State of Decay 2

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

State of Decay 2

Post by Kelvar » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Yes! This is happening:
http://www.inquisitr.com/3204625/state- ... anagement/

I'm stoked. I think the original SoD was the best zombie game I've ever played. It has the right mix of combat, survival, decision-making, resource management, etc. So I am glad to hear there's going to be a sequel.

ETA: I almost feel like I need to give a shout out to the original Left 4 Dead. In many ways it is a better game than SoD, in terms of horror, theme, feel, etc. But I have to choose SoD because Left 4 Dead is only about killing zombies, which is fun, but I enjoy how SoD tries to simulate the bigger picture of living in that world.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Re: State of Decay 2

Post by Maeklos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow, that's awesome. State of Decay was, indeed, one of the best zombie survival games ever. If they can tweak a few of the issues (better and more sensible management of resources, better survivor actions and AI, better NPC interaction), this will shape up to be a phenomenal game.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 am

Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

hawk55732
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead and City of the Dead

Post by hawk55732 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:31 am

Interesting. I just heard about State of Decay 2 a few days ago. I had no idea that it had been announced over a year ago.

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:30 pm

So excited.
Now let's just hope there's not another Ed.....

ClementinesRevenge
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, Re-Animator

Post by ClementinesRevenge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 am

Abuhin wrote:
I just started playing State of Decay a couple months ago, this is literally the best news! The game play looks amazing.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:06 pm

SoD was the game that showed me indies could be awesome.

I have as much time in it as I do in AAA open world titles.

This and Forza are the only two reasons I regret going PS4 this generation. I might do it on PC.
Yoda for President

ManInBlack316
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ManInBlack316 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Murgatroy wrote:SoD was the game that showed me indies could be awesome.

I have as much time in it as I do in AAA open world titles.

This and Forza are the only two reasons I regret going PS4 this generation. I might do it on PC.
It makes me so sad. I have no reason to get the Xbone except for SoD. But I'll totally due it on PC :clap:

turbo6

Post by turbo6 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 pm

State of Decay and the L4D series are both quintessential zombie games. SoD is really a unique take on it, with its focus on securing supplies and building an effective base. Breakdown really added a lot of longevity to it and a lot of replay value.

However, I think L4D is really simple, mindless shooting fun. Great game and when playing with friends it really never gets old. It's really one game I can get sick of.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:59 pm

I got so reminiscent of this, I went and bought the PC version of the original to install.
Yoda for President

Abuhin

Post by Abuhin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 pm

IGN GOT IT

A van?!?! heck, yeah.
Nice to see some use of noisemakers/distraction devices. I don't know why everyone on youtube and twitch just dismisses them.
Did I just read "Act like a zombie" for her options?
Plague Hearts? Seems to be a new mechanic for 'Infestation' and 'Sick.'
Cool double team car kill.

Hmmm.
Overall combat play looks cool.
Nothing yet on base building.
I wonder what perma-death is like now. Do you automatically get a new character or does the team have to recruit a new survivor first?
Disclaimer: For anonymity and security's sake, this poster may alter, omit, or fabricate details of his personal life and circumstances.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 am

Purchased via xbone played it about 8 hours in the last 2 days. It’s basically the same as the first with better controls. The infestations are nonstop. I run and do a side quest and boob 3 infestations pop up. Morale drops to shit, my people do nothing, I run out of everything. Kill infestations, camp is now out of everything, I’ve depleted all my recourses, nearby. Run out to find some further, yay! Find everything i need in abundance! Bring it all back! Told I’m now to full, thugs will start to decay. My team then seems to dump everything, oh I stepped on a basket of food! Oops it’s gone now, oops they put no smoking signs next to the fuel for a reason, hey, all the medicinal herbs we grew, they expired. Those 3 ammoncans you brought back, left them in the rain they are worthless.

If you want a game to test every single one or your nerves.... plays this! All while getting about 92 “I need help” calls in an hour.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Tue May 29, 2018 12:10 pm

I may get it because Im bored of current games...and I enjoy survival from the undead. A left 4 dead 3 needs to be made though.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:25 pm

I quite playing altogether now. Until they fix the resource BS it’s not worth getting. I kept it small, 4 people. I figured I’d outsmart the game and collect the supplies and keep them on the ground. If you put to many resources in, “accidents” start to occur every 5 minutes. Well, dropping items in the ground causes them to disappear or “decay” very fast. So all this is, is a giant resource gathering game. Your outposts do nothing.

Very disappointing.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RapidM4
Favorite Zombie Movies: TWD
Romero

Post by RapidM4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:43 am

Halfapint wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:25 pm
I figured I’d outsmart the game and collect the supplies and keep them on the ground. If you put to many resources in, “accidents” start to occur every 5 minutes.
Storing resources in vehicles is a much better option. I have not had any issues yet. That and adding facility mods that increases storage capabilities.

moab

Post by moab » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm

My son just left for college and left his PS4 at home. Muhahahahahahahahah! ;)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RapidM4
Favorite Zombie Movies: TWD
Romero

Post by RapidM4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 am

moab wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm
My son just left for college and left his PS4 at home.
Sorry, moab, it’s only released for XBOX and Windows.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:22 am

RapidM4 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:55 am
moab wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:25 pm
My son just left for college and left his PS4 at home.
Sorry, moab, it’s only released for XBOX and Windows.
There's The Last of Us 2, whenever it's released. I know it doesn't have the awesome open world and resource management aspects of SOD/SOD2, but it promises to be one of the great "zombie" games for the PS4. And if you haven't played the original yet (if so, what the hell's wrong with you?), there's always the remastered version for the PS4.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”