Tom Clancys the Division

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Hudson

Re: Tom Clancys the Division

Post by Hudson » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Yup, and it got boring by the 2nd day. :/
Doctor Z. wrote: “That’s it! New rule! We never – ever – put ANYTHING in the puppy’s butt!”

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Problem with Tom Clancy games is that it takes so long to take out a bad guy and you only need to be hit once to die. Now, I get wanting a realistic and challenging game, but as a casual gamer, I just wanna have fun. P.S. I used to love the old rainbow six games on my PC as a kid, but the new ones make me wanna freak out.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 am

Found this write-up on Forbes about The Division and figured I'd pass it along. Given the lukewarm reception to Far Cry: Primal, this is about what I expected.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... 4e4d266b1c
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 am

I picked up the gold edition yesterday. Going to try playing it tonight.
Do it right, or get your brains eaten.

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Played till level 4 last night. Gameplay is fun, everything feels fairly balanced, key binding is strange coming from someone who plays primarily 1st person shooters.

Not sure if I like the realtime 3rd person action though. It's too "console-ly"

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Do they at least let you rebind the keys? That was one thing that bugged the crap out of me about Fallout 4, not being able to rebind separate functions of "multi-use" keys. I absolutely hated having "thrown grenade" and "melee bash" on the same key. Seriously, Bethesda, you couldn't take 15 minutes to code those to separate keys for the PC version?
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Who is playing? Want to put together a fire team? Happy to start a new character.

I'm playing on Xbox One.

Boosted98gsx

Post by Boosted98gsx » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:35 am

Maeklos wrote:Do they at least let you rebind the keys? That was one thing that bugged the crap out of me about Fallout 4, not being able to rebind separate functions of "multi-use" keys. I absolutely hated having "thrown grenade" and "melee bash" on the same key. Seriously, Bethesda, you couldn't take 15 minutes to code those to separate keys for the PC version?
Luckily this game doesn't seem to have multiple modes for keys.

I also hated that about Fallout 4. I'm an ESDF player (instead of WASD). I like having my left hand where I normally rest it for typing (index on F). This allows my pinky to do more than rest on shift. It's like they took the console keymapping (using multiple commands for a single keybind) and ported it over to PC. My main gripe for console ports, control. They can never seem to do it right.

I'm still only lvl 7. I only put about an hour or so into the game each night after work, if I want to play at all. Been busy on the weekends doing non-stuck-at-home stuff.

zero11010

Post by zero11010 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Couple tips for you.

Low level gear should be broken apart for parts, not sold. (no sense selling an item for 10 credits instead of turning it into fabric or weapon parts when in a couple levels items sell for several times more credits and still break down into the same one fabric or weapon part).

Armor makes a pretty big difference with damage reduction. But, it isn't the most important thing. Sometimes it's really worth it to take a small hit on armor to get other performance increases.

Pistols have unlimited ammo and do 100% bonus damage on any target at or below 30% health. So, your assault rifle may do 10,000 damage per round and your pistol may normally do 6,000 damage per round. But, attacking a target at low health the 12,000 damage per round from the pistol is a pretty easy way to hit harder.

Switching weapons is generally faster than reloading. I've not tried focusing a build on reload speed for the hell of it to find out if there is a point where reloading is inconsequential.

At low level it's really worth it to try and split gear between firepower and health. Once you hit about level 20 or so it seems to be better to split between the three main stats with a bias towards firepower and health.

Look ahead at the perks and such that are unlocked by opening up portions of your base. If you find that you really like a specific special ability and one of the unlocks will open up modifications for your favorite special ability, try to get that first.

Experiment with the different special abilities. They're pretty much all amazing in one situation or another. But, the flamethrower turret will screw you over in the dark zone if other players are around (it will hit them when aiming for bad guys and mark you a rogue agent ... BAD TURRET!).

When you unlock the re-calibration station it can really be worth it to re-calibrate purple or better items to give you what you really need. Don't spend money to re-calibrate a green item because it will be replaced too quickly.

An amazing blue item may last you about 4-5 levels. Greens will pretty much rarely last more than a level or two. Meaning that when you get an awesome blue, it may be better than mediocre blues for the next several levels, and obviously much better than greens for a while. Each level's greens are basically better than the previous level (though, there's a lot of random benefit from the bonuses).

Restocking at a safehouse will replenish all ammo, and also your medkits and fragmentation grenades. Restocking out in the wild will only give you ammo.

The dark zone has amazing gear, though, it had too much of it because on 3/22 the developers decreased the frequency of blue drops in the dark zone and made it harder to farm bosses (both seem like very reasonable adjustments).

When you reach about level 12-14 get to the Dark Zone. The first tier cap is level 14. So, if you reach level 15 you're in another tier and the weakest level in that tier. Keep in mind, compared to the rest of the game on standard difficulty, the dark zone is no joke. Go with a crew if you can.

When you get killed in a dark zone you will drop any dark zone items you haven't evacuated out. This gear can be picked up by any other players. This means you will drop green/blue/purple/orange rays of light showing everyone where your hard earned gear is. When you get knocked down to your knees try to crawl somewhere where the landscape will mask your gear from as many directions as possible.

Crafted stuff can be pretty awesome. Pay attention to the blueprints that are offered.

Playing lower level content will still give level appropriate gear (mostly), but level appropriate content will drop better gear. If you try to do all of the side missions and find every little thing as you play you will outlevel the areas you're in. There are a couple of instances where doing all side quests in an area give a great bonus, but nothing really noteworthy in the first 20 levels.

If you play multi-player use a headset. Communication makes everything easier.

When you're in the darkzone the game will, by default though I believe it's an option, allow people who aren't in your group to hear you through your headset. I've heard little kids talking to each other in the same room over an open mic talking about trying to go rogue and kill other players standing right next to them ... unaware that everyone could hear them talking.

I've HEARD ... sub machine guns are slightly more powerful than light machine guns and assault rifles. Basically, they all get a crit chance increase (which you can focus on with your mods). The high rate of fire means if you can place your shots on target (especially if you can burst on the head) your DPS will be higher than the potential DPS of other items.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”