Test your house zompocalypse simulation.

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

feanor

Test your house zompocalypse simulation.

Post by feanor » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:47 am

Do any of you know of a simulator to test your house during the zompocalypse?
Like, construct the digital version of your own house and unleash a number of zombies, specified by you, from a given direction. Test the effect of future additions to your house.
Anything remotely like that?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Test your house zompocalypse simulation.

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:43 pm

No, but you've just articulated a really cool idea. You really should consider developing an app for that.

Morgo

Post by Morgo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:45 pm

Can't really see it being viable unless your atleast a structural engineer or similar with a lot of data, a lot of money and willing to do a lot of destructive testing. After which you have the results for just one home.

zombieapocalypsegame
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later

Post by zombieapocalypsegame » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:28 pm

You could simulate it with a number of games. 7 Days to Die I think is the zombie apocalypse builder game. If you can mod that you could recreate house layout and test.
Zombie Apocalypse Games
The Zombies, They're Coming!
Once Fired Lake City Brass
Brass made for & only used by the US armed forces, well suited for reloading.

feanor

Post by feanor » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Morgo wrote:Can't really see it being viable unless your atleast a structural engineer or similar with a lot of data, a lot of money and willing to do a lot of destructive testing. After which you have the results for just one home.
I don't really see all that would only give results for one home, you test the strength of different materials and the forces they would be subjected to, surely there are ways to use those to simulate different structures and at least get in the ball park of what would happen. We all know real testing under realistic conditions is the only way to get the exact results so you're obviously just shitting on the idea for the fuck of it, or worse, out of petty jealousy.

7 days to die, will take a look asap. Thanks!

Morgo

Post by Morgo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:19 am

feanor wrote:
Morgo wrote:Can't really see it being viable unless your atleast a structural engineer or similar with a lot of data, a lot of money and willing to do a lot of destructive testing. After which you have the results for just one home.
I don't really see all that would only give results for one home, you test the strength of different materials and the forces they would be subjected to, surely there are ways to use those to simulate different structures and at least get in the ball park of what would happen. We all know real testing under realistic conditions is the only way to get the exact results so you're obviously just shitting on the idea for the fuck of it, or worse, out of petty jealousy.

7 days to die, will take a look asap. Thanks!
Well unless your going to invest the time and money in the destructive testing to actually work out the strengths of the materials and the house designs (different designs will give different results for materials used, hence one house) whats the point? End of the day it would be a totally non real world evaluation of your home aka another game based on arbitrary numbers and values and provides no real data for "Test the effect of future additions to your house"

From that statement I figured you wanted to do it seriously, guess not.

If you did do it right and atleast got it in the ball park then it would be pretty cool but that is still a lot of required data and work.

feanor

Post by feanor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:08 am

Morgo wrote:
Well unless your going to invest the time and money in the destructive testing to actually work out the strengths of the materials and the house designs (different designs will give different results for materials used, hence one house) whats the point? End of the day it would be a totally non real world evaluation of your home aka another game based on arbitrary numbers and values and provides no real data for "Test the effect of future additions to your house"

From that statement I figured you wanted to do it seriously, guess not.

If you did do it right and atleast got it in the ball park then it would be pretty cool but that is still a lot of required data and work.
The materials need to be tested as well as how much force they would be subjected to for any given number of zombies but the designs do not.
If you had to real world test the designs to get it in the ballpark there would be no such thing as computer simulations for anything but the training of pilots and entertainment.
You add two known and let the computer work out the third. Try all the crazy and not so crazy designs to get in the ballpark and then confirm with a test in the real world, otherwise simulations are useless.

Morgo

Post by Morgo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:30 am

To get it in the ball park you could forgo the design testing but in the real world they would very much need to be tested for more accurate results in the sense that different house shapes (designs) will play a part in their strength.

feanor

Post by feanor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:08 am

Morgo wrote:To get it in the ball park you could forgo the design testing but in the real world they would very much need to be tested for more accurate results in the sense that different house shapes (designs) will play a part in their strength.
You simulate the physics to test the designs and that is not to forgo testing the design. That's the whole point of simulating.
But we agree that you'd need to real world test it in the end.
On a side note, I wonder how many rows deep of zombies you can have before it no longer adds to the effect. I mean at some point they'd only crush the front row, wouldn't they?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:23 am

feanor wrote: On a side note, I wonder how many rows deep of zombies you can have before it no longer adds to the effect. I mean at some point they'd only crush the front row, wouldn't they?
The always-entertaining Mythbusters devoted a whole episode to zombies and specifically addressed the issue of multiple ranks of undead and the effects they would have pushing against a structure.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythb ... e-special/

feanor

Post by feanor » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:58 am

majorhavoc wrote: The always-entertaining Mythbusters devoted a whole episode to zombies and specifically addressed the issue of multiple ranks of undead and the effects they would have pushing against a structure.
Cool. Can't believe I missed that one. Thanks!

DarkSpanishShadow
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DarkSpanishShadow » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I have an idea , who wants to get drunk and storm random ZS members houses [emoji23][emoji16] we wobble like zombies and can't really talk right either lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:48 pm

DarkSpanishShadow wrote:I have an idea , who wants to get drunk and storm random ZS members houses [emoji23][emoji16] we wobble like zombies and can't really talk right either lol

Storming random ZS member houses whilst drunk and speaking nonsensically would be a very bad idea, if the popularity of the firearms section is any indication. :rofl:

DarkSpanishShadow
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DarkSpanishShadow » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:40 am

Lmao true true

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”