
Foggy Golem: a fun-loving humanoid cloud of mist that causes every thinking creature to "do something stupid" upon physical contact. Can't be hurt and can't (physically) hurt anything.

undeaddeadguy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by undeaddeadguy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:11 pm

I need that game... I need my resident evil fix!

AEnemia

Post by AEnemia » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:12 pm

The 3shitty? :(

Yeah, the Resident Evil franchise just landed in the crapper for me. I could SORT of take the fact that there weren't zombies anymore in 4, but THIS?!

Excuse me, I'll be out burning an effigy of Capcom in my backyard.

undeaddeadguy

Post by undeaddeadguy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:52 pm

AEnemia wrote:The 3shitty? :(

Yeah, the Resident Evil franchise just landed in the crapper for me. I could SORT of take the fact that there weren't zombies anymore in 4, but THIS?!

Excuse me, I'll be out burning an effigy of Capcom in my backyard.
Just because they run doesn't mean they aren't zombies.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:27 pm

I could SORT of take the fact that there weren't zombies anymore in 4,
*cracks knuckles**long inhale*
In Resident Evil 4, Las Plagas takes control of a body (part 1, complete). While in control, the body can withstand more damage than the average human, meaning that the Plagas has full control over the dead body (thus confirming it as Alien). To further prove this: At night, when the head has been removed from a body controlled by Plagas, the body will still function. In the day (the bane of exposed Plagas), when the head is removed and the body functions for a small while afterward, it has been deemed as a case of a "chicken with his head sut off"(Which is possible in humans as well).
Meaning the alien takes over the body, the body dies, the body still moves=the body is a zombie.
*gasp, pant, pant*
DAMN that felt good! Go to Wikipedia and find out more!
Foggy Golem: a fun-loving humanoid cloud of mist that causes every thinking creature to "do something stupid" upon physical contact. Can't be hurt and can't (physically) hurt anything.

undeaddeadguy

Post by undeaddeadguy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:37 pm

Not to make that rant worthless, but I think everyone was pissed because the enemies were traditional zombies...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Traditional to RE, anyways. Zombies none the less!
Thye're zombies! Zombies, I tell ya!
(Prepare the "hug me" jacket. Foggy lost it again...)
They're coming to take me away, haha
They're coming to take me away, hoho
They're coming to take me away, hehe haha hoho
To the funnyfarm!

undeaddeadguy

Post by undeaddeadguy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:29 pm

They're not coming soon enough though. Someone get the tranq gun!

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:41 am

DAMNIT!!!! ITS NOT LOADED!!!!!

4 was fun, i definitely liked the new shooting style, made things a bit more freaky when they got close. Anyone here ever play Outbreak? THAT was a bit craptastic.
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

undeaddeadguy

Post by undeaddeadguy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:57 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:DAMNIT!!!! ITS NOT LOADED!!!!!

4 was fun, i definitely liked the new shooting style, made things a bit more freaky when they got close. Anyone here ever play Outbreak? THAT was a bit craptastic.
It's not craptastic... It's just... if you simply... uh...

Yeah outbreak sucked.

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Looks good so far.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

ZS Fleet #0015 & ZS Fleet #0016

ZPwnerer

Post by ZPwnerer » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 pm

Yeah, if they have runners they are going to definitely need a more combat-oriented combat system, its tough enough having to stop, stand still and aim with that f***ing laser with slow zombies, so its going to be even more of a bitch with runners. I think something similar to the Gears of War combat system would be perfect for RE.
The Ultimate Zombie Killing Weapon:
THE M1A2 ABRAMS

undeaddeadguy

Post by undeaddeadguy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:42 pm

ZPwnerer wrote:Yeah, if they have runners they are going to definitely need a more combat-oriented combat system, its tough enough having to stop, stand still and aim with that f***ing laser with slow zombies, so its going to be even more of a bitch with runners. I think something similar to the Gears of War combat system would be perfect for RE.
That's the challenge. If they make it too close to an FPS it won't be survival horror.

Grace

Post by Grace » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 pm

This is one of 3-4 games I'm really, really looking forward to. RE4 was great, but I'm glad they're throwing some interesting new aspects in RE5. I read somewhere that as it took place in a desert-y area, you have to get in the shade or you start seeing mirages and hallucinating. I'm also psyched for the machete. By the way, is everyone in agreement that it's Chris in the trailer?
I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate revolver. And since he is so busy, you'd probably have to run up to him real quick and give it to him.

LockeValentine

Post by LockeValentine » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:53 pm

Grace wrote:This is one of 3-4 games I'm really, really looking forward to. RE4 was great, but I'm glad they're throwing some interesting new aspects in RE5. I read somewhere that as it took place in a desert-y area, you have to get in the shade or you start seeing mirages and hallucinating. I'm also psyched for the machete. By the way, is everyone in agreement that it's Chris in the trailer?
I heard about the hallucinations too, pretty sure that's gonna be in there.

I'm pretty sure it's Chris unless they've decided to go with someone completely new. Could be a much-less ethnic Carlos, but I thought he had light brown/reddish hair.

At least it's not a game featuring Steve. Cause then you'd have to run around stealing people's keys and pissing and moaning all to get your butt saved by some girl. Though in his brief minute or two of mutated-ness he was pretty badass. Gotta wonder if RE's ever gonna tie up that loose end... If I'm correct, didn't he just get captured by Wesker or something?

Re4_HMH

Post by Re4_HMH » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am

JMalone

Post by JMalone » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Whenever Capcom claims they're going to be tying up loose ends I start laughing. Weskers Report was a joke (although the second one actually provided information worthwhile to the series), Zero asked more questions than it answered (like what the hell has happened to Rebecca over the last 8 or 9 years), and it looks like Umbrella Chronicles is going to continue the grand scheme of muddying the waters further.

Incidentally, I like the control scheme. The tank scheme works better in a fixed camera angle environment and when the camera is behind you constantly; if it was set up where you moved like a platformer or action game, then you'd spend a lot of time going between two screens, and probably break a controller or something from it.

Finally, the 360 is the only really viable option for RE5 at this point. The Wii isn't exactly set up for that sort of game, and the PS3 is essentially over, unless somethings changed.

JRod

Post by JRod » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:01 pm

I just bought RE4 for my Wii. Enjoying it so far, but I'm definitely not used to scarce ammo! If you have a Wii and haven't played RE4, its very worth the $30 they are asking. I'll be looking forward to any future RE games that hit the Wii console.
Charter founder of the Hoff Squad Center for Hoff Appreciation. LLC 2008
kyle wrote:Like OMG... this thread is sooo two years ago.
BethDeath on the PAW w/out razors wrote:There will be hairy people fornicating everywhere. :D

Deathbymonkey

Post by Deathbymonkey » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:15 am

Thats funny, my brother said that on the Wii version he wasn't used to having so much ammo available. He also said it was overall harder on the wii because of the increased number of enemies, but that he liked it better than the ps2 version.

If you say wii isn't cut out for RE5 I think you're wrong, but they decided to go with 360 so that doesn't matter.

Xbox 360, we've turned it completely around, and now we're right back where we started.

JMalone

Post by JMalone » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:43 pm

I'm saying the Wii is probably unsuited partially due to the graphics (Gamecube for the lose, compared to 360 and even PS3), but mainly because I don't imagine the RE fanbase wanting to use the tank control scheme with the Wii-mote, or learning the new waving required for the motion sensitive controls.

Also, in before "RE CONTROLS SUCK CHANGE THEM FOR RE5 SO WE CAN WII".

Re4_HMH

Post by Re4_HMH » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:22 am

Um the controls are great on the Wii. RE4 feels like a whole new game with the remote, a lot better than a controller. Plus it's Capcom. I don't see the game selling to well on the 360, the fanbase doesn't seem as big as Nintendo or Sony when it comes to RE. Sure the install base is big but I see it being overshadowed and forgotten in favor of Halo 3, GoW series, etc. Sony, it could go either way. Not a huge install base but time will tell. The game will sell well but it seems like RE is forgotten on every system but Nintendo these days. Capcom is interested in "Wii-makes" of the first 3 games in RE4 and UC does well and will probably no doubt be a RE5 port down the line.

Mad_Maxx

Post by Mad_Maxx » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:15 am

Get it on PC, then i will try it, thats all i have to say...
Umbrella Corporation - International Biological Solutions
Vampire wrote:Norway is great. Just sit on a deserted mountaintop, and if a zombie happens to stumble upon you trow rocks at him until he rolls all the way down. :)

BIGIRISH1000

Post by BIGIRISH1000 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:55 pm

You got umbrella chronicles coming to Wii and its first person, and co op
When the fuck did this happen? Why aren't we tooling around in a 67 Boat Tail Riviera and solving crimes much to the may of the local police captain who hates us but has to admit we're a hell of a detective team?

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”