State of Decay 2

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

State of Decay 2

Post by Kelvar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Yes! This is happening:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3204625/state- ... anagement/

I'm stoked. I think the original SoD was the best zombie game I've ever played. It has the right mix of combat, survival, decision-making, resource management, etc. So I am glad to hear there's going to be a sequel.

ETA: I almost feel like I need to give a shout out to the original Left 4 Dead. In many ways it is a better game than SoD, in terms of horror, theme, feel, etc. But I have to choose SoD because Left 4 Dead is only about killing zombies, which is fun, but I enjoy how SoD tries to simulate the bigger picture of living in that world.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Re: State of Decay 2

Post by Maeklos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow, that's awesome. State of Decay was, indeed, one of the best zombie survival games ever. If they can tweak a few of the issues (better and more sensible management of resources, better survivor actions and AI, better NPC interaction), this will shape up to be a phenomenal game.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 am

Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

hawk55732
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead and City of the Dead

Post by hawk55732 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 am

Interesting. I just heard about State of Decay 2 a few days ago. I had no idea that it had been announced over a year ago.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:30 pm

So excited.
Now let's just hope there's not another Ed.....

ClementinesRevenge
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, Re-Animator

Post by ClementinesRevenge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 am

Abuhin wrote:
I just started playing State of Decay a couple months ago, this is literally the best news! The game play looks amazing.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 pm

SoD was the game that showed me indies could be awesome.

I have as much time in it as I do in AAA open world titles.

This and Forza are the only two reasons I regret going PS4 this generation. I might do it on PC.
Yoda for President

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Murgatroy wrote:SoD was the game that showed me indies could be awesome.

I have as much time in it as I do in AAA open world titles.

This and Forza are the only two reasons I regret going PS4 this generation. I might do it on PC.
It makes me so sad. I have no reason to get the Xbone except for SoD. But I'll totally due it on PC :clap:

turbo6

Post by turbo6 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 pm

State of Decay and the L4D series are both quintessential zombie games. SoD is really a unique take on it, with its focus on securing supplies and building an effective base. Breakdown really added a lot of longevity to it and a lot of replay value.

However, I think L4D is really simple, mindless shooting fun. Great game and when playing with friends it really never gets old. It's really one game I can get sick of.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 pm

I got so reminiscent of this, I went and bought the PC version of the original to install.
Yoda for President

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 pm

IGN GOT IT

A van?!?! heck, yeah.
Nice to see some use of noisemakers/distraction devices. I don't know why everyone on youtube and twitch just dismisses them.
Did I just read "Act like a zombie" for her options?
Plague Hearts? Seems to be a new mechanic for 'Infestation' and 'Sick.'
Cool double team car kill.

Hmmm.
Overall combat play looks cool.
Nothing yet on base building.
I wonder what perma-death is like now. Do you automatically get a new character or does the team have to recruit a new survivor first?
Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 am

Purchased via xbone played it about 8 hours in the last 2 days. It’s basically the same as the first with better controls. The infestations are nonstop. I run and do a side quest and boob 3 infestations pop up. Morale drops to shit, my people do nothing, I run out of everything. Kill infestations, camp is now out of everything, I’ve depleted all my recourses, nearby. Run out to find some further, yay! Find everything i need in abundance! Bring it all back! Told I’m now to full, thugs will start to decay. My team then seems to dump everything, oh I stepped on a basket of food! Oops it’s gone now, oops they put no smoking signs next to the fuel for a reason, hey, all the medicinal herbs we grew, they expired. Those 3 ammoncans you brought back, left them in the rain they are worthless.

If you want a game to test every single one or your nerves.... plays this! All while getting about 92 “I need help” calls in an hour.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue May 29, 2018 12:10 pm

I may get it because Im bored of current games...and I enjoy survival from the undead. A left 4 dead 3 needs to be made though.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:25 pm

I quite playing altogether now. Until they fix the resource BS it’s not worth getting. I kept it small, 4 people. I figured I’d outsmart the game and collect the supplies and keep them on the ground. If you put to many resources in, “accidents” start to occur every 5 minutes. Well, dropping items in the ground causes them to disappear or “decay” very fast. So all this is, is a giant resource gathering game. Your outposts do nothing.

Very disappointing.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”