It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Battlefield 4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I get murdered on reload more than anything else. Nothing like 'oh hi I'm here with my squad and 2 other guys' coming at you as you turn a corner. :lol:

I love that 226 too. I run it maxed more than anything. Trying to level the deagle for giggles right now.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:00 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
I get murdered on reload more than anything else. Nothing like 'oh hi I'm here with my squad and 2 other guys' coming at you as you turn a corner. :lol:

I love that 226 too. I run it maxed more than anything. Trying to level the deagle for giggles right now.

I need to unlock the Unica 9.... Almost there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am 

R_C_S wrote:
So this happened to me

Can anyone relate?

Love the sound effects. ROTFL. :rofl:
That looked like a Neebs_Gaming surprise party. But yeah definitely been there, seems to happen to me most when transitioning though. Sometimes it feels like when I switch from MSLAM to primary I have enough time to go to the fridge, make a sandwich, come back, sit down, put the headset back on, and pick up the controller, just as the transition is completing.

Still no background, huh??

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:31 pm 

Surprise!!!

Yeah, my guy has to find it on his PC (he does this almost for a living, so I'm not holding my breath). I may mock something up today, haven't decided.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:27 am 

I'm showing a lot of my friends on Battlelog are purchasing weapons and accessories, it shows up on Battlefeed. Is that an actual purchase, or is there some freebee give away I don't know about?

Anyone know what's going on with that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 am 

It's the weapon upgrade system in Battlefield Hardline. Since the BETA is happening, people are testing out various weapons like mad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:43 am 

R_C_S wrote:
It's the weapon upgrade system in Battlefield Hardline. Since the BETA is happening, people are testing out various weapons like mad.

OK that makes sense.
It's posting to battlefeed as purchases. Weapons and weapon accessories. How is it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:06 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I played the early beta and thought it was ok. The car stuff I'm hearing about now sounds like fun. I may get it just to have a game for my dumb ps4... Still waiting for that Tom Clancy whatsitcalled.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:32 pm 

It's fun. I can spend a whole match driving around in Hotwired, racking up points. Seeing a 5k score streak is pretty damn satisfying, and having a guy that repairs, although uncommon, is a great help.

Still hella glitchy. The physics are still way off.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Oh and grappling hooks and zip lines like bf 2!! Lowed those in my snipey kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:04 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

played air superiority yesterday for the first time. Grinding those 20 kills for the phantom stuff just because. Was a pretty good time, probably will get into rotation. There were a couple dudes that just dominated by 50 kills while us weenies got our 4-5 kills a match :lol: Dragon valley was a blast with the terrain.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 pm 

TheLastOne wrote:
played air superiority yesterday for the first time. Grinding those 20 kills for the phantom stuff just because. Was a pretty good time, probably will get into rotation. There were a couple dudes that just dominated by 50 kills while us weenies got our 4-5 kills a match :lol: Dragon valley was a blast with the terrain.

Oh, that's right. You haveta play Air Superiority to get some unlocks. Dragon Pass is tough though because of the lighting, it's twilight. Fricken' lose sight of guys when they dive into the passes.

I'm not there yet but just set a new Personal Best in AS. Of course I wasn't recording that game. @#$%^&*!!!!.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/568803854745672128/346675269/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

There were guys getting 50 kills. Crazy. You don't have to do air superiority to get those 20 kills, but when you sick like me it's just faster :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 pm 

Yeah if you get a Stealth jet in Parcel storm and kill a fast attack boat with 4 guys on it that's 4 kills with one target. Or shoot down a transport helo with 6 guys on it same thing. Doing it in AS is easier yet harder 'cause its one target one kill and the whole time you're a target with really no place to hide.

I've never been in a round of AS where anyone got 50 kills, and I"ve been in a lot of AS rounds, but I'm on PS3. I think its harder on PS3 because if you compare leader boards on BF4stats.com for either Jet kills or Air Superiority score, PC is waaaaayyy higher than PS3. Controller vs K&M. IDK. I watched a youtube video of a guy who got 48 kills and only died once due to jet ram in the last few seconds of the round, he's PS4 though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WeholEaXkQ

How long are the rounds on those PC AS games? On PS3 they average 6 to 10 minutes, and a long round is 14 minutes. I got my 34 on a 14 minute game, but that's pretty much an average KPM for me in an average 8 minute game I get the same number of KPM's. I'm just never in a round that lasts that long. 34 kills in 14 minutes is 2.4 KPM, 2.4 KPM in an 8 minute game is 19.2 KPM's. I've gotten 4 KPM's before [which is probably the best I can possibly do] but not for a whole round, just one minute out of an average length round. I've got a recording of a 4 KPM minute that I'm going to post. If I could maintain 4 KPM's for 14 minutes then when extrapolated out to 14 minutes is 56 kills, but you have to have all your targets basically be there and in range one after the other which never happens either. That's not a skill thing but a luck thing. Choosing the optimal 'next' target is a skill thing though, you know the target that is in the perfect position for a fast kill vs all the other targets which may take longer. Think of it as playing pool [billiards] you may be able to make the easiest shot as a 99% for sure, but then what is the next shot going to be, where you may have to take a shot that is 75% for sure but then the next 3 shots just line right up.

Last edited by MacWa77ace on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:57 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Oh I totally use an Xbox controller for pc for flight vehicles. K&m for everything else. I think most people do the same

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:27 pm 

That's a USB connection or Bluetooth? I know some expert PC guys use K&M on jet's, I can tell when I watch the vids. It's different. More precise. Those long thumb sticks on the controllers = less precise.

I edited the above with a question and more junk in case you missed that. [you posted pretty quick]

Here's a 2.16 KPM -12 minute round http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/4/569166786330055552/346675269/
2 KPM is average for me for a round I guess. And an average AS round's length is 8 minutes on PS3.
I just can't maintain an average of over 3 KPM's for a whole round in AS..... yet. :awesome:

Do you only have 12 jets on a team on AS in PC?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Mine is a usb controller from an Xbox (I think they are all usb when corded?). Somehow I do better in not going the wrong direction with the joystick :crazy: I especially had trouble with helicopters sans controller. I can fly anything and not get yelled at now. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:19 am 

TheLastOne wrote:
I can fly anything and not get yelled at now. :lol:

#lifegoals

I may need to try flying with a controller.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:16 pm 

OK, Here's what I'm talking about. Check this out, I just uploaded this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5LI2EFFuUY&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Nice. I'll try the km next time. Seems like tighter turns might be possible than what I get w controller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:58 pm 

That's me with a controller, I'm PS3.

What I meant to demonstrate with the video is what it'd look like as far as KPM's to get 50 kills in a round of Air Superiority. You'd have to get a kill every 10 seconds approx. I almost get that kill rate for 90 seconds in there. Speed Kill. What's the average length of a round of AS on PC, how many jets on a team, how many tickets to start? PS3 its 8 minutes, 12 vs 12, and 200 tickets. So even at 5 KMP X 8 Minutes = only 40 Kills.

You only get tighter turns with precise velocity control and corrections to your jet's velocity and momentum. Throttle up / throttle down, not moving the attitude controls faster. For example, don't ever use your afterburner if a guy is on your 6 while you're in a turn, it makes your turn radius increase, which, if the guy on your six doesn't light up his afterburner too, you'll fly right into his gunsights. As a matter of fact, if I'm on a guy's six and we're in a turn, I smile when I see the after burner light up, then tap down throttle and kill him. Yep I actually slow down a bit, 'cause it brings them into my gunsights faster. And for the fastest, tightest turn you can do you have to maintain a 315 to 320 velocity. Which is easiest in a left or right horizontal turn, and most difficult in a vertical loop to maintain 'cause you have to add throttle from approx. 7 to 1 o'clock and subtract throttle from 1 to 7 o'clock.

I'm just sayin' that the KM thing I think might be better for precision aiming control. Like when you have to hit a target that is at a really long range, you have to make minuscule adjustments which with a stick is difficult. So KM may give you more precision. But IDK for sure being a console guy, I'm going by the leaderboards on bf4stats.com and comparing PC to console scores. PC's scores are higher. [BTW The video shows a couple of really long shots with the guns with a controller :awesome: ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I believe the matches were 800 tickets and 20v20 on PC but I could absolutely be wrong. I'll check next time I'm on. Would make 50 kills much more viable compared to your console stuff.

I was running into a lot of hacked matches the other day. One guy had 100 kills and was basically respawning where he died with no kill stat gained. I hard crashed soon after joining that server. Another server had similar with a guy pistol killing from across the map. I crashed there too losing a decent score :vmad:

I just don't get the cheating. It's griefing. Nothing to gain but pissing everyone off. No high level unlock really gains you anything. The only good upgrade that really has improved my kd is the straight pull on sniper rifles for fast follow up shots and any kind of upgrade to irons for any other weapon. All stuff you can get in a couple hours at the max.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:27 pm 

Hmmmm, If I was on an Air Superiority map with 800 tickets and twenty targets on the opfor, I could maintain 2 kpm easy. 4X the tickets = 4X the average gametime. 8X4 = 32 minutes/round X 1 KPM = 32 Kills. Were the rounds about 30 minutes long? It's hard to get high scores when there aren't many targets on the opfor. The longer you spend looking for a target the lower your KMP, in a sky with 20 targets, that's rich. I bet the maps are bigger too though.

I have my server browser filter set on Air Superiority and only join servers with a lot of guys on 'em [and a good connection] so there are more targets. And if a server gets unbalanced, I like to be on the team with the least amount of guys, that, again means more targets for me. For example: 6 vs 12, or I posted that round where it was 1 vs 5, and I got the most kills. and that was 1.1 KPM being outnumbered 5 to 1.

That's one reason I like consoles, little to no hacking that I can see. The only point I can see to cheating is to piss people off and get reactions by mic, chat, or mail, its definitely not to be good at something that's for sure, so everything a cheater gets in rank or unlocks isn't their's. The hatemail is the only thing they've earned. Hacking makes the servers crash? BF4 uses a GameBot that's supposed to prevent hacking called Punkbuster, but it has to be turned on for it to work. You can see if its on by looking at the server settings for the server you're on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Pc used pb too. Not sure the hacking resulted in the crashes (maybe admins just booted everyone) but I crashed.

Was on another server the other day with 5 admins that spent more time kicking people than shooting. 'Twas entertaining.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 620 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next