Fallout Nukelanta

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Slugg
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Book of Eli
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Fallout Nukelanta

Post by Slugg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:05 am

I thought I would share a game I'm going to soon.

Description:
Fallout Nukelanta is primarily a heavy foam melee Fallout LARP that takes place the the Atlanta Wasteland. Secondly it is a limited ammo airsoft scenario all combined into one sweet wasteland experience.

Features:
-Four playable races: Humans, Ghouls, Cyborgs and Super Mutants all as player characters.
-3 Dog's Galaxy News Radio new home in Nukelanta, custom made for us playing in town.
-Town life with fire pit, nuke-cola, food, crafting, cards, and hanging out. (No alcohol)
-20 hidden safes and 2 legendary items to find, some in heavily irradiated areas.
-Movie quality power armor created and worn by one of our players.
-13 acres of various forts, irradiated waters, woodlands, and arenas to explore. Watch your back from your fellow players and psycho raiders.
-Nukacola caps as currency and many loot-able items you can steal/loot from players/merchants.
-Extremely rough melee combat with light hits not counting.
-Airsoft guns of all kinds, being very expensive hardware and ammo wise to purchase in game.
-Player created conflict/good times and NPC missions, bounties and prisoner taking.
-No levels, perks, skills or classes. Your equipment and items increase your power.
-Lots of fun role play and Fallout items.

Price: Free or donate to help pay for all the sweet stuff we bought to make Nukelanta awesome.

Where: Nitro Paintball, all 13 acres of it(Minus the airball field). Lots of ruins to search for hidden safes to loot.

Rule book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Ct8- ... sp=sharing

Requirements:
-Full seal airsoft goggles or better(15 provided for the players as loaners).
-Signing a Nitro Paintball & Nukelanta waiver.
-Wasteland dirty clothing.
-From 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm players will need to stay and help pack/clean up. After dinner group fun afterward.

What to bring:
-Do not bring any bottle caps or airsoft bbs(Unless you are donating them).
-Heavy foam weapon/shield(The kind Gorg Thee Blacksmith sells on his Etsy site), no others will be allowed. Heavy hitting safe weapons only.
-Full seal airsoft goggles.
-Wasteland dirty garb/armor.
-Water/food.
-Your friends and your own faction(Custom or some existing).
-A sturdy airsoft gun or a cheap one you don't find possibly breaking.
-Loot pouch, satchel, back pack, or tac vest with loot-able pouches all with a pink strip of cloth or pink tape attached.

So what do you guys think? Any tips? After the first event I'll post a video.
The future is for those who prepare.

dee69chevi

Re: Fallout Nukelanta

Post by dee69chevi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Looks seriously badass dude!! If only i were closer.

quazi

Post by quazi » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:08 am

I've never been too interested in LARPing. A few people have pressed me pretty hard to do it over the years, and I've always turned them down.

That said, your event sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad it's so far away. I always enjoy seeing pictures from Fallout and other post-apocalyptic themed LARP events.

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:39 am

quazi wrote:I've never been too interested in LARPing. A few people have pressed me pretty hard to do it over the years, and I've always turned them down.

That said, your event sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad it's so far away. I always enjoy seeing pictures from Fallout and other post-apocalyptic themed LARP events.
We have about 3 gopros coming that I know of so far. So I'll post the videos once they get edited and such. I'm really new to the LARPing aspect, but have enjoyed it so far. I've always done sports as a hobby even after high school and just picked up full contact foam fighting as one.

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:02 am

The event went well and was a lot of fun! Check it out! Here are a few combat scenes, but I don't want to post 100 photos here. I linked the albums on the bottom.

The albums here.

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/Sluggz ... 0Nukelanta <--- Photobucket
https://www.facebook.com/donald.huston. ... 714&type=1 <--- Facebook
Last edited by Slugg on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

quazi

Post by quazi » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Looks like it was fun.

Was it more LARPing or more of a scenario airsoft/foam fighting game with role playing elements?

How common were airsoft pellets? Did you manage the availability of "firearms" primarily by limiting the availability of pellets or was there a system in place for people to buy the guns they brought with them?

Were the teams/factions fixed or was it more free form? Was there a way to "win" or was it more about having fun fighting and hanging out for a day?

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:00 pm

quazi wrote:Looks like it was fun.

Was it more LARPing or more of a scenario airsoft/foam fighting game with role playing elements?

How common were airsoft pellets? Did you manage the availability of "firearms" primarily by limiting the availability of pellets or was there a system in place for people to buy the guns they brought with them?

Were the teams/factions fixed or was it more free form? Was there a way to "win" or was it more about having fun fighting and hanging out for a day?
There was an interesting mix of both larping and airsoft. I was killed twice, both by guns. I was wounded once by a gun and wounded twice by melee weapons. Everything you can wear/carry is either found on the field, or purchased with bottlecaps. The price of things really limited the guns to mostly tactical threats while your friends flanked or retreated. If you killed someone, you can loot certain things like bottlecaps, ammo, bandages and such. You could loot the items found on the field, but not the gear that was purchased. There were no teams per say, but most people ended up forming a small group. You died if you were alone for sure. There isn't a way to win per say, this is a campaign with 4 events per year and you have a character you are roleplaying as. At the next event there will be new elements like factions and control points with various perks(respawn points, mobile merchants, sentry guards) but those are still under development as of now. If there is interest, I have a few players who recorded their events and put them into small stories.

We are still waiting on the gopro videos. There has also been another series of photos released that I'll upload the next day I have off. Which isn't for a few more days :x

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:52 am

I uploaded roughly 100 more photos

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:07 am

Here is a link to the youtube video of the first Fallout Nukelanta event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uv1bXoYAwk

Slugg
The Colony(TV Series)
I am Legend
28 series
Resident Evil series
Dawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Slugg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Next event is at eastwind castle in Aiken South Carolina, Friday May 20th, sat 21st and Sunday 22nd.
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#! ... story=null

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”