Arma III: Breaking Point

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Jaxathon

Arma III: Breaking Point

Post by Jaxathon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:31 pm

The group that I normally play with ended up playing other mods. Which leaves me looking for new players to team up with.

Anyone on here play Breaking Point or would be interested in playing it? I have a Teamspeak server for voice comms.

Breaking Point is an Arma III Zombie mod. Similar to Arma II DayZ or DayZ Standalone but with all the Arma III updates and goodies.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Arma III: Breaking Point

Post by Dogan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:45 am

Just poked my head in this, though I love DayZ this looks a LOT more polished (which is to be expected, DayZ is a standalone, BP is an official mod to an existing engine, blah blah blah). I'll have to check it out.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:14 am

BP is working more within the constraints, and with the newer engine. BP on ARMAII was messier.

I like both. Whenever I can afford replacement videocards I'll have to check it out. How's ARMAIII in terms of distributing work? Still CPU heavy?
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Jaxathon

Post by Jaxathon » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:33 am

Dogan wrote:Just poked my head in this, though I love DayZ this looks a LOT more polished (which is to be expected, DayZ is a standalone, BP is an official mod to an existing engine, blah blah blah). I'll have to check it out.
Dogan,

It is by far more polished in my opinion. I have played the standalone a bit this year and it is slowly getting better but it is nowhere near what was promised upon the initial release. For me, it is still fun to play with some buddies from time to time but I cannot sit and play it for hours like I used to. Not after I started noticing all the bugs.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:BP is working more within the constraints, and with the newer engine. BP on ARMAII was messier.

I like both. Whenever I can afford replacement videocards I'll have to check it out. How's ARMAIII in terms of distributing work? Still CPU heavy?
Doc Fab,

This is only a matter of experience for me. I have an overclocked I7 2600k and it does handle it very well. I could play A3 before the overclock with little issues. Sometimes I have minor lag when I enter the larger towns but normally its silky smooth. A3 is not nearly as much of a hog as A2 or DayZ Standalone. A3 is not as optimized as it could be but its much better than A2 and DayZ:SA. The Mechanics of A3:BP are far more appealing to me as well VS DayZ:SA Within the first few Mins in, you can find a gun and sometimes a vehicle if you're lucky. DayZ it took me forever to find a weapon and ammo that goes for it. The maps are huge and I find the Community more fun to play with.

Side note. I have been playing a lot of A3 Wasteland. That is just as fun and requires no modding of Arma 3 unlike Breaking Point.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”