Working on a GHOST RECON : UNDEAD MOD .

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Alpha_Dog

Working on a GHOST RECON : UNDEAD MOD .

Post by Alpha_Dog » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:23 pm

Anyone play GHOST RECON > ?

Anyone modding for GHOST RECON > ?

+

Topic: GHOST RECON MODDERS + SKINNERS REQUIRED >>>
101ST Ultra MK [COM]
Member # 212
Member Rated:

posted 03-04-2004 07:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic script alterations plus a few skins . Thats about it . Otherwise add your ideas on this thread please .
UNDEAD MOD BASIC BRIEF :

Subject: UNDEAD Mod for GHOST RECON - Work in progress >>> Date: Today 01:17:49

Using the GHOST RECON stand alone maps and utilising the DAY 2 NIGHT Mod [ This mod allows you to play day time missions at night and vice versa ] .

1. AI ALTERATIONS : AI Multiplied by 250% - 500% / AI Undead Skins x 8 Variants / AI Weapons removed / AI Walk speed decreased 50% / AI Run speed disabled .

2. ALPHA-DOG NIGHT OPS - V101 Mod : Six Urban Maps . ADNO101 Mod using elements of UNDEAD Mod and BHD Injustice Mod .

MODES : RECON / FIREFIGHT / EXTRACTION / MP CO OP MISSION / STEALTH AND RHYTHM / BLACK ARTS .

+

Anyone here play GHOST RECON > ? I am looking for input to Mod .

+

Subject: RE: UNDEAD Mod for GHOST RECON - Work in progress >>> Date: Today 17:57:20 [ Edit ]

It should be both MP and SP . But obviously you could only play it MP on a server that is hosting or running the mod .

There will be no additional story lines that i can think of offhand - its basically turning the AI into undead [ 8 variant skins ] - multiplying them by a few hundred [ groups of 5 become 25 ] - slowing them down [ disable run speed ] - and removing their weapons .

GHOST RECON maps will be used as they are - as will the missions and mission modes - plus we will be adding the NIGHT 2 DAY mod onto it hopefully .

--------------------

+

Feedback from HPOTD :
Subject: RE: UNDEAD Mod for GHOST RECON - Work in progress >>> Date: Yesterday 17:03:43

YOU ARE A GOD!

I have bristled at buying that other game just for the mod someone is producing, lamenting to myself about "why oh why can't they make it for Ghost recon!?!?" and now this! YES!

one thing tho... will this be SP or MP?

I'd love to help out with story ideas, etc. I know virtually nothing about map creation or coding, but anything else, let me know.

+

Subject: if you are making a GR undead mod, you are a god. Date: Today 04:46:46

I've always thought that it or Rainbow Six: Ravenshield would make a bad ass base game for Undead mods.

It's been a year or so since I last played Ghost Recon but I'll gladly reinstall it and help you test it.

EDIT: Holy ****. I didn't read deadlvrs post until after I made this post. Evidently both me and deadlvr had the same, independantly made reponse: "You are a God"

Obviously I'm not the only one who is incredibly grateful that someone has decided that it was time to make a undead mod for a tactical shooter.

Does anyone know anyone else i could speak to about basic GR mod making > ?

--------------------
S L O W . M O T I O N . A P O C A L Y P S E : O N L I N E . A N D . A C T I V E

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:33 pm

Might I suggest you choose a better engine? Ghost Recon is horrible, as bad as every other Rainbow Six game. You can't even do simple things like jumping. Go hardcore classic and do halflife (not really, it'd be ugly), or maybe for a newer, better engine, how about Unreal? Maybe even mod FarCry? I'm a definate unfan of GR just because I found it so hard to enjoy when it was an exact duplicate of Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear, but slightly modernized.

Just my two cents.
Even the purest of zen can be interupted by blunt force trauma.
-Jonas

You guys are so unamerican it's killing my dog. -Cyr

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:29 am

I'm not a gmae player, but hell, this would make me buy a game.
1. Let me know what everybody's favorite engine is.
2. Make an UnDead MOD for it.
3. I'll go buy it just to play.

Is there a prefab UnDead game that's even remotely good?

- J

P.S. My desk machine SUCKS! My laptops are worse!
it won't give up, it wants me dead
god damn this noise inside my head

Ivan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Ivan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:49 am

There are a shit-ton (yes, an actual form of measurement) of zombie games.

Heres a link for one from a French developer that will be on PC (as well as ps2 I think?)

http://zombies.krysalide.fr/index.html

Then theres the Resident Evil series, which I havent had much success with. (I hate the movement controls)

Then there are a few Evil Dead games, which are sorta zombie.

Doom 3 DEFINITLY has zombies, and should be out this year. No, really.

Zombies Ate My Neigbors was a great little game for the Snes and (I think) the Genises.

Thats just off the top of my head. Im not mentioning games like Castlevania that feature zombies.

Sam

Post by Sam » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:43 am

I suggest trying CryENGINE, it has far superior graphical capabilities and a very powerful editor. Ghost Recon came out in '02 on a glitchy and hard to mod engine that has almost no physics to speak of and even lacks a jump option. It would be much more appropriate to pick a game that’s a little more up to date with the technology.

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:26 pm

Ivan wrote:Doom 3 DEFINITLY has zombies, and should be out this year. No, really.

Sure, and Half-Life 2 is real :roll:
-Jonas

Ivan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Ivan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:38 pm

Dont know about Half-life. ALl I have seen are pictures, but I have actualy PLAYED the leaked beta demo thingy for Doom 3, so its at least in part playable, so I figure it will come out.

Half-life is taking longer than a Blizzard title to show...

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:45 pm

Blizzard. World ofW arcraft is even in beta stages now. Too bad I don't care about that or Diablo 3, and only marginally about StarCraft Ghost. I want my StarCraft 2 and that's that as far as Blizzard goes.

I definately want some Doom 3 action though. I saw that leaked demo as well, I think.

There isn't that much good looking stuff on the gaming horizon though, I think. Time to break out the classics, burn them AND my computer and go on with life.
-Jonas

alc0h0l

Post by alc0h0l » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:04 am

Ghost Recon is fine for a zombie mod , and for the jumping on it i dont like shoot games with jump to escape from bullets it looks like a superhero from marvel , shooter games must be realistic and R6 series are the best for me.
Gustavo Lopes , Ex-Special Amazonia Florest Troops Leader , now Brazil Zombie Hunter.

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:27 pm

Play good ones then. Just because you have a jump option, doesn't mean that hte game is so ridiculous that you can jump out of hte way of bullets.
-Jonas

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:38 pm

R6 is a horrible series to try to mod, have you ever tried to work with the engine? Graphics, controls and AI were just about as poor as you can get. Oh, and unless you havnt played a FPS in the last two years you would notice a stamina bar in about every game that makes bunnyhopping a poor idea. CryENGINE, Source Engine, and Unreal are the best choices by far.

Alpha_Dog

Post by Alpha_Dog » Sun May 09, 2004 4:43 am

Sam and jeff - YET AGAIN . . . both missing the entire point !

Go on . . . if its not YOUR idea - JUMP ALL OVER IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S L O W . M O T I O N . A P O C A L Y P S E : O N L I N E . A N D . A C T I V E

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Sun May 09, 2004 10:36 am

Alpha_Dog wrote:Sam and jeff - YET AGAIN . . . both missing the entire point !

Go on . . . if its not YOUR idea - JUMP ALL OVER IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on. Chill out.

The three of you need to get a room.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”