Destiny

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Destiny

Post by ausher » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Anyone else playing?

zero11010

Re: Destiny

Post by zero11010 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Just picked this up on Xbox One. I haven't played enough to develop a real opinion of the game yet.

I've spent about 5 levels with hunter and about 4 levels with warlock. So far, class differences feel more aesthetic than anything else, but I'm curious to see what happens at later levels!

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:05 pm

My copy should show up Thursday, super excited.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm on ps4, I'm lvl 15 as of now. I like it. I like doing the strike missions leveling and grinding for good gear.

Psn. Ausher

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ausher » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Well I am level 24 trying to get to 26 which is a pain. You got to find legendary exotic armor with light bonuses. Definitely a good fps game. Story line is pretty bland, but fun.

SJNoftz

Post by SJNoftz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Just got it, apparently it and my Playstation don't care for me so much as I turned it on, downloading was stuck at 6%, then my system said "screw this guy" and crashed. I got it going, played the tutorial level, then my system decided "seriously, though, SCREW this guy" and crashed again. Frustration led to me to complain here, though the tutorial was plenty fun, I look forward to moving on once I go back to it.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm

I've got one character at about level 20 and another at about level 10.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the game (I will admit that I have high expectations for games). The game does not really innovate. Basically, what you're getting is a newer, prettier version of Borderlands. You get a much less involved story. You get a much less involved equipment system. You get a much less involved player leveling/growth system. You get a much more involved online experience. You get a much better PVP experience. This game is absolutely not a system seller. If this game was coming out in the middle of the life cycle of a console this game wouldn't get very much attention at all.

If you like PVP this game may be great for you. It's clear that they focused a lot of development time on that.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:59 pm

The story was too weak to keep me playing. I just rented it. I won't be purchasing until I hear they fixed it.

Are the ships just cosmetic?
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ausher » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Ships are just cosmetic. Hoping with release of expansions they will have ship related missions or PvP.
This is my first bungie game I played so I have no comparison with anything else other than call of duty and gta. It is what I expected tho. A lot of people complain about it not being more rpg which is what it isn't. Its a fps with an online story mode. I needs proximity chat tho so you can be more interactive with other players other than on your friends list. Maybe a trade system also.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:44 pm

ausher wrote:Maybe a trade system also.
Borderlands had a trade system similar to Diablo. Basically, you just drop things on the ground if you don't want to carry them (to make room or whatever), and other people can pick them up.

There is a chance that they don't allow trading because the loot drops are 100% specific to you. They're randomized, but the drops that appear for you do not appear for anyone else. So, if you're level 15 and your buddy is level 22 your gameplay remains balanced because you're not able to get a bunch of higher level drops (there would still be level restrictions, but this would give you access to quality gear the moment you hit these levels). If the lack of trading (which really is a miss on their part) is a technical limitation it's likely due to problems implementing a system that prevents duplication.

I picked up Forza 5 and I'm having trouble coming up with a reason power up Destiny again.

M_Angell
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything really... Zombieland, Dead Snow

Post by M_Angell » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Picked it up on xbo. So far I'm digging it lvl 18 hunter. I like how you can set up a fire team to help you out if you need. It is a lot of grinding, but I've been playing every mission with the heroic modifier on so it is challenging. Ships should totally have their own expansion to become functional.

Lol I've even gotten a few guys to play a game of racing around the moon.
woodsghost wrote:"Not being a dick" is a time honored survival strategy.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ausher » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm level 25 and I need one more level for vault of glass. If I can get one more legendary it should put me at 26. I got enough strange coins for a exotic armor piece from that coin vendor.

The trade system could be like Diablo 2 where you click another character like you're inspecting them, but it also has an option to trade then it opens a trade window and you put the item in it and click accept or deny and he does the same. If both parties agree and clicks accept then trade is done, but if one clicks deny then the deal is off.
Just an idea because a lot of people complain about getting items that aren't even for their class.

SJNoftz

Post by SJNoftz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:05 pm

My copy straight up would not function, I dumped and re-installed it, but nothing worked. Told GameStop and they exchanged it for a new copy, and now it works just fine. Level 5 at the moment, but I've yet to have the time to sit and play for a long period of time. Thus far though I've found the story fairly basic, but the gameplay is fun as hell, kind of like a FPS Mass Effect. Overall I'm quite happy with it.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Apparently some people are still playing Destiny.

shooterm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by shooterm » Fri May 15, 2015 9:05 pm

That perfectly explains Destiny.

Niblick

Post by Niblick » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:30 am

Just hit 1,000 hours. It's tough to break into the endgame stuff without a group, but once you do, it's amazing.
You are
What you do
When it counts.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”