Between (Netflix Original Series)

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Between (Netflix Original Series)

Post by Halfapint » Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 am

Was looking through Netflix and on my preferred list is, this movie. Between (except the second e is reversed, so its more like betwe3n).

The plot is, an unknown pathogen/virus/germ/somefuckingshit, is infecting everyone over the age of 22. What are the symptoms you ask? Death, stone cold death. One minute you're living breathing, happy go lucky citizen of SmallTownUSA, the next you're oozing out the mouth dead.

Some of the acting is crap, I'll say a pretty small part, most of it is pretty good. This is a netflix original so it's got a decent budget, that makes you think the surrounding is real. But the best part? It's a series, meaning they aren't releasing all of it at once. You have to tune in the same bat time, same bat channel, every week. I like this. I honestly HATE binge watching shows (unless it's Trailer Park Boys). This is a really nice change in my view.

I would give it a "check it out" rating, or a tentative 8/10. Some of the acting is crappy. The main character from what I can see is featured at the end, but could play a VERY strong role. There's a school teacher they show for 30 seconds but, I have a feeling she'll be a big player. Along with the set cast they are following.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Halfapint

Re: Between (Netflix Original Series)

Post by Halfapint » Sat May 30, 2015 3:05 am

Second episode is up, and well.... It's getting more and more "The 100" feel. Far to much teenage drama, semi bad acting, with bad lead actor rolls.

I did however enjoy it. Brings up a lot of points about "isolated" mass infected areas. I'll continue watching.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Slugg
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Book of Eli
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:46 am

I thought it was alright, but I guess that's because I'm used to my wife watching One Tree Hill lately. It does have more drama than The Walking Dead and I felt like that had too much drama. It is a good source for that classic "What would I do in this situation and how can I prepare for it in a practical way".
The future is for those who prepare.

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:36 pm

I agree with the criticisms above of the show. But I'm an apocalyptic fiction junkie and can manage to enjoy most shows in that vein. I find it entertaining. And the last episode does hint at the possibility of a full apocalypse.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:43 pm

I would put it in there with "The 100" it's entertaining, but its for young adult viewers. It was interesting, I like the idea behind the virus. But again for the drama and the young adult viewer of course they killed off everyone older than 22, even though it was engineered to kill off the weaker, which would be generally the elderly and the very young.

Meh. It was worth the 30minutes once a week. I've definitely wasted my time with worse shows.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:07 pm

I haven't watched 100, but I would compare Between to Under the Dome from my watching of it. Interesting premise but way too much silly family/teen drama and too little realism.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”