Battlefield 4

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Rednex » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:17 pm

Assault Life wrote:Wtf. Joined a game, caught the very end, didn't even get into the server before it started to load the next map. 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 points.. -21 skill.
I have joined as a game ended but i don't remember the loss of skill When i do get on at the end of a game i never really looked , but from now on I will be on the look out for .
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

We need some more missions.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Did you guys notice that it was a Double XP weekend event? I went up 6 ranks.
Rednex wrote:
Assault Life wrote:Wtf. Joined a game, caught the very end, didn't even get into the server before it started to load the next map. 0 kills, 0 deaths, 0 points.. -21 skill.
I have joined as a game ended but i don't remember the loss of skill When i do get on at the end of a game i never really looked , but from now on I will be on the look out for .
I've had that happen before. But sometimes I'd get good stuff. Like points or ribbons or medals for just joining a server where a game had just ended. But I don't know where that -21 would have come from. Sometimes I think stuff carries over from a previous game, for example I've gotten a jet service star and then on the next round I get it again but didn't earn it, so I thought it was a 'left over'. Did I get the points twice? Not sure.

Found this. Here is some legit info on how skill is calculated.
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... ed_solved/

This calculation has nothing to do with the other person's skill [that you kill or are killed by] which is one factor I thought was calculated.
And the other thing that may be missing from this calculation is the objectives. I'm going to watch for a game where I do well on objective play but poorly on the other three factors and still end up with a + in the skill component. 'Cause I'm pretty sure I've had that happen before. But the formula they are using at that link seems to come up with a matching answer with Battlelog when tested. So maybe all skill represents is your previous skill, KPM, SPM, and K/D ratio. So Assault Life if you joined a game that was 25 minutes long and your previous skill was 200, your KPM would be 0, your SPM would be 0 and your K/D ratio would be 1. Just this part of the calculation results in a loss of skill with no other points added. '=(OldSkill*0.9)+(GameSkill*0.1)' using those parameters.
  • OK, I just made an Excel spreadsheet calculator using this formula and will test it out over the next few games. It works for hypotheticals right now but I'm not at my PS3. [and its better than the one that is posted at the link 'cause you don't get an error when dividing by 0, which is part of Assault Life's question]
    • You know what, playing around with this calculator you actually do get a negative number if you join a 25 minute game and get 0,0,1. So now the question is why do you NOT get a negative skill every time you join a game that is just ending? Because I've done that many times and gotten a 0 skill not a negative skill.

So here's a round where I joined at the end and scores were 0,0,1,0. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 346675269/ [This also proves that your K/D = 1 when your K's and D's are 0] And my skill was 0, so why did I get a 0 skill and not a negative like Assault Life? I did get 20 points [don't know how] so maybe if you get 0 points it'll give you a negative?!?. Nope, my new calculator says should be -31 skill. This also proves that if you pause the game to take a bathroom break you are going to kill your skill score for that game because your SPM goes down taking your skill with it. If you care about your skill level go between rounds. :mrgreen:

And playing around with this calculator if you have a high score, like if you did do some objective work but didn't get good K/D or KPM, your skill does go up. But depending on what your starting skill level is your game score has to be very high. Example. Starting skill 200, K=0, D=0, SPM=294 [7500 in a 25 minute game], and you get a 0 skill change. So anything over that SPM and you would have had a skill increase.

And one last thing on the symthic data. There is a parameter that states 'MinimumTimeRequired 300.0'. That's 5 minutes if that number is seconds. [could be milliseconds though] so if your game is less than 5 minutes you don't get a skill score? Have to check that out, I've been in games that were less than 5 minutes, but I don't remember what my skill was at the end +/-.
Rednex wrote:We need some more missions.
I haven't gotten one Mission DogTag yet.

Squidii is Squidi.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:49 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:Squidii is Squidi.
:oh:

If we could get some ideas rolling we could all have one mission going across all the platforms at one time? I'm down for setting it up, I'm just not too creative about it.

In other news, picked myself up a new monitor. Seen here: http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffil ... omoid=1024

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:27 pm

I think I was rank 18 at the start of the weekend. Then I got Premium and with that, a shit load of XP boosts. Played through probably 5 200% boosts plus the 100% weekend boost. Level 47 now, still have 8 100% and a bunch of 25 and 50 percenters. It was pretty awesome getting 100k+ points and leveling up 2-3 times per game.

Loving the BF3 maps. Need to download the other map packs though. I still have Operation Metro on lock.

I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:17 pm

200% XP boosts + Double-XP weekend = unfair.

So last night I went ham on some guys in Obliteration with my mortar. Got a 20-kill streak. The Commander had UAVs up whenever the bomb dropped so I got the timing down for how far the enemy had to be from the bomb so that my mortar would smack him/her in the face just as it was picked up. I got 1-2 kills everytime. Needless to say, we won and it was pretty unfair to them. But they never bitched at me once so good on them.

I'll go back to that server.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Assault Life wrote:I think I was rank 18 at the start of the weekend. Then I got Premium and with that, a shit load of XP boosts. Played through probably 5 200% boosts plus the 100% weekend boost. Level 47 now, still have 8 100% and a bunch of 25 and 50 percenters. It was pretty awesome getting 100k+ points and leveling up 2-3 times per game.

Loving the BF3 maps. Need to download the other map packs though. I still have Operation Metro on lock.
Holy rank up Batman! Look at how close the stars are together on Assault's rank up timeline at the bottom of this picture. Amazing.

:clap: For me I have to do 120K to rank up once now. Hmm, I wasn't seeing my boosts on top of my DXP boosts so I thought they were being wasted so I didn't put them up. I did it once on Saturday morning but when that ran out I didn't put up another boost on top the rest of the weekend. :gonk:

R_C_S wrote:200% XP boosts + Double-XP weekend = unfair.

So last night I went ham on some guys in Obliteration with my mortar. Got a 20-kill streak. The Commander had UAVs up whenever the bomb dropped so I got the timing down for how far the enemy had to be from the bomb so that my mortar would smack him/her in the face just as it was picked up. I got 1-2 kills everytime. Needless to say, we won and it was pretty unfair to them. But they never bitched at me once so good on them.

I'll go back to that server.

I've been on the receiving end of guys doing that, awesome work, I'd be lucky to get one or 2 kills before dying myself.
I always say, you have to fight a mortar with a mortar unless the crew doesn't displace. Were you moving around with it a lot? How many shots were you taking before you moved positions? or did you?
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:36 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:I've been on the receiving end of guys doing that, awesome work, I'd be lucky to get one or 2 kills before dying myself.
I always say, you have to fight a mortar with a mortar unless the crew doesn't displace. Were you moving around with it a lot? How many shots were you taking before you moved positions? or did you?
I displaced a few times after about 2 shots... Until I realized they weren't putting down mortars--none at all. Toward the end I saw one on the map and destroyed it before I got hit (the screen shook so he launched but missed the tube). I forgot to include the best part (stupid, busy work); we had one of our objectives blown but they had two and it was down to the last minute, so if they got one more of our objectives it would have been a draw (I think, I don't play this gamemode and it made sense at the time) so I saw them coming toward the objective with 45 seconds left and laid off on the fire to let my mortar build up ammo. Just when they made the final push to get the objective I spammed it with four mortars and got three kills just as the clock ran out. :rofl:

Like I said, they were real good sports about it.

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Assault Life i did the same thing like 2 weekends ago or was it 3 i forget .Mortars i played with but most maps its just people running wild so i get a few kills with them to unlock something and thats about it.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm

Rednex wrote:Assault Life i did the same thing like 2 weekends ago or was it 3 i forget .Mortars i played with but most maps its just people running wild so i get a few kills with them to unlock something and thats about it.
I actually just tried to recreate that success but the server changed their mix up to TDM only :(

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Game Mode Scoring???!?

I was just looking at my Game Mode totals on my Battlelog > Stats > Details page. I had played a single round of Domination [for the first time ever] this weekend and got 8/5 K/D with 1161 support score.

So since my score for that Mode was starting from zero [having never played before] and I only played one round, the Mode score is displaying the total score for that one round only of Domination.

And my total Domination Game Mode Score was 45 points. :shock: ?

• "Watched - T - V - saw - zilch!"
  • "Copy! Nothing's on TV."
    "WTF, I thought Barry was going to give a movement report, what're they doing up there?"

• "This isn't gonna be good."
    "I wanna watch Sponge Bobbbbbb!!"

"How 'bout we play some Battlefield instead"
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:34 pm

Cammo Ridiculousness.

Did you know there are 121 different cammo patterns to choose from in BF4?

23 Misc
14 Adaptive
14 Autumn
14 Desert
14 Naval
14 Snow
14 Urban
14 Woodland

If you want to customize your soldier, weapon or vehicle's cammo pattern for a particular map you have to go in and customize each of the three types of items that take a cammo pattern. This could actually take a few minutes of actual game play time to accomplish. And since the cammo does actually work/help conceal you, your weapon, and your vehicle in this game, you really should apply the correct pattern.

I've actually used Naval and Urban type cammos for darker maps but its annoying trying to change them when you get on a brighter map, and the maps I rotate go from urban to desert to snow to woodland etc. And then I forget and end up using a woodland on a desert, snow in the forest, and so on, and wonder why I'm getting so pounded. So what to do??

Well I've gone to just using the Adaptive patterns now. They actually change to the type cammo that is appropriate for the type of map that comes up in the rotation. Saves a bit of time in the in the beginning giving your 'rush to the first objective' an edge if you're quick on the deploy button.

What do you guys use and on what maps?

Not to mention there's the 'I just got 'blowed up sir' and so re-deploy in a vehicle and now my cammo is gone glitch. So I'm riding around in a black vehicle on a snow white or desert map.

ETA: got 3 UCAV kills this weekend, finally. Couldn't out snipe a couple of snipers but the UCAV can. [rock beats scissors for the win]
Lifetime gamer watch at:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 pm

I use adaptive on everything. You can set up your cammo in the load out section of your player screen while not in game too.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm

*NEW* CLASS WEEK on BF4

This week is Engineer and COMMUNITY MISSION is get 1 million vehicle destroys with MSLAMS [hey Mikeyboy]. Reach the goal, get a wallpaper.

Also, on a personal note for those even remotely interested...
Lifetime gamer watch at:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

I love me some slams. :mrgreen:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 pm

ONE VS FIVE

Saw this coming and didn't chicken out while playing Air Superiority this weekend. You know how after the end of the round you see the scoreboard with the players listed for both teams and you can watch as people drop out or join in on the server? Well everyone on my team dropped off and half the other team dropped out. So I thought to myself this could get interesting on the next round. One vs 5, that would give me Five targets to their one [if no one joined and if the server doesn't balance out the teams making them 3 vs 3 on the next round]. Well the server didn't balance it so it was me against 5 other players. Which in my mind meant that it would give me plenty of targets, and for them it would get crowed on my 6 so they would get in each other's way trying to kill me. So I stayed and toughed it out to see how it'd play out.

Anyhow check this Battle Report out. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 346675269/

Since Air Superiority is conquest you have to keep control of the flags, in that respect I lost. But I had the highest score and 5 times more kills than their entire team and got MVP. Also check out the team deaths. Me 3; them 17. Only one guy shot me done once, the other two deaths of mine were jet vs ground, and jet vs jet ram. :lol:

That was fun.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace

Re: Battlefield 4 ****UPDATED****

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

FFFFFFFU-AAALLL UPDATE!

Update news report

Full Update notes

We’ll it’s here, BF4 Fall Update, and I updated lasted night to the version of BF4 that is supposed to make it more like BF3 and let you customize the HUD to ‘unclutter’ the screen, and a bunch of other stuff and balances.

How this effects Air Superiority:
I played ONE round of Air Superiority this morning, and I noticed are that they made a bunch of changes to the third person view. The jet is farther away from the camera and then they added a reticle similar to the tank reticle when in third person view. [there was no gunsight at all before in third person] And I think the speed/turning may have been balanced somehow and seemed slower.
  1. The new reticle in third person is ridiculous. Its the third person tank cross, why didn’t they make it a fighter jet pipper?!? Instead they give you that cross that screams ‘I fart in your general direction, while cluttering your view, distracting you, and is worse than guestimating.’ The reticle stays in your 12 o’clock in third person and doesn’t correct for lead. In a tank this cross is ok because the tank is moving slowly and most targets are moving slowly, but in a dog fight when you are on someone’s 6 in a 4 G turn your POA is so far outside that reticle that its just in the way and distracting. I’m going to have to play around with it to see if it can be adjusted to a pipper or taken out. Before when firing from third person I used the jet I was chasing as a rolling reference point and my POA was based on my experience factoring in distance, speed, turn rate, angle of attack, and tracer tracks [ yeah guestimating]. I always thought that a little dot at my 12 o'clock in third person would be nice but the huge cross is distracting at least at first glance. Since the actual damage point on a jet is tiny, and you're usually NOT CQB when dog fighting in third person. You really need a precise aiming device, not a distraction that covers 1000 percent of your aiming area if you are flying straight and level.
  2. The camera being farther away in third person changes the perceived angles for lead and turning. And so after 150 hrs building the nerve pathways, muscle memory, and reaction time for the old setting, the default is different. But it does look like there are multiple 3P camera angles and its just a selectable setting now. I'll have to play around with it some more.
  3. The new hit marker is GINORMOUS. Guess I got used to the micro style one, this is better IMO.
  4. I thought they did they did something to the air radar mini map, the jets looked smaller on it so it may cover a larger area of the map. But there's nothing in the Full Update Notes that they did anything. More testing.
  5. From reading the Full Update Notes, looks like they fixed what happens when you hit the 'roof' in a jet, [you get stuck] but I didn't hit the roof today so I don't know for sure yet what this change does. It would be AWSOME if you didn't get stuck indefinitely up there until you're forced to suicide out. That always screws up your skill stat since it's formula is based on SPM and KPM, if you spend a lot of 'M' stuck in the roof your skill goes down. :shock:
This is all after playing only one round of Air Superiority, so gotta play more with the settings that are now supposed to be available for customizing and see how it hashes out.

Post your thoughts on how the update effects your specialties and if you’ve found it to be improved or not.

ETA: mini map, it was something different. Just found this in the notes.
  • • Added an advanced gameplay option to change the size of the minimap
    • Added an advanced gameplay option to make the minimap icons auto size along with the minimap scale
    • Added an advanced gameplay option to set the default minimap scale
ETA2: Could not find a way to change the camera position for 3rd person view after test ranging it for an hour. PS3.
  • Saw the advanced adjustments that they were talking about but didn't see one labeled mini map.
    One feature mention in the Full Update Notes was the vehicle reticles fixed to be seen better in differing light situation but I couldn't tell.
    Found that 'aim assist' was in the 'ON' setting and I always have it off so must have reset with update. Check that if you don't like using it.
    Could not find the setting for the high frequency that they said was supported in PS3.
    More testing.
ETA3: OK found the advanced settings, in PS3 after you click on advanced you have to scroll down.

ETA4: Infantry play is infinitely better.
Last edited by MacWa77ace on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:14 am

NEW BF4 CLASSIC MODE released. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... ssic-mode/
Battlelog wrote:Classic Mode is influenced by the play style of Battlefield 2 and a cross between Normal and Hardcore mode in Battlefield 4, with some of the assisting features removed or altered, and a heavy emphasis on working together as a team.
This sounds much more realistic and fun to me. Available on servers running Classic Mode. No regeneration, doritos or 3P vehicle cams in Classic Mode either.

I never played BF2 multi. [BFBC2 multi a smidge]
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:25 pm

My laptop is broken. I will be busy for awhile.

Just gotta say I headshotted LevelCap in this Monday's Squad Up. I hope MessrUppr1 makes the appearance I hope he will be.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 pm

R_C_S wrote:My laptop is broken. I will be busy for awhile.

Just gotta say I headshotted LevelCap in this Monday's Squad Up. I hope MessrUppr1 makes the appearance I hope he will be.
That dude is prolific. Don't know his turn around time but I just went thru 5 BF4 vids [there are other topics too] that were uploaded since Monday before last and didn't see you. [he's got some overlap too; i was like, 'didn't I already watch this?'] What gamer tag was he using and which map were you on? He did kill MrPoopFart a lot on one map, and he did show a couple kill cards. But I don't think his videos are about him getting killed so he edits that out.

LevelCap doesn't play Air Superiority. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/so ... 600414/pc/

It's funny you mentioned that because just yesterday I was looking at this guy syousyuurki's Jet Fighter vids hoping to catch me killing him. He's the #4 Jet Fighter in the PS3 world rankings but not unkillable like some of the others, and I've played and killed him and have been killed by him a bit. I wanted to see that ZS Platoon emblem on a kill card. But nothing.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:21 pm

http://youtu.be/bkqbGwaOdoY?t=4m40s

I had it wrong. Squad Up is uploaded Friday. If you watch that video, you'll see me blindly and stupidly hit that room and get wrecked. As you can see his name was BadCompany2143 now, but he changes it up all the time. To add, I'm not sure if I killed him period in this video, but that headshot wasn't there at all :(

Aww, that sucks. But I see where these guys are coming from, I don't like to show off my deaths either.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:36 pm

R_C_S wrote:http://youtu.be/bkqbGwaOdoY?t=4m40s

I had it wrong. Squad Up is uploaded Friday. If you watch that video, you'll see me blindly and stupidly hit that room and get wrecked. As you can see his name was BadCompany2143 now, but he changes it up all the time. To add, I'm not sure if I killed him period in this video, but that headshot wasn't there at all :(

Aww, that sucks. But I see where these guys are coming from, I don't like to show off my deaths either.

You're famous dude. That's a perfect 'how to' not to clear a room. :clap:
4:53

I never saw those squad up vids before. Did you just luck into the server or how'd you get on it when they were filming.

Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:57 pm

:crazy:

They joined in on a server I had been playing for awhile. I was about to sign off when they got in so I stuck around and sucked.

Last night a rando friendo and I exchanged sniper fire on Hanian Resort (I was on the ship at first set of MCOMMs) I landed a 711m on his noggin, then he hit me with a 823. We were laughing about it while both our teams yelled at us. :words: :awesome:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am

R_C_S wrote::crazy:

They joined in on a server I had been playing for awhile. I was about to sign off when they got in so I stuck around and sucked.

Last night a rando friendo and I exchanged sniper fire on Hanian Resort (I was on the ship at first set of MCOMMs) I landed a 711m on his noggin, then he hit me with a 823. We were laughing about it while both our teams yelled at us. :words: :awesome:
Was it a rented server or Official?

That's funny, and a good shot. How do you communicate with a guy on the other team during a game? We can't do that on PS3.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”