It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battlefield 4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm 

Man's got a strategy! What software did you buy? I just bought Roxio Creator NXT 3 today on Amazon. I'm used to the older versions, so maybe it will be an easy transition.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 pm 

VSDC Free Video Editor. It's freeware so you can't beat the price. Definitely not Final Cut Pro, but better than the version of Roxio I had. Allows multiple layers for text, video, and sound. With my Roxio, it only allowed one layer of each type of media, so to do multiple layers i had to export and then import and add a layer, then export again and import for another one. That is time consuming, as you know, to render a video just to add a layer. But VSDC is worse in that it bombs a lot so you have to save your project after each change you make. Invariably if you forget to save an edit you'll be doing it over again.

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:00 pm 

Yeah, I have the 2012 version of Roxio (worse than the one you were using) and I had to save constantly or it would crash at the worse possible times. Roxio Creator NXT 3 went on sale so I snagged it and it should be coming in the mail today, actually. Can't wait to see if it's any better. I played some Black Ops 3 Beta and I wanted to hold of on editing until I got it in the mail.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:15 pm 

Creator 10 2007 :cry: It's worse than we thought.

That's Murph's Law with the crashes, as long as you save your moves you'll never crash, make 2 or more cool edits and POW.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:15 pm 

SUMMER UPDATE is out.

Very good review here.

They reverted the Jets to Pre-Spring update physics, fixed a jet mobility hit glitch, and now have an animation glitch which shows that you are hitting the target jet but no hit registering, what's called 'dusting'. And the lead for cannons has somehow changed, you need more lead it seems, haven't figured that one out yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 am 

I love Battlesense. Yeah, the Summer Patch crashed my BF4... No matter what I couldn't get it to boot up. After a hour or so I just ended up uninstalling and redownloading it. Works now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm 

More info on what exactly was updated here.

Seems there is an issue with dusting everywhere and DICE may have a patch that's not a patch per se since the issue is server side, that they will implement very soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:05 pm 

Notes on the upcoming fall patch are out.

Extensive vehicle changes.

For me and my Jet, they reduced the fire extinguisher reload time from 25 seconds to 8. Which if they left the rest of the jet options alone it would make for an unstoppable Mac. But they changed all the AA missiles capabilities and DOUBLED the missile capacity. This will really be interesting.

Lots of other touches and the new Community developed map will be included.

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-commerce/battlefield4/assets/patch_notes/Patchnotes_FallPatch_EN.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm 

Can't wait to see some new videos, Mac! Yeah, I haven't had much of a chance to play it since the Patch. I bought Dark Souls 2 and a guy I know is helping me learn over Teamspeak (Sort of like Skype).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:39 pm 

I downloaded teamspeak and overwolf a while ago, but don't know how to use them. :ohdear:

Just played today for the first after downloading the patch. I was worried there'd be to many missiles in Air Superiority due to the buff, but not really.

The balancing thing they added doesn't work IMO, we kept having 3-5 100+ guys on my side which made it lopsided. It appears the balancing uses your skill ranking, of course I tricked it because the last time I played I was on RUSH and tanked my skill to 135. Then today went into AS and balancer said, "you have been put on US side due to your skill". Ha.

I heard they're working on a new skill calculation. read it on reddit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:45 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

ground vehicles are op in my opinion. I think three hits from any shoulder fired launcher should be a kill. I don't even mess with them anymore. slam mines and c4 are the only way to stop them these days. Also get peeved with the little bird guys that can go all game with 4 deaths and 50 kills. 2 aa's should be a kill on those little guys.

I've been getting put in a lot of servers where one team will have ten 140 guys smoking the whole other team. Not very fun I don't think.

/rant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:15 am 

TheLastOne wrote:
ground vehicles are op in my opinion. I think three hits from any shoulder fired launcher should be a kill. I don't even mess with them anymore. slam mines and c4 are the only way to stop them these days. Also get peeved with the little bird guys that can go all game with 4 deaths and 50 kills. 2 aa's should be a kill on those little guys.

I've been getting put in a lot of servers where one team will have ten 140 guys smoking the whole other team. Not very fun I don't think.

/rant

The portable AA Missiles got buffed, so maybe it'll be harder for those pilots. But they also reduced the wait on air vehicles, which means you get back in the air faster if you do get shot down. And buffed all the counter measures to AA missiles.

It doesn't make sense to me to spend all these resources to Update the game to increase the damage a weapon does but then increase the defense against that weapon at the same time. Just leave it.

I was playing conquest on Lancom with an RPG on the island and a LAV showed up. I couldn't get enough shots on him fast enough to destroy him. He had active protection and reactive armor. I hit him 5 times and he didn't die.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:34 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

LAV's have been owning on that Ice map with the submarine when I've played too. Also, that in town one with E on the roof: holy crap the Amtrak or whatever is suddenly a force to be reckoned with. It just shouldn't take 5 hits to kill those things, especially when LIGHT ARMOR is in the damn name. I don't get it.

I need to start playing infantry only. :vmad:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:34 am 

The below radar they added to the jets is interesting.

When you go below 50m any Air to Air missile lock breaks. And you also go off the mini map/ air radar. But the 50m also counts for within 50m of a mountain.

The thing I don't like about this new thing is that your team mates also disappear from from the map. I use the map to locate team mates so you don't accidentally fly into them. And also everyone seems to be flashing on and off the radar.

Below radar does not affect portable Anti Air missiles such as the Stinger.

It's funny how you said that vehicles are over powered. When I read that the first thing I thought was, 'yeah, until I get into them, then I'm dead within a minute with one shot.' And that doesn't include spawning into one and instantly getting blowed up. :vmad:

ETA: I did notice that I can't deploy a Portable AA [stinger/igla] from the side position of a helo. But I can't remember if you could do that before or not. Can't do it now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:39 am 

Dang.

It felt floppy this weekend. :gonk:

I could not hit anything in infantry, very bad K/D, and it felt 'floppy'.

I was using an ACR with suppressor so I knew the damage was lowered but you have to actually hit something. It was like I was moving in molasses or just couldn't get the cross hairs onto a moving target. And I did use the server browser [as always] to pick only high ping servers for my AO. So it wasn't lag.

"Two of notes" were when I was on Z311 and head to head juking back and forth with this guy... doing two and three round bursts but only firing left when he went right and so on until my mag was empty and he killed me. Second was same map and I saw this guy run behind a low levolutioned wall on A. He popped his head up and I popped a single round in his head, hit maker and everything. He drops down so I figure he'll displace left and I was ready for him again, he pops and I pop him in the head, hit marker. I figure he'll move right and same thing, another headshot, then he runs left and kills me because I'm moving in molasses.

The only cool thing I got was we had a camper in a M142 mobile artillary on the CN base. Out of reach because they are in the base. First tried to fly in with a chopper and two gunners but the computer controlled AA decided to work and killed us. So I MSLAMED up a quad bike and took it in and killed the camper and destroyed the vehicle.

I'd put up the Battle reports but I'm to embarrased, its the worst KDR I've had in a long time over multiple rounds. :oops:

I even had to bump up the sensitivity on my vehicle controls from 20 to 35 to get a decent round of Air Superiority. Finally got one but jeeeeez. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/663106203668299968/346675269/

I actually had some 0 and X rounds of Air Superiority. I haven't had that in 'I can't remember when'. That's ZERO kills with more than 2 deaths. :shock:

FLOPPY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:26 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I noticed a severe increase in time to bring weapon to shoulder several times. mostly with sniper, but damn, running isn't much of an option anymore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:36 pm 

OK
So I'm not a Premium player, the only DLC that I have is China Rising.

And with all these cool releases for new maps that came out for Night Operations and Operation Outbreak [community map dev, aka Community Operations] I was thinking, 'those are nice' to bad I don't have premium.

So dumb. :?

They are free for everyone. Downloaded both last night. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:23 pm 

So true.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm 

Hooah!

Two weeks ago played the DLC Operation Outbreak and a round or two of Night Operations. Last weekend was away for the holidays. So I hadn't played Air Superiority mode for almost 3 weeks. Yesterday [rainy day off] played some Air Superiority, expected to have dropped way back on the Jet Fighter and Air Superiority leaderboards but actually was able to move back up two ranks to #19 in the World PS3 Jet Kills and to 4 in the World PS3 Air Superiority Score. Although I know two guys that are in front of me in score but for some reason they dropped off the BF4Stats.com leader board.

Note that I am the lowest rank, lowest hours played in the top 11 ranking for Air Superiority Score.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:20 pm 

I recently upgraded to BF4 for PS4. :clap: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MacWa77ace/

You guys didn't prepare me for this. :shock:
First induction was a 64 player OPERATION LOCKER on a full server with 800 tickets. Good lord, you hit B and the tunnels become grenade spam zones. I was off to the side just waiting for the grenades to stop flying thru the door and then started laughing because they didn't stop.

Now I know where the jets and Fast Attack boats went [and other PS3 anomalies].

Way back when the game was first released you had Stealth Jets, Attack jets, and fast attack boats on Maps like Lancom Dam, and Parcel Storm, but they disappeared on PS3. Found 'em, they're on PS4.

These maps are made for more players, I can remember times on Parcel Storm PS3 when I wouldn't see an OPFOR for 5 minutes and was just rushing around PTFO'ing. Because there were at max only 24 players on the map.

But then there is the drawback of the switch to PS4.

So I've been trying to get the OPEN FIRE assignment completed on and off forever.
    To complete you have to
    Reach Rank 100
    Have China Rising
    Get a Kill with a handgun in a round
    A 40mm grenade kill in a round
    And a Defibrillator kill in a round.

Of course the first thing I do on PS4 is switch to Assault, and equip the 40mm and Defib.

Play 3 or 4 rounds and nada as usual, but then on Seige of SHANGHAI I got a kill with the handgun and grenade launcher right away which is good, then I'm tryin', and tryin', and tryin' to get that defib kill, when finally, on top of the Garage, i was coming up to the stairs when an OPFOR sniper jumps in front of me and starts running up the stairs within arms length of me [obviously didn't see or hear me]. I'm right behind him chasing him up. When he gets to the top he goes prone and I already had my paddles out and started to charge them, full charge beep and zap, he's died a humiliating death. I FINALLY GOT IT :clap:

I pause, waiting for the assignment medal to pop on the screen...
    but nothing pops. Oh well, maybe assignments don't pop.

Later, I go into Battlelog to see my new medal then realize when I see that its not there; that one of the criteria is that you have to have China Rising DLC. Which I do...

But its for PS3 but not for PS4, I DIDN'T GET IT! :gonk: OPEN FIRE

Also I've gotta do the entire campaign over again to get the campaign unlocks for PS4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:09 pm 

New Personal Best
PS4 Headshot. 581.34m :clap: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/MacWa77ace/detailedstats/346675269/ps4/

I was on Golmond Railway. There were a couple of snipers on top of the high voltage tower that was about even with the RU base. They were firing on E. They had gotten me so I was out for revenge; switched to recon and moved to the rocks between A and the RU base and was using a CS-LR4 with bipod, standard pull bolt, with a 6x CL6X scope and the variable zoom 14x option deployed.

This Image but with Image
I probably should have switched to my 20X hunter or 40x ballistic scope for this mission but forgot that I didn't have a high power mounted before I respawned, so made do.

I missed the first shot which alerted them, so they stood up and started moving back and forth on top of the tower. There's no cover up there, so it was that or jump off the tower. Moving around didn't help them.

Also found this map of the IED's and their DETs for the Golmond map.
http://i.imgur.com/O2vhPfh.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 pm 

"不要殺我, 大師 !!!!"

HA HA HAAAA, die you scum.
Your screaming will not change the inevitable, be a man.

From Singapore Campaign, hard, hanger checkpoint.

BF4 Premium unlock is on sale for $20 at PlayStation store until 3pm today.
Bought it for PS4.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:47 am 

More info:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:08 pm 

Anybody really stoked for the idea that the new Battlefield is going to be in WW1?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next